Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The brilliantly titled, "The Breakdown." :rolleyes:

No articles from Jack Monroe at the time of writing this post šŸ„“

Oh those bunnies šŸ˜­šŸ°šŸ’•
I thought it was called ā€˜Bouncing Backā€™ but then I remembered thatā€™s Alan Partridge. I do find it difficult to separate Jack from Alan in my head. Delurking to say hello to all you wonderful ninnies!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Does anyone else really like the natural pH balance of their bits so SHANā€™T be salting them?
I started my midwifery training in the 1990's and salt baths after surgery and childbirth was a thing many years before but was old school even then šŸ˜²

And surely table salt would just dissolve and be ~nothing~?

Early thread suggestion - Itchy and scratchy with a side of clementine

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I am now questioning her poverty story/foodbank user. I have worked in this area for many years and even as recently as a few years ago, people had to be given a voucher to be able to access a food bank. There was a limit of 4 per year in my borough.
It is my experience that the last few years has given rise to social supermarkets, other places where people who need it can access food daily.
Now in these covid times, I am seeing locally a huge uptake on food parcels being provided. I am hopeful this is happening all over the country, though I don't have personal knowledge of this.

RSM has been ridden by HIjack all over the show these last few weeks, this is what tipped me over the edge. JM shouting this was HER story, when it very clearly isn't and hasn't been for a very long time. I'd wager her SB has NEVER been on FSM.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
You know when you're a kid and you get a bucket of water, throw all sorts of twigs, leaves and herbs in it, leave it to ferment for a few days and call it perfume? That is the Jack era we are in now.

Other salts you can try in your bath since they're all interchangeable:
Lithium carbonate (don't forget to save the water to make your own lithium batteries afterwards!)
Potassium permanganate (a disinfectant that will stain you purple, swings and roundabouts innit)
Lead nitrate (only a little bit toxic)
Potassium chromate (only a little bit carcinogenic)

There are hundreds of salts out there, the world is your oyster.
Just got a mental image of her throwing a brick of potassium in the bath...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
The bath salts are a preview to her homemade moisturisers - one will be lard based and the other from the oils she saves. Surely the stuffing mix will make a reappearance too in some way.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
You know when you're a kid and you get a bucket of water, throw all sorts of twigs, leaves and herbs in it, leave it to ferment for a few days and call it perfume? That is the Jack era we are in now.
This is just too accurate!l šŸ¤£ Donā€˜t give her more ideas though, I can already picture it. ā€˜ā€œMendaciousā€ - The New Fragrance From Jack Monroeā€™

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
The bath salts are a preview to her homemade moisturisers - one will be lard based and the other from the oils she saves. Surely the stuffing mix will make a reappearance too in some way.
Mmm, anchĆÆoade body butter.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Thank (space) you @People-huv-tae-know for all your bunny knowledge!

I got a bunny as an adult and it was a huge learning curve for me, I still cringe at the cage the pet shop tried to sell to me. I took my little bunny to a rabbit rescue centre for some speed dating and she matched with the first one we tried šŸ„° they bonded instantly and were like a wee old couple. Sadly I had to give them up due to allergies to hay and grass, I persevered for so long but eventually had to admit defeat. It broke my heart but the rescue centre offered to take them and keep them together for adoption. Iā€™d had them for nearly 2 years and were just adorable. Darwin on the left and wee Elphie on the right. Iā€™d be sitting watching tv and theyā€™d jump up to bop noses with me.
E3C0238C-65CF-4C9D-B648-33C4019530C0.jpeg

That Dash is being kept in the garage horrifies and upsets me as well as knowing he wonā€™t be getting fed properly either šŸ¤¬ duck you Jack, you shouldnā€™t be allowed pets. The rabbit does not deserve this.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
I am now questioning her poverty story/foodbank user. I have worked in this area for many years and even as recently as a few years ago, people had to be given a voucher to be able to access a food bank. There was a limit of 4 per year in my borough.
It is my experience that the last few years has given rise to social supermarkets, other places where people who need it can access food daily.
Now in these covid times, I am seeing locally a huge uptake on food parcels being provided. I am hopeful this is happening all over the country, though I don't have personal knowledge of this.

RSM has been ridden by HIjack all over the show these last few weeks, this is what tipped me over the edge. JM shouting this was HER story, when it very clearly isn't and hasn't been for a very long time. I'd wager her SB has NEVER been on FSM.
Totally agree. I too have that kind of working background and sometimes I had to plead the case for people who had had too many parcels ( the standard 4 a year )from the trussell trust as we had to fill out forms to say why they were needed. There was quite a lot do shame involved for people sadly and I just dont think jack would have put herself in that situation to ask for that. The aberdeen one was quite unique at time as it operated a walk in system and no referral. And the one near me now is advertising itself as a community larder to get away from the stigma.
I would bet the first time our Jack stepped into a foodbank was when she was already well known and there as jack munroe poverty campaigner champion of the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
My current theory is that itā€™s all just twisted from tiny nuggets of truth into lies. So perhaps SB asked for more jam and they didnā€™t have any left because sheā€™d not been to the shops or had forgotten it (I mean, weā€™ve all had to say no more milk on your cereal today because we forgot the milk!) but that tale is morphed into she couldnā€™t afford it.

She moved somewhere that had key meters and she had to budget more carefully for that, which turns into the gas co broke in and fitted them.

She took lightbulbs when she left a house, which turns into her second hand lightbulb sales story.

All twisted and changed as appropriate for the audience she wants to tell them too.
I am wondering about the Fire Service story. I have seen her tweets which imply she was a firefighter, but also it seems she was a call handler. I wondered if she could have started off training as a firefighter and transferred to call handling either when she got pregnant or when it was deemed she did not have the physical strength for the firefighters job.
Some way back here someone has posted a quote from someone who alleges that she sued (or threatened to sue) the fire department.

Reactions: 26

Other salts you can try in your bath since they're all interchangeable:
Lithium carbonate (don't forget to save the water to make your own lithium batteries afterwards!)
Potassium permanganate (a disinfectant that will stain you purple, swings and roundabouts innit)
Lead nitrate (only a little bit toxic)
Potassium chromate (only a little bit carcinogenic)

There are hundreds of salts out there, the world is your oyster.
Pot permanent starts a nice purple colour but it rapidly reacts with your skin to go a hideous nicotine brown (I speak from experience)

• Wow
Reactions: 20
I am wondering about the Fire Service story. I have seen her tweets which imply she was a firefighter, but also it seems she was a call handler. I wondered if she could have started off training as a firefighter and transferred to call handling either when she got pregnant or when it was deemed she did not have the physical strength for the firefighters job.
Some way back here someone has posted a quote from someone who alleges that she sued (or threatened to sue) the fire department.
I was having a google to try to work out exactly what she claimed re:FF and found this, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen her claim she was a few months premature herself before. I might be behind on a common claim though. https://www.newstatesman.com/politi...-girl-called-jack-any-more-i-m-not-boy-either

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 17
0E814C76-0A06-42B3-8B97-96ADBC26C93C.jpeg

Sheā€™s made a tit out of herself with the salt bath so sheā€™s picking fights with day old tweets.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
All this. And the sad Christmas was 2011, whenever she actually published it, as she blogged about going to her parents for Xmas 2012.
Which, considering that she only resigned from the Fire Brigade in November 2011, having split up with her partner and house in October, means that she had no savings and had gone through her last pay (Ā£27,000 salary, mind) like water.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.