Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unfortunately I
A) used my carrots today
B) don’t have any fresh ginger (I presume she means fresh, but she really should specify in the recipe otherwise BAD things will happen)
C) can’t be arsed ( too busy ironing watching Bling Empire)
D) don’t want to waste tomato purée on a tit soup

otherwise I would attempt it.
My tongue is shrivelling at the thought; your health deserves better than this one!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Jack as usual has taken up a very maverick and bold stance on a contraversial topic - she is not a fan of war. AT ALL.
Massive pacifist - but she is a fan of the history of frugality in food.
(It is actually impossible to read that without hearing Alan Partridge).
I wonder if the Siegfried Sassoon of Southend could be persuaded to solemnly read out the lyrics to The War Song by Culture Club, doing her special nervous voice at the chorus.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I dunno about you lot but I’m absolutely kicking myself for not signing up to her higer tier patron for which you get actual handwritten recipes. I mean look at this masterpiece, complete with grease smears. 👌
Ginger, carrots, veg stock and tomato purée. Groundbreaking stuff right here. Which one of us hateful creatures is going to take one for the team and buy this gloriously tit book then?

we need to create a Jack bingo for the intro

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
You’re certainly a box ticking exercise. And there we go with the excuses...right on cue as she’s got bored & would rather piss about on Twitter.
ETA-has the unthinkable happened? Has Jack even become bored of her sodding ‘origin story (some would say fantasy)’?
perhaps she's lost her sense of purpose after finally locating the world's tiniest most microscopic violin. what now?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I feel it would carry heavy serial killer vibes instead of appearing whimsical and DIY

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I love condiments and I still hate the thought of inhaling in the crappy bungalow!
Poor bloody postman, she thinks he's lovingly inhaling the aromas - he's just taking in as much fresh air as he can before she opens the door, so he can hold his breath while she signs for her parcel.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.