Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I missed the earlier 2020 threads (may need to go back and have a proper grunka one day), so this will no doubt be in there somewhere. May article about the crappy bungalow. THE SIZE OF IT!!
View attachment 401311

Nice shot of the BAFTA there. Moved around quite a bit didn't it, cleverly managing to make it's way into most photoshoots...
...Still, at least that's one less thing cluttering the place up👍🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 43
OT and too BUSY for a grunka... I know Spa Jack has emerged to produce ever so fine bath salts and I am 100% certain it has been picked up here already but but... according to the latest Insta post the 'fam' (is Brexit tin ham'burglar' still in da bungalow?) bungs citrus peels in a RUSTY (salad finger) loaf tin only to blitz them and for the citrus dust to be found in salads later???

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I was eight weeks early and I can't say that's something that's ever come up in my life as a potential issue.

Edit: now staring at my hands (yes frauen, I too have hands 🔺 ) very suspiciously.
Caroline? 🔺

• Haha
Reactions: 42
OT and too BUSY for a grunka... I know Spa Jack has emerged to produce ever so fine bath salts and I am 100% certain it has been picked up here already but but... according to the latest Insta post the 'fam' (is Brexit tin ham'burglar' still in da bungalow?) bungs citrus peels in a RUSTY (salad finger) loaf tin only to blitz them and for the citrus dust to be found in salads later???
You couldn't make it up!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She could make a fortune from Take A Break and other mags like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
'...Nigella's snow filled garden.'
What is it called when you laugh, shudder and eurgh all at the same time?
I just did that.
I think Nigella did too tbh!

That potato curry looks good, and I think I'll probably try it as well. Jack is just a nasty cow being jealous of people genuinely up in her so called niche. Roadside Mum is definitely shading her now. Pity it took showing herself up in front of Chartwells to make her realise what an absolute disaster it is to think Jack cares about anyone but her self. I still remain dubious about her, but there certainly doesn't seem to be the ridiculous winding each other into a froth going on anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Okay I know I'm behind on this, but as a level 700 eczema haver my input is obviously imperative (I joke, this has just weirdly annoyed me), table salt is only recommended to stop eczema stinging when you bathe, if it's cracked etc, it has no anti inflammatory properties like Epsom salt or sea salt does 🙄🙄
Can't say I've ever actually tried table salt in the bath though, seems a waste as I'm sure you meant to use like a cup or two, meaning the piddly amount that would come from the 3p per use, or whatever she says, would be extra pointless.

Reactions: 34
Does anyone use bath salts any more? My aunty used to give me some rose bath cubes every year, despite the fact I was a preteen and also allergic to them.

The cat food ring pulls are from Gourmet Pearl which is 52p for an 85g tin from Asda (£6.12 per kg) while the bog standard Felix I use is 40 * 100g pouches for £9 (£2.25 per kilo).

My moggy eats 2-3 sachets of food a day plus a small amount of dry. Even 2 tins of Pearl would cost £1.04 a day which is more than she would spend a day feeding 3 people for £20.

How many ring pulls can a woman need? There's over 700 a year from the cat food alone!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Ok, I haven't got any eucalyptus or a bay tree. Can I just crush up a packet of salt and vinegar crisps and toss that in the bath water? 😕 I could pop in a couple of tomatoes as well, for the antioxidants. Just the thing for my parched, wintry skin. :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
I use these expensive bath bombs, 29p each in Home and Bargain
535CBD67-93C5-4047-A12B-BD5B3E063D16.jpeg

The cat food ring pulls are from Gourmet Pearl which is 52p for an 85g tin from Asda (£6.12 per kg) while the bog standard Felix I use is 40 * 100g pouches for £9 (£2.25 per kilo).

My moggy eats 2-3 sachets of food a day plus a small amount of dry. Even 2 tins of Pearl would cost £1.04 a day which is more than she would spend a day feeding 3 people for £20.
This is an interesting point, because Cooper is a massive 50% Maine Coon floof so he would easy do two tins per day meaning the cat food spend is upwards of £750 per year. Meanwhile SB gets a yellow sticker ham sandwich and 20 for a quid frozen bollock n eyelid sausages

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
My boy is a small (3.9kg) moggy who is also an indoor cat so not using much energy. My friend's massive outdoor boy can eat 5 pouches in a session if she lets him! It's hard to tell how much floofy cats weigh, some of them look enormous but are actually pretty small under all the fur. The pearl is not even a high quality food, it has the same meat content as Felix but is three times as expensive.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
My boy is a small (3.9kg) moggy who is also an indoor cat so not using much energy. My friend's massive outdoor boy can eat 5 pouches in a session if she lets him! It's hard to tell how much floofy cats weigh, some of them look enormous but are actually pretty small under all the fur. The pearl is not even a high quality food, it has the same meat content as Felix but is three times as expensive.
My two get a tin of Felix or Lidl catfood (twice the size of those ickle little tins) plus a bowl of dry food between them. They are outdoor farm cats, catching their own dietary extras, before coming in at night for food and their warm beds. They also get the Aldi and Lidl equivalent of Dreamies, plus their meat sticks.

Sending cattos 😈:

20201123_195823.jpg

20200628_213037.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Thank you to everyone who made such lovely comments about my bunnies. I love them to bits (and I might refer to them as my babies 😳) and I am very passionate about them. They are the UK'S 3rd most popular pet but also the most neglected species. Rabbits are capable of violence as joked about by Jack and her friend but there is usually a valid reason. Hormones, territorial rights and hierarchy are usually to blame and this mirrors what occurs among wild colonies. Neutering is the best remedy for calming the hormones. It also prevents breeding of course which is prudent when there are over 100k bunnies in rescues around the UK. Also rabbits especially females are prone to reproductive cancers, in middle aged females there is a 90% risk of uterine tumours occurring and there is no treatment. Therefore prevention via neutering is the best option.

@Scotty1976 Willow is the grey one and Poppy is the gingery brown one. Anyone who is interested in adopting rabbits is advised to do their research thoroughly (I'm looking at you Jack) and approach a reputable rescue for more advice and help.

Also for Jack 👇

Again they are absolutely beautiful. I wish people would research a animals requirements and lifestyle before they put their own needs for a wee fluffy pal first. I refer to our pup as our baby 🤗. She's over a year so wasn't a lockdown whim ,I really fear for the amount of pets that will be abandoned by the end of lockdown ☹

Reactions: 36
I was eight weeks early and I can't say that's something that's ever come up in my life as a potential issue.

Edit: now staring at my hands (yes frauen, I too have hands 🔺 ) very suspiciously.
My son was 14 weeks early. I can report his hands are normal too 😅

The bath salts. Oh Jack
She forever starts a new hobby, interest, opinion or narrative & then Instead of cultivating it and honing her skills /knowledge she just over shares immediately.
Its like when a child gets a new toy and has to show everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Why does she keep letting on she gets the eucalyptus from her (rented) garden when we know she's got a never ending supply of it from her Arena flower subscription (gifted?)
I'm in Australia and don't even have a eucalyptus tree in the garden. Never known anyone personally in England to have one either tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.