Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We have a eucalyptus tree in our garden in England, so they can grow here. I also remember being told to take a salt bath after having Miss V for my stitches but everything else she has said recently has been utter shite. She reminds me of a child, but less endearing. The tedious conversations, the self centred ness, the lack of emotional control, the neediness, the sudden enthusiasm with no follow through. She has clearly been spoilt as a child, even with the foster children she resents so much, and has never fully taken on the responsibilities of being an adult even though she has a real life child to take care of. Poor SB, hope his other parent lets him be the kid.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Yeah. I didnt concentrate much in biology at school but I think skin grows with you. But our Jack has to have a dramatic story to go with everything. So her hands are due to that apparently not because of not enough hand cream.
Not enough washing! 🤢 either

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I have my suspicions about her story that she used food banks. I didnt hear her mention them before years ago. At that time they were much rarer and often you had to have a social work referral. That is something she would have massively avoided. She has said she appropriates other peoples stories as her own. When I first came across her she was showing people how to cook on what they had. There was no mention of what you get in a food parcel from the food bank .
Now sadly a sign of the times they are everywhere there is one 10 mins walk from me now and never was before.
Also in re to foodbanks I worked in a large one Aberdeen and we got all sorts. We had vegans and veggies coming in looking for beans and would have snapped up coconut milk. We never knew what was coming through door. Often it was a supermarket off loading something not selling well or about to go out of date. We also had a shopping system when as well as a bag of staples the people who came in could have a look to see what we had in stock and anything different tasty was snapped up .
As to her thrift hacks ! Who doesnt put water in their bottles to stretch them jeso ! Half my hair products are like that .
Fit like??

After a wonderful food bank discussion on these threads last year, I decided to set up a direct debit for our local one, mainly because I’d been erring on the side of caution and buying pasta and sauce etc and not buying nice things too. Also I’m a terrible cook and appreciate that most people aren’t so who am I to foist things on them 😂

Someone said it earlier (sorry I can’t remember who), these threads have provided more useful info on food banks than anything JM has provided in the last 9 years. She’s a ‘dangerous’ woman because of the misinformation she provides and I don’t get why the squiggles can’t see how disingenuous she is. I wonder if the time will come when RSM will regret hitching her wagon to Jack’s star, and depending on what it is she’s really looking for, then she might just

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Fit like??

After a wonderful food bank discussion on these threads last year, I decided to set up a direct debit for our local one, mainly because I’d been erring on the side of caution and buying pasta and sauce etc and not buying nice things too. Also I’m a terrible cook and appreciate that most people aren’t so who am I to foist things on them 😂

Someone said it earlier (sorry I can’t remember who), these threads have provided more useful info on food banks than anything JM has provided in the last 9 years. She’s a ‘dangerous’ woman because of the misinformation she provides and I don’t get why the squiggles can’t see how disingenuous she is. I wonder if the time will come when RSM will regret hitching her wagon to Jack’s star, and depending on what it is she’s really looking for, then she might just
She's so wilful in her spreading of misinformation too. It's not like 'Oops, messed up. Here's the facts', she buckles down and spouts even more.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
The thing is is always been about resentment for MR getting things done, but in fairness to him he stated the lunch vouchers during the last lockdown so there fore it is his thing and he wanted it sorting.

I get she wanted the voices of the current real people in poverty but with her help they went about it in a very unhelpful way.

I never understood why she didn't flag it, get MR to help sort the vouchers and let it be. The whole point of the thing was to ensure the children were fed which they are. it should never have mattered who's name was in the media or anything else, other than a failing scheme being rectified which it was and is.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
It's all confusing messages from all sides. Marcus being called out for no longer being in poverty when it should be Monroe especially after the whole 'this is my story' bollocks. He's obviously open about where he's been and where he is now. Monroe isn't at all so she gets away with it.

It's all confusing messages from all sides. Marcus being called out for no longer being in poverty when it should be Monroe especially after the whole 'this is my story' bollocks. He's obviously open about where he's been and where he is now. Monroe isn't at all so she gets away with it.
Have I missed a chaos involving JM & RSM moaning about MR? I can’t find anything about it, all I’ve seen is rabbits and eucalyptus hacks, please can someone point me to the receipt. Thanks 🙏

Reactions: 18
Have I missed a chaos involving JM & RSM moaning about MR? I can’t find anything about it, all I’ve seen is rabbits and eucalyptus hacks, please can someone point me to the receipt. Thanks 🙏
Monroe hasn't overtly said anything about Marcus to my knowledge. She did say about it being her story though. I think Roadside Mum said a few pages back that she couldn't get a seat at the table but he did.

Reactions: 26
Not a chaos per se but last night RSM explicitly expressed chagrin that Marcus had been consulted over FSM while she hadn’t:

EF95BE3A-9C24-4D95-9E22-06016F62F87F.jpeg

And while Jack hasn’t said anything explicit she’s hinted at it with her passive aggressive article about open letters being useless (👍🏻 to hashtags, though 🙄), and we know that she’s in Roadside Mum’s ear.

I keep feeling flickers of hope that she’s clicking that Jack is making bank while appropriating her story and her struggle from her cryptic writing but I think she’s well and truly drunk the eucalyptus koolaid.

• Heart
  • Haha
Marcus has a hell of a lot more name recognition than Jack - he plays for Man U ffs (did check I had the right red ones). It’s really admirable for him to stick his head up on this, especially when as a young (now rich) black man he is subjected to horrific racist abuse. I’m amazed that she can’t see that and how her griping lays bare the fact it wasn’t about the kids, it was about getting into Vogue. (God I love Edward Enninful but he seems to get hoodwinked by grifting females sometimes)

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I
I missed the earlier 2020 threads (may need to go back and have a proper grunka one day), so this will no doubt be in there somewhere. May article about the crappy bungalow. THE SIZE OF IT!!

I clicked on the link because I haven’t seen enough of the crappy bungalow. Look how she’s referred to in that article- they couldn’t even be bothered to get her moniker right-

E12E9268-73B5-4BA3-AE58-FA4CB7F27B40.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Monroe hasn't overtly said anything about Marcus to my knowledge. She did say about it being her story though. I think Roadside Mum said a few pages back that she couldn't get a seat at the table but he did.
Here's the thing, when RM moans that working class people don't get a seat it just smacks of envy, or worse still, her ego being put out of joint - Rashford isn't working class now but he was, he grew up working class and the boy done good, now he's using his fame to fight for the people he left behind... for Monroe or RM to get a place at the table, to put it bluntly, they have to step up and achieve something first. It may not be right, she could have a point but duck her because just like monroe, she wants to enrich herself as a result of this apparent offer of help where as Rashford sees it as a non-profit sideline. It boils my piss that they could have the cheek to moan about Rashford after he basically, single handedly achieved more in 6 months than Monroe and her new apprentice could imagine to achieve in a lifetime - bleeping idiots.

Mod edit: All, be reminded that roadside mum isn’t the subject of the thread. Don’t ‘directly address’ her as if she is the thread topic, ‘hold her to account’ in the same way as Jack or post screenshots of unrelated tweets.

Edit: Mod, genuine question - what difference does it make? So she's not the topic of this thread but it can't be what, libel, to discuss her actions in relation to her slagging off Rashford?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.