Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She puts salt in her bath but not in her bread dough. How does this maniac still have a career? Even if we ignore the compulsive lying, she's bleeping incompetent!

• Haha
Reactions: 76
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
This is sort of what I was thinking with the whole coconut milk thing. Took a look on Twitter and people saying that it's a 'nice extra' and not to bother donating it at the moment yet in many cultures it's a staple.
How about asking the community that the specific foodbank serves what they need? And maybe that will vary place to place, and a one size fits all approach won't work.
I'm sure many who aren't pontificating on Twitter already know this!
In my local supermarket they stick a notice on the side of the food bank donation box saying what articles they are in need of, and what they have enough of. If you wanted to donate something not on the list and had concerns you could always phone them and ask.

Reactions: 23
‘Salt is salt is salt’.

Ha! For Jack Monroe salts are just like mince. The differences ‘just are’.
LMAO. Some salt has salt added to make it more salty and others have a little salt taken out to make them less salty. Matt?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
She did say she was premature some time this year cos she was saying that is why her hands looked weird. Too much skin on them on something :)
I was eight weeks early and I can't say that's something that's ever come up in my life as a potential issue.

Edit: now staring at my hands (yes frauen, I too have hands 🔺 ) very suspiciously.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Thread title - Jack Monroe: always take her stories with a pinch of (clementine) salt

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I was eight weeks early and I can't say that's something that's ever come up in my life as a potential issue.
Yeah. I didnt concentrate much in biology at school but I think skin grows with you. But our Jack has to have a dramatic story to go with everything. So her hands are due to that apparently not because of not enough hand cream.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Fair enough it turns out most UK salt isn’t iodised, although her Twitter is international so she should still know and specify.
Am gonna write a book about facts you can learn from not believing tit Jack chats

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Only imagine a whole book full of tips like these. With a retail price of ??? And - elastic band from the pavement. I am lost for words.
I'm all for people recycling and being creative but when you're at the point that you're picking up a single elastic band and then boasting about reusing it, it's maybe time to step back. The tips in this hellbook are going to be like the ramblings of a miser in the midst of a cheese dream "harvest the rubber bands of the pavement- store them in a jar", "befriend a giving puddle-thrift stores y'all".

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Not to be weird, but does she have a bath in the RENTED bungalow? Just when she showed her bathroom before (with the eucalyptus leaves that fell down in a breeze and were definitely NOT the same leaves delivered by Arena flowers) I could have sworn it was a shower?

ALSO the bath salts is just the kombucha all over again. She'll bang on about it for a few weeks as she creates every odd concoction under the sun, attempts to mass market it after one go, and then never mention it again.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
God frugal jack is the gift that keeps on giving! She really has no idea whatsoever either of being poor or being frugal its laughable?
Whose life is enhanced by picking up rubber bands from the pavement or soaking themselves in table salt? :sick:
Its totally bizzare but i do see it as a continuing trend with these so called influencers in that what they offer is essentially the emperor's new clothes?
Its all smokes and mirrors and beguiling people with cultivating the right image and insincere seductiveness but actually when you examine the content its very threadbare and flimsy?
Nobody really needs any of these supposed lifestyle hacks#frugal tips that she's coming out with its just hype and trying to be hip and bang on trend.(thanks mrs hinch for nothing!)
A kind of woke/faux the goodlife/austerity chic?
Its really in such bad taste...that i can't even fathom it except as a marketing strategy!(monetising poverty/making a profit from the poor well jack what a good idea! Those fat cats and titans of industry that you claim to depise have been doing it for years!)
You know going through a pandemic with many losing their jobs and also lots of people having to claim universal credit in a way if she had more empathy and real life experience she could actually have done something meaningful?
She can't grasp that though because i think she is basically anti social and very individualistic?
Speaking on behalf of the collectively downtrodden or marginalised is not her forte she basically has no clue what it really feels like to be excluded? (no matter what she says to the contrary!)
She is young good looking charismatic and has if i like it or not a certain verbose charm and she has very sharp instincts about how to both monopolise attention and how to be in the right place at the right time and who to befriend?
She is what we would call in the north a canny lass and with that conclusion is the assumption that she has made her own way in the world either by stealth or by strategy?
Nothing wrong with that as long as you are honest enough to at least admit it to yourself?
At least then people might have respect for her for using her initiative and being clever in a hard headed way.
Thats the problem though she wants to have her cake and eat it too.
The victim of unfair circumstances and wily nimble heroine outwitting fate with her sleight of hand and also a working mum and a right on campaigner and wide eyed betrayed innocent and fearless keyboard warrior and anything else?
The list is endless....as is her need for fulfilment....although at the same time its sad because she is like a hungry ghost/lost soul never sated wandering around trying on different identities and in the end none of them fit?
So she's a mess and she does not know who she is and yet we are supposed to be modelling ourselves on her? (As she holds herself up as some kind of paragon of virtue).
That is never going to end well for her she just hasn't got a robust enough moral compass and pretending otherwise will just provoke people's antipathy?
If only she had the self awareness to grasp this?

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Not to be weird, but does she have a bath in the RENTED bungalow? Just when she showed her bathroom before (with the eucalyptus leaves that fell down in a breeze and were definitely NOT the same leaves delivered by Arena flowers) I could have sworn it was a shower?

ALSO the bath salts is just the kombucha all over again. She'll bang on about it for a few weeks as she creates every odd concoction under the sun, attempts to mass market it after one go, and then never mention it again.
Definitely has a bath as well as that lovely shower room in that crappy rented bungalow. She's done a few legs-in-the-bath pics *shudder*. Most notably the one where there were lots of expensive, FANCY looking candles but of course when the squiggles commented upon them, they were revealed to be SOMEONE ELSES (Louisa Compton's, or so we're told)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
Hey Hun 💖
Just wanted to let you 👉 know about a great opportunity online 🌐🤔

This no good, 🙅‍♀️ conniving, 🐍tip jar rattling SCHEMER 💸💰🤑 is conning her fans 😱🙀

Join the coven 💪🧙 and help raise awareness of how she mistreats her pets 👯‍♀️🐰 and isn't actually vegan 🍄🥕🫑🌽

Also have you seen 👀 her cutlery drawer? 🍴☠😐

Join today!! You won't earn anything but you'll lose so much of your free time grunking x
That reminded me of the way Jack/Caroline wrote this post :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Squiggle B’s reply was in her “likes”.
Squiggle A’s response is just too perfect...

9564591B-8B9F-4883-8BB7-AA7A772B3FE2.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Thank you to everyone who made such lovely comments about my bunnies. I love them to bits (and I might refer to them as my babies 😳) and I am very passionate about them. They are the UK'S 3rd most popular pet but also the most neglected species. Rabbits are capable of violence as joked about by Jack and her friend but there is usually a valid reason. Hormones, territorial rights and hierarchy are usually to blame and this mirrors what occurs among wild colonies. Neutering is the best remedy for calming the hormones. It also prevents breeding of course which is prudent when there are over 100k bunnies in rescues around the UK. Also rabbits especially females are prone to reproductive cancers, in middle aged females there is a 90% risk of uterine tumours occurring and there is no treatment. Therefore prevention via neutering is the best option.

@Scotty1976 Willow is the grey one and Poppy is the gingery brown one. Anyone who is interested in adopting rabbits is advised to do their research thoroughly (I'm looking at you Jack) and approach a reputable rescue for more advice and help.

Also for Jack 👇

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.