Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So apparently the table salt variety is heavily processed to make it fine, on the way it loses most of the minerals you would want in a salt bath, like the magnesium.
Sea salt retains more of these minerals, so sea salt would be preferable than table salt.
Even better would be fecking bath salts.
Surely to actual duck people aren’t seriously thinking that table salt is good to put in your bath? I mean, if it’s heavily soiled with hair dye or rabbit tit or something else then, technically, the salt could be useful in cleaning said bath....but to actually ADVISE thousands of people to actually bathe in processed, mineral bereft, old citrusy marinated TABLE SALT is nuts. Who the actual hell is buying this? I despair.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
Isn't it Pontius, not Pontious , but, duck, what would I know, having never been a Sunday school teacher.
I can’t Believe she made a pirate arr joke about the man (who’s name dosn't really sound like a pirate, more a Pilot) and who also you know, put the lord Jesus to death. If you’re into that sort of religion.

Reactions: 23
If things get changed for the better and you get help, why would you care if it was you or Marcus Rashford who arranged it? I'm confused. Surely the point is fixing the problem?

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Never mind the salt, I’m just relieved/amazed that she’s not advocating adding plenty of black pepper to baths.

• Haha
Reactions: 75
God, she's makes me cringe table salt in the bath ought not to be tempted.

Honestly for someone who's apparently clued up, done everything and lived through it all. She's bleeping clueless.

Reactions: 32
If things get changed for the better and you get help, why would you care if it was you or Marcus Rashford who arranged it? I'm confused. Surely the point is fixing the problem?
Good point - surely you would just be grateful someone with a bit of clout is speaking up for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Yes, absolutely.

Sorry, couldn’t resist! I do completely agree. I also think both Roadside and Jack need to be very careful as the pair of them have edged close to criticising Marcus Rashford for “getting in their niches” numerous times. I don’t think either of them are equipped for the amount of backlash they might get from that if the wrong person picks it up.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Agreed - can’t help but wonder if Jack has helped whip up this resentment to the ruling classes (the MPs on an £80k p/a salary, earning less than Jack but still too much 😤) and MR yet completely skimming over he fact Jack cleaned up a few grands worth of media appearances out of it. And for most people those types of media appearances generate subsequent work.

Jack completely sabotaged RSM with this one and she’s oblivious to it, sadly.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
duck's Sake, Squiggle.

Whilst you're at it, why not reword the entire rambling paragraph?

This sort of unnecessary verbiage and mangling of metaphor is exactly what Johnson does. It obfuscates, misdirects and, frankly, excludes both those who don't necessarily understand what the everlasting duck the speaker is going on about and those who just don't have time for that wordwang when there's tit to get done.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I think it was 'all about the childten:, until the attention fell away, and now it's Silencing the poor.

Although Roadside mum is yet to explain why she should be the self elected voice of the poor, over all those other people who shared images of fsm parcels. We also
need to hear the voices of the less articulate, or are their experiences of poverty less relevant?

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I think it was 'all about the childten:, until the attention fell away, and now it's Silencing the poor.

Although Roadside mum is yet to explain why she should be the self elected voice of the poor, over all those other people who shared images of fsm parcels. We also
need to hear the voices of the less articulate, or is their experiences of poverty less relevant?
According to JM and RSM, being a belled on social media is the only qualification you need to be the voice of the poor...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Why does she keep letting on she gets the eucalyptus from her (rented) garden when we know she's got a never ending supply of it from her Arena flower subscription (gifted?)

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I think rsm is just hoping to get famous off the back of the fsm fiasco and thought jack was going to help her get there.

Reactions: 33
View attachment 401040

🤦‍♀️

View attachment 401042

The return of the greater spotted "yes absolutely".
Jack, you say "salt is salt is salt", but is it though?

Not according to your multi millionaire chef ex fiancé Allegra. Who do I believe? An overblown blogger that has outgrown her usefulness, or a successful businesswoman with a chain of restaurants? How many different sorts did she have? Pretty sure it was more than one.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Losing my mind at 'secured with an elastic band from the pavement'. I find money on the floor more often than an elastic band and guess which one I'd be more likely to pick up!?
Depends how tidy your postman is, we don't have them as our postie doesn't drop them.

Jack may well find that the disinfectant will rot the rubber

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Maybe the Govt want to speak to MR because he is constructive and calm. And has real influence. People from all walks of life love football. Why wouldn't the Govt chose to engage with the person with the biggest sphere of influence? They want to be permanently outraged with no grounds.

I am middle management in financial services. I would love to give Rishi Sunak some of my amazing ideas about the economy, but chances are he would rather speak to the CEO of Barclay's. Should I be outraged? But but but, I have opinions?!? What do you mean they are just as valid as everyone else's?!? Do you mean I aren't special? Me?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
I hate to say it but I think RSM is an arse.... another one who moans about what is offered (I don't mean specifically the chart wells parcels which were crap) and refuses to see the positives .... nothing ever good enough for some people! ALSO just because YOU wouldn't use coconut milk, doesn't mean it isn't handed out/asked for in plenty other deprived areas! the Bradford food banks I think have it on their lists..

I just keep thinking I wouldn't want that mixture sloshing around my m*nge! asking for a UTI to something...
I googled it and the first thing that came up was for treating thrush. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Well RSM could have been invited if she had put the work in. Marcus didn’t tweet then get invited in to the Dept for Education less than a week later, did he?
Marcus didn’t start making digs at people on twitter within under a week, did he?
I mean RSM was probably in a really good position to get involved with Marcus, if her and her pathetic mate hadn’t started acting like the year 9 political society. Next week- red paint on Boots in town, they do animal testing (they don’t)

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.