Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Squiggled them! HAHAHA! Nice.
Apparently you can't just bandy about the internet putting other peoples pictures up willy-nilly. But, it turns out that you can get get some solid gold legal advice about just this sort of thing if you ask the right questions on a certain *social media website.

*Obviously not one full of hateful, bullying shitbags.

Poor bloody postman, she thinks he's lovingly inhaling the aromas - he's just taking in as much fresh air as he can before she opens the door, so he can hold his breath while she signs for her parcel.
This is how the gifted Sophie Conran set got broken. I imagine if you get a good enough run up you could lob any delivery up the driveway (avoiding the skip, obvs).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Whose money is she promising here? Her own? Her publisher’s (if so, I bet she not bothered to run this past them first)?
She has 10 days to her deadline. And basically is asking people to write her book for her.
She did exactly the same with the (now doomed, it would appear) poverty book.
Her publishers must be a bit pissed off at how little effort she puts in.

Reactions: 46
Hello, it’s the weekend. Just 3 more days of the kids being in quarantine.

I reckon the gas meter was in the porch with the stained glass windows and she ignored all the letters.

She so needs to get a normal job with regular pay and PAYE. It hurts my head when I’m all the stories she always seems to suddenly notice the lack of food/ money at meal times.

The empty butter dish is ridiculous- what does butter cost? It’s about a pound here. Like she could have put a year worth of butter in the freezer instead of posting those chocolates when she got that payment just before Christmas.

Reactions: 38
She says the next book is a sort of Mrs Beeton/Mrs Hinch combo. Riding the wave of the instahun cleaning fad? As always, she’s a bit late to the party for that.

Looks like she is going to present herself as an eco-anti Mrs Hinch in this next book. Mrs Eco-Slop, the bicarb and lemon juice queen.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
She says the next book is a sort of Mrs Beeton/Mrs Hinch combo. Riding the wave of the instahun cleaning fad? As always, she’s a bit late to the party for that.

Looks like she is going to present herself as an eco-anti Mrs Hinch in this next book. Mrs Eco-Slop, the bicarb and lemon juice queen.
I think the middle of a pandemic is a terrible time for dicking around with experimental cleaning products or pricking about saying not to use 'chemicals'- EVERYTHING IS MADE OF CHEMICALS M8. Wash your hands with soap, clean things with bleach (or something else with evidence based research) and you can mess about with unlabelled glass jars once people aren't dying of Covid every day.

Who wants to take cleaning advice from such a grubby person anyway. I did spend ages looking at rag rugs yesterday, and even tried to traingulate the triangle box thing in the rag rug picture. Like Dr Frankenstein, I will now resume these important studies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Who wants to take cleaning advice from such a grubby person anyway. I did spend ages looking at rag rugs yesterday, and even tried to traingulate the triangle box thing in the rag rug picture. Like Dr Frankenstein, I will now resume these important studies.
Also, and apologies to any cabal who may suffer it, but a hoarder too. You simply cannot keep that much *stuff* clean, especially with her long, long, longest evertwitter sessions work days.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I think the middle of a pandemic is a terrible time for dicking around with experimental cleaning products or pricking about saying not to use 'chemicals'- EVERYTHING IS MADE OF CHEMICALS M8. Wash your hands with soap, clean things with bleach (or something else with evidence based research) and you can mess about with unlabelled glass jars once people aren't dying of Covid every day.

Absolutely. A bit of bicarb isn’t going to zap the virus.

As someone who’s had the virus and had to supervise the deep-clean of a workplace, I’ve bloody lived this. PHE insist that cleaning products used meet certain standards of efficacy (BS 14476 if anyone is interested). That’s the anti-viral one.

Mrs Hinch’s beloved Zoflora meets that standard - your house will smell like your granny’s but a wipe down with that will ensure your door handles are virus free. A squirt of lemon juice will not.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
View attachment 396275View attachment 396276View attachment 396277View attachment 396278
There were a few deletions too but I didn’t catch them, at least 2. Maybe @Marmalade Atkins did.
It must be quite the juggling act - trying to pretend that she's both so scatter-brained and disorganised yet an ADHD inspired maverick who's on the cusp of missing a deadline one minute, whilst simultaneously trying to insist that actually, she's so prolific, thorough and well organised that she's writing 2 books at the same time. It's almost as if she was caught off guard, just a tiny a little bit, by being reminded of previously made claims of make-believe books she's bullshitted about in the past...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Bling Empire? Completed it last week, mate. Not sure why it’s such a “guilty pleasure” I love that style of scripted reality!

That and the vegan uprising...
Isn’t “scripted reality” Jack’s forte?

Unreal Housefrau of Southend.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.