Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quelle surprise she's pulling out the ADHD excuse again. She mentioned it on the podcast actually because of course she bleeping did. Said she was diagnosed with SEVERE adult ADHD which is now treated with medication when she remembers to take it. Maybe I'm being stupid but since she can apparently set an alarm to remind her to eat, could she not just set a daily alarm to take her tablets?

Wait, what am I thinking? That would be A SENSIBLE SOLUTION. Give me strength.
I was properly diagnosed as an adult. It took SO long and was actually a real struggle to be taken seriously, for SO long.
You don't just 'forget' to take a medication that has been a battle to get prescribed.
duck her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
The recipe for (bon)(f)ire soup
300g carrots
750ml veg stock
50g ginger
2tbsp Tom puree

Yum, orange coloured gingery slop.
Unfortunately I
A) used my carrots today
B) don’t have any fresh ginger (I presume she means fresh, but she really should specify in the recipe otherwise BAD things will happen)
C) can’t be arsed ( too busy ironing watching Bling Empire)
D) don’t want to waste tomato purée on a tit soup

otherwise I would attempt it.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Going back a bit but was just wondering - why don't we ever see the rabbit?? She's always going on about floofs/cattos/doggos etc but we never, ever see photos posted of it. Seems odd as she's always posting photos of Cooper 😕. What is it even called? 🤷
The rabbit is called Dash. There are few photos because going out to the cold dark garage is too much effort.

• Sad
Reactions: 39
Correctme if I'm wrong
Going back a bit but was just wondering - why don't we ever see the rabbit?? She's always going on about floofs/cattos/doggos etc but we never, ever see photos posted of it. Seems odd as she's always posting photos of Cooper 😕. What is it even called? 🤷
Rabbito.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I'm actually really annoyed about the book thing. A cookery book is supposed to have a theme of sorts which defines the recipes. Like tin can cook was bad but it stuck to the idea of tins (sort of, one recipe involved rinsing beans and making a new sauce for them which I'm now suspicious was repackaged from a completely unrelated to tins recipe).

But if she's digging up faded old recipe cards to put in this book then there has been no idea the book germinated around, no testing or tweaking of recipes to fit the idea, its just a churned out contract fulfiller thrown together out of whatever the duck she found lying around.

Of course there's a theme.

Any old tit Will Do.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Green rice with brown lentils sounds particularly, brown.

30g of spinach. Nice portioning there. It isn’t like spinach retains it’s volume when cooked or anything.

I am bored with commenting on her portion sizes.

Back to Bling Empire (please don’t judge, the ironing pile is growing again 😢).
These new recipes sound just as unappealing as her older ones. I finished watching Bling Empire today, I bloody loved it for all its ridiculousness, especially Anna.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Unfortunately I
A) used my carrots today
B) don’t have any fresh ginger (I presume she means fresh, but she really should specify in the recipe otherwise BAD things will happen)
C) can’t be arsed ( too busy ironing watching Bling Empire)
D) don’t want to waste tomato purée on a tit soup

otherwise I would attempt it.
I made carrot soup for tea (with onions, lentils, cumin, chilli and milk).
I think she’s spent more time thinking of the name than that non- recipe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
But not too long before its 99p on Kindle. Tin Can Cook published May 2019. Was available for some time recently at that price. Her Year in 120 recipes currently for sale . Should Vegan-ish appear at that price, I'll bite.
Trust me, don’t. It’s tit. Go for east by meera sodha or bosh or anything but that pile o crap.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Bling Empire? Completed it last week, mate. Not sure why it’s such a “guilty pleasure” I love that style of scripted reality!

That and the vegan uprising...

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Trust me, don’t. It’s tit. Go for east by meera sodha or bosh or anything but that pile o crap.
I sidled up to it on a bookshelf once and was not impressed, But still, 99p and its mine. Will look out for books by Meera Sodha.

• Haha
I was properly diagnosed as an adult. It took SO long and was actually a real struggle to be taken seriously, for SO long.
You don't just 'forget' to take a medication that has been a battle to get prescribed.
duck her.
Attempting to get a diagnosis some way or another myself at the moment, after a very frustrating and ultimately failed attempt a few years ago (the local mental health provisions are bordering on offensive). The way Jack treats ADHD as some sort of adorable frivolous issue really does my head in, I barely feel like an adult some days. It's reassuring to see people DO eventually get help as an adult though.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
But not too long before its 99p on Kindle. Tin Can Cook published May 2019. Was available for some time recently at that price. Her Year in 120 recipes currently for sale . Should Vegan-ish appear at that price, I'll bite.
It's so bad, you can't even get it on the Bay.

There's one user who has uploaded thousands of cookbooks, including the random back of the charity shop type ones and a load of popular food writers/vegan books/the first couple of books, but even they haven't bothered when there are gems such as Stock Your Crock and How To Write your Memoir In 30 Days they could risk everything to share with the world for free.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Bling Empire? Completed it last week, mate. Not sure why it’s such a “guilty pleasure” I love that style of scripted reality!

That and the vegan uprising...
Now I feel guilty for making it out to be a guilty pleasure. 🤐

Jack man, she really knows how to make you tie yourself in knots.

• Haha
We know she TikToks now so I’m expecting at least a third of the book she wants frugal tips for to be the various viral hacks that have gone round (including the wrap thing as she’ll forget she dissed it).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.