Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The lack of professionalism here has really wound me up. I know some people work best to a tight deadline but I can’t believe that it’s good to publicise it this way. It looks so bad. Why is she doing this? Does she think it’s quirky and cute?
Yes I think that is it. She thinks she is oh so kerr-azy and cute. A maverick some might say.

She is a 32 year old with countless opportunities to act like a professional grown up but she chooses to be an inept twit instead. And that ain't down to her supposed ADHD.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
The lack of professionalism here has really wound me up. I know some people work best to a tight deadline but I can’t believe that it’s good to publicise it this way. It looks so bad. Why is she doing this? Does she think it’s quirky and cute?
'You too could be the proud owner of a book populated entirely with random tit I hoiked out of drawers at the last minute and padded out with the Twitter equivalent of Reader's Handy Tips from Take a Break. Only £15.99 to you (and about twenty grand to meeeeeeeeee - ha, ha, aren't I clever and you are all so stupid as to think that I actually work at this tit!'

This approach clearly didn't work for your GCSEs, so why do you think it'll work for your actual 'job'?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I’m aware of the botulism risks from making your own garlic oil, however I’m pretty sure that the shop bought versions have been treated. (I could be wrong. She is really giving guff advice about storing them all in the fridge for ages and filtering etc when realistically you buy a jar of sundried tomatoes and use up then a little bit of oil u can us in chilli or Bolognese etc. Why go to all the nonsense about filtering in kitchen roll. Just keep the jar in fridge and use up. So complicated!
And how much kitchen roll would you use? At what cost? Surely fresh oil is cheaper/nicer? 🤮

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Going back a bit but was just wondering - why don't we ever see the rabbit?? She's always going on about floofs/cattos/doggos etc but we never, ever see photos posted of it. Seems odd as she's always posting photos of Cooper 😕. What is it even called? 🤷

• Sad
Reactions: 43
I almost crossed over there...... except my work is pretty identifiable from my Twitter but the actual cheek of asking people to write her book for her.

ETA: and now the jokes about her tax return. She has a bleeping brass neck to complain about any Tory when she would clearly not do her returns if she could get away with it. I feel like training for a new career as an HMRC investigator
HMRC check the papers and public records which includes social media and Twitter - so she should beware of talking about her taxes online

Reactions: 34
'You too could be the proud owner of a book populated entirely with random tit I hoiked out of drawers at the last minute and padded out with the Twitter equivalent of Reader's Handy Tips from Take a Break. Only £15.99 to you (and about twenty grand to meeeeeeeeee - ha, ha, aren't I clever and you are all so stupid as to think that I actually work at this tit!'

This approach clearly didn't work for your GCSEs, so why do you think it'll work for your actual 'job'?
One of those pieces of paper is just a list of HER OWN slow cooker recipes that have already been published, and is therefore useless. The list she put together when she was procrastinating over the last book. With her special pens THAT NOBODY SHALL TOUCH OKAY.

• Haha
Going back a bit but was just wondering - why don't we ever see the rabbit?? She's always going on about floofs/cattos/doggos etc but we never, ever see photos posted of it. Seems odd as she's always posting photos of Cooper 😕. What is it even called? 🤷
Hasenpfeffer?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

iirc, she said recently-ish that the bunny is called Dash. I hope they get time out of the garage to run about the massive garden, poor bugger

Reactions: 24
Green rice with brown lentils sounds particularly, brown.

30g of spinach. Nice portioning there. It isn’t like spinach retains it’s volume when cooked or anything.

I am bored with commenting on her portion sizes.

Back to Bling Empire (please don’t judge, the ironing pile is growing again 😢).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Quelle surprise she's pulling out the ADHD excuse again. She mentioned it on the podcast actually because of course she bleeping did. Said she was diagnosed with SEVERE adult ADHD which is now treated with medication when she remembers to take it. Maybe I'm being stupid but since she can apparently set an alarm to remind her to eat, could she not just set a daily alarm to take her tablets?

Wait, what am I thinking? That would be A SENSIBLE SOLUTION. Give me strength.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
I'm actually really annoyed about the book thing. A cookery book is supposed to have a theme of sorts which defines the recipes. Like tin can cook was bad but it stuck to the idea of tins (sort of, one recipe involved rinsing beans and making a new sauce for them which I'm now suspicious was repackaged from a completely unrelated to tins recipe).

But if she's digging up faded old recipe cards to put in this book then there has been no idea the book germinated around, no testing or tweaking of recipes to fit the idea, its just a churned out contract fulfiller thrown together out of whatever the duck she found lying around.

• Heart
I have some kind of issue with condiments, they make me feel sick. Jack’s oil-processing hell makes me feel extra unwell. All kinds of second-hand no end date, no provenance oils, potentially fishy or garlicky 🤢
I just know her house is minty

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I have some kind of issue with condiments, they make me feel sick. Jack’s oil-processing hell makes me feel extra unwell. All kinds of second-hand no end date, no provenance oils, potentially fishy or garlicky 🤢
Not minty fresh tho’

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
I love condiments and I still hate the thought of inhaling in the crappy bungalow!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
But not too long before its 99p on Kindle. Tin Can Cook published May 2019. Was available for some time recently at that price. Her Year in 120 recipes currently for sale . Should Vegan-ish appear at that price, I'll bite.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.