Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Attempting to get a diagnosis some way or another myself at the moment, after a very frustrating and ultimately failed attempt a few years ago (the local mental health provisions are bordering on offensive). The way Jack treats ADHD as some sort of adorable frivolous issue really does my head in, I barely feel like an adult some days. It's reassuring to see people DO eventually get help as an adult though.
Having being medicated for 'Hyperactivity' as a child and my very old Dr finally digitising his patient records making them easily searchable was my absolute saving.
Proved I wasn't just 'over-reacting'.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm clenching my hole at all the book tweets tonight. How are her agent and publisher not embarrassed? It couldn't be more obvious that she's, yet again, left things until the last minute because she was too busy hoovering up attention on Twitter to do any of the work she actually gets paid for. And now we have all this performative, night-before-a-project's-due angling for another deadline.

Also, looking at one of the "new" recipes, it's nice to see her branching out into new territory: beans, stock and pasta.

Same slop, different book.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I made carrot soup for tea (with onions, lentils, cumin, chilli and milk).
I think she’s spent more time thinking of the name than that non- recipe.
I'm fairly sure at this point, someone could write out one of her own recipes from an old book and she wouldn't notice
She would remember the name of one of her old recipes and the story attached. The ingredients, not so much.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
☆catching up☆ please someone explain to me in black and white terminology (PPD/BPD diagnosed) why it's such a problem if someone reads something here and it occurs somewhere else online? It's the Internet. How are you going to police it and why?
Lads, I'm catching up here and there and snort and hoot and fling lungs out at the most inopportune moments but.my nearest and dearest just look at me and go "Tattle again"? 🙄😂
Thankyou, duck off x
How dare 🥕 correct thankyou, bleeping cheek!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
This is the preview for her GA, in the last 2 days she’s been in two articles, 1 of them is about a made up JM 😂 Considering we’re on a thread a day very clearly tattle is not coming up in these!

View attachment 395065
In an alternate universe where our JM is a comic book character and the marvel comics "jack monroe" is an influencer...

"Captain America's most tragic partner" would be a great thread title

I know I'm way too early but just wanted to put it out there in case I forget. I was thinking for this years Sloppies we could invite Jack via her long suffering agent to nominate her Top 5 funniest Tattle Alerts of 2021 and we could vote on the overall winner. She's such a great sport with a wonderful sense of humour who loves a laugh at herself so I think she might go for it.
I lie awake at night, horrified about how much material we're going to have for next year's sloppies, based on just the last 6 weeks.

Have mercy on me Jack. 💀😐

Also, if this makes the Google alert in half an hour... Wash your nails. That is all for today.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
So that's tomorrow with the Pritt Stick then 9 days with your feet up.

View attachment 396062
But then she'd have to post it to them - and we already know the front door of the agent is about as passable as the Morannon/Black Gate of Mordor, never mind the days in the desolation of the Dead Marshes from Just-Behind-the-Tennis-Club to The-Post-Office.

This would be, I fear, a Quest Too Far.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I was anorexic in my 20s and still, occasionally, get triggered byi it now. I don’t set alarms to eat, either I eat or I don't . AND if anorexic and going through that particular trauma, you are NOT going to remind yourself to eat because you don’t actually WANT to. Unless youve had a significant amount of therapy you are not going to obey an eating alarm. She is the bigggest, most vile, stupid twit that EVER walked on this earth. Why cant she just shut the duck up? She is not a therapist, she is not an expert.
It's something that never really goes away, even if you end up getting therapy/taking meds. There's always a faded little voice in the back of your mind that sometimes gains a bit of control, and you do silly things like throwing away leftovers so you don't eat them, or going without food if the only option is a previous 'trigger food'. If she's going to cosplay something, she might at least do some bloody research!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The recipe for (bon)(f)ire soup
300g carrots
750ml veg stock
50g ginger
2tbsp Tom puree

Yum, orange coloured gingery slop.
No onion or garlic?

occasionally I have made a soup when on a budget and have had to leave vital ingredients out and replace with what is in the cupboard....but this doesn’t seem like this is what has happened. I find it more likely that someone would have an onion than ginger.
She just has thrown stuff together and people will buy the stuff. The soup would probably be nice with garlic or onion instead of tomato purée for example. Similar to one I occasionally make with carrot and ginger except I use nice onion, garlic, fresh chilli, ginger(not sure if 50g but I doubt it) carrots and a little drizzle of honey.

Jack- feel free to DM me and I can give you the full recipe and u can include a credit and a nominal fee to the charity of my choosing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
But then she'd have to post it to them - and we already know the front door of the agent is about as passable as the Morannon/Black Gate of Mordor, never mind the days in the desolation of the Dead Marshes from Just-Behind-the-Tennis-Club to The-Post-Office.

And don’t forget, the post office called her and requested she refrained from posting parcels. There are just too many obstacles!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Quelle surprise she's pulling out the ADHD excuse again. She mentioned it on the podcast actually because of course she bleeping did. Said she was diagnosed with SEVERE adult ADHD which is now treated with medication when she remembers to take it. Maybe I'm being stupid but since she can apparently set an alarm to remind her to eat, could she not just set a daily alarm to take her tablets?

Wait, what am I thinking? That would be A SENSIBLE SOLUTION. Give me strength.
I’m on the waiting list for an ADHD assessment next month and it’s people (let’s be honest, middle class women) like Jack who claim to have ADHD that have put me off from getting tested for so long because I’m worried about looking like I’m trying to make excuses for character flaws or laziness, rather than the fact that I can really struggle with executive functions when I have a professional job and need to carry on the facade that I’m doing fine. If I do get diagnosed I don’t imagine I’ll share the information with many people, I just want some help to improve my focus and organisation because the stress of not being able to focus when you really want to can be unbearable. It’s not cute, it’s not quirky, it’s holding me back and it’s very detrimental to my mental health

• Heart
Reactions: 50
And don’t forget, the post office called her and requested she refrained from posting parcels. There are just too many obstacles!
When I was really young, back in the day where almost everywhere had their local post office, our local post office woman was the type of person who sighed over literally every task... I do sometimes wonder if when that branch closed she relocated to Southend...

(only unfortunately she was about 70 back then so I assume long dead now)

• Haha
Reactions: 29
tit, I missed this off my "bullies" post earlier.

the bullies who are just so vile (a very overused word imo) that she came and joined in for hours! the bullies that are mostly left-leaning, intelligent young-ish women who used to admire her, who she thought she could win round in the end.

also, there was a very intelligent sounding squiggle replying to the snitch-tag tweet earlier who made some very good points to the snitch-tagger. unfortunately, then a Known Troll showed up 😐

anyway, it's thunderclap time! whoo hoo!
Yikes, we have a Troll?

• Wow
Reactions: 8

Oh, it's a conundrum isn't it? What a pickle.
Sitting by candlelight hunched over a Nokia 3310 suddenly seems like a halcyon dream.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
You’re certainly a box ticking exercise. And there we go with the excuses...right on cue as she’s got bored & would rather piss about on Twitter.
ETA-has the unthinkable happened? Has Jack even become bored of her sodding ‘origin story (some would say fantasy)’?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
i'm currently grunkaing on page 36 and i REALLY hope that the thread eventually moves on from fish and sausage fat oil because i don't want that to be the last thing i think about before i go to sleep tonight. God damn it Jack 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.