Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How strange. For me the comments have gone on the sausages but still there for the pastitio. ??
I'm looking at them on my laptop. When I went back to check I see there is a new duck recipe up (not Jack). I am coming over all conspiracy theory here, but do you think they thought- lets get rid of that (comments) and changed their mind?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
*rushes over to see Linda's insta. Comments still up.

Wtf is that! Looks rank,

Wow! That looks deeply unpleasant.

Still up there for all to see.

She has turned off comments on her own insta, though.
Yet another new post on the Linda Instagram page.

No sign of the meatball cement recipe courtesy of Jackie.

Angry vegans still angry (more comments appearing as we speak).

No response from their SM team.

England still in lockdown.

Williamson still unclear on when schools are actually going back.

It is like we are stuck in a space-time continuum of hell.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Comments are still up for me under the sausage abomination. Looks like they've not had the balls to show off the stodgy lump of orzo though 😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I missed the earlier 2020 threads (may need to go back and have a proper grunka one day), so this will no doubt be in there somewhere. May article about the crappy bungalow. THE SIZE OF IT!!
View attachment 401311

Wow really slumming it isn't she? Not!!
Does she refer to it as a crappy bungalow?
If so she is a petulant spoilt brat with zero appreciation of anything?
Unbelievable when in lockdown whole families are squeezed in together like tins of sardines (including myself 6 of us here in a 3 bedroom flat!).
The bungalow looks lovely to me spacious and versatile (comes with its own shed/studio) and i take it there is only her and her son?
That however is not quite enough for our jack...

Its not quite a room of my own she admitted?

Ffs well i'm so sorry Virginia woolf! Yeah we can all see the struggle is so real! :rolleyes:
She really does have the act of humble bragging down to a fine art doesn't she?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Not to be weird, but does she have a bath in the RENTED bungalow? Just when she showed her bathroom before (with the eucalyptus leaves that fell down in a breeze and were definitely NOT the same leaves delivered by Arena flowers) I could have sworn it was a shower?

ALSO the bath salts is just the kombucha all over again. She'll bang on about it for a few weeks as she creates every odd concoction under the sun, attempts to mass market it after one go, and then never mention it again.
She has an upstairs bathroom which is huge and downstairs shower room, which presumably is where the eucalyptus goes.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
It must be awfully traumatic for Jack to write about using butter in recipes considering she is too poor to buy it for herself. Clawing at the floor thinking of the hellish inequality she suffers. Whenever I’m running low, I bang out an article for Vogue and a week later, I’m iiiiiiiiin the butter! 🤑
I was just thinking yesterday, when I was making my dinner, about the whole 'no butter' thing. Apologies to any vegans (hopefully there is a suitable alternative) but butter really is the thing which makes so many dishes taste great. Of course we can't expect Jack to know that, given she doesn't seem to care about silly things like taste.

Reactions: 28
Stand down. Just refreshed my phone. Apologies for premature posting. *hangs head in shame of inaccurate receipt posting*
I love the drama.
This page has become a refuge from real life, and the only online comments that make me laugh.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
You can understand that Jack maybe didn't grow up with the kind of parents who taught her cooking skills, a lot of us don't. You can understand that in her late teens and early 20s when she lived alone, cooking wasn't a priority, plenty of people get ready meals and take always and go out to eat, or are happy eating beans on toast. And that's ok (not necessarily the most healthy or frugal options but you do you). BUT, you'd think that once she started to make a living off the notion she's a "cook", she needs to bloody learn to cook. A lot of the stuff is just basic, and it would even be easier for her to actually have some knowledge. She's had some incredibly opportunities to be around actual chefs, surely she's picked up some basics? At this point, she must actively be trying to not be a "proper chef" because she thinks it lends some relatability? When in reality, a lot of poor people could seriously benefit from some basic skills and nutrition knowledge, she's doing everyone dirty by not taking this opportunity to actually be helpful. Don't tell anyone, but I have a sneaking suspicion she's..... putting it all on.
Winging it big time

Reactions: 21
Wow really slumming it isn't she? Not!!
Does she refer to it as a crappy bungalow?
If so she is a petulant spoilt brat with zero appreciation of anything?
Unbelievable when in lockdown whole families are squeezed in together like tins of sardines (including myself 6 of us here in a 3 bedroom flat!).
The bungalow looks lovely to me spacious and versatile (comes with its own shed/studio) and i take it there is only her and her son?
That however is not quite enough for our jack...

Its not quite a room of my own she admitted?

Ffs well i'm so sorry Virginia woolf! Yeah we can all see the struggle is so real! :rolleyes:
She really does have the act of humble bragging down to a fine art doesn't she?
Yes she called it a "crappy bungalow" in her Sunday Times interview with Marina O'Loughlin. Then later tried to backpedal:
BEBFA610-24D7-4013-B417-267E8BD8572F.jpeg

She has also referred to the bungalow as too small 🙄.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
The essential oils in that bottle will dry up quicker due to the volume of air they are exposed to. Being exposed to sunlight wont help either.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.