Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Value range prices and product eliminations 2012-2021.
The Poverty
Invisible Twitter abuse.
She's willing to pay for interviews and longer pieces. I might throw my hat in the ring.
be interesting to find out how much she pays?

Those agents are never going to be able to get through the front door due to the mountains of free shite, books and shopping trollies that are piled up outside.

It'll be like this.

View attachment 395941

ETA: Green Rice. Cook Rice, add spinach, add herbs, add bottled lemon chuck into compost. That'll be a three page entry to make up the word count.
They may be working from home, but there is no way that they are not dealing with post/deliveries? What a plum 🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
The cheek of her asking others to do her job. Watch this space though - 10 days until deadline - place your bets now!
Surely her adoring squigs should now wise up to the utter contempt she shows them. She knows they, bafflingly, will show her unquestioning support and buy any book she produces. Does she feel no shame at this pisspoor effort? Not even attempting to hide the fact she has done precisely duck all towards it. She should've been working on it diligently for MONTHS to show respect to her public. She has fannied around for months on twitter and now seems to think it is cute, amusing and acceptable she is asking a bunch of randoms on the Internet for ideas and tips. Presumably with no time or inclination to actually test these tips and ideas. Certainly not how effective or safe they are longterm.
'Dear Jack please include my invaluable tip. I find a cheap and cheerful mixture of kerosene and petrol keeps my gas hob sparkling and squeaky clean. In keeping with your theme my gran swore by it in the war before their house unfortunately must have been hit by a stray bomb and burned down so I know it works. Keep up the good work Jack. You deserve a medal! '

Honestly can you literally think of any author, any, who basically says' I can't be arsed to write this book, you suckers do it for me and I'll keep the money'.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
As a huge MM fan who has read many biographies etc... What is the point of her latest post? Does she think people honestly don't know that MM used to look quite different in her youth? Bizarre.

As someone who calls herself a writer (not a chef!) I am baffled by her use of..........

If you wish to trail off for dramatic effect it is three dots, called, I believe, an ellipsis. I find several dots grating, but I suppose that's because of my forensic attention to detail. Disappointingly this isn't a quirky aspect of personality caused by ADHD, autism or OCD. It's because I like things to be well written.
I find it bizarre that she’s never seen that photo before - I’m no hardcore Marilyn fan but even I’ve seen this picture years ago. The poor woman went through so much in her short life and even in death wasn’t respected (where she is entombed she has a man facing down above her and a man to the side facing her - effing vile). How can you obviously use her surname to create your new name and not know much about her? Anyhoo sorry off topic - I just hate all these supposed fans who don’t actually know anything about the person.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Oh shut up.Either write the damn book or admit failure. Seriously, if I made those excuses for not doing my job, I’d be grovelling to the DWP
Why doesn't she just buy a second hand copy of the readers digest top tips book and rehash those

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Absolutely. A bit of bicarb isn’t going to zap the virus.

As someone who’s had the virus and had to supervise the deep-clean of a workplace, I’ve bloody lived this. PHE insist that cleaning products used meet certain standards of efficacy (BS 14476 if anyone is interested). That’s the anti-viral one.

Mrs Hinch’s beloved Zoflora meets that standard - your house will smell like your granny’s but a wipe down with that will ensure your door handles are virus free. A squirt of lemon juice will not.
Zoflora does come in different 'flavours' not all are grannied, but I have been thankful for it and it’s not hugely expensive, especially when on offer

• Heart
Reactions: 23
It's so bad, you can't even get it on the Bay.

There's one user who has uploaded thousands of cookbooks, including the random back of the charity shop type ones and a load of popular food writers/vegan books/the first couple of books, but even they haven't bothered when there are gems such as Stock Your Crock and How To Write your Memoir In 30 Days they could risk everything to share with the world for free.
Who is that please?

Reactions: 4
How dare she ask people to write her book for her and say she’ll only pay a “nominal fee” when she was pimping out someone else’s story last week and demanding the highest possible fee.

How do the dumbass squiggles not SEE this????

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
In terms of morality this isn’t the worst thing she’s done, but definitely in terms of career trying to write a book in ten days is pretty shockingly tit? How is her anxiety not through the roof?!

This could be the only thing that would get a normal Frau clutching at the floor glutterly howling to the moon for help???

Reactions: 37
Zoflora does come in different 'flavours' not all are grannied, but I have been thankful for it and it’s not hugely expensive, especially when on offer
I know - despite my snarky comment, I am a fan too. 🙂

My mum used it years ago - she liked the floral ones but I like the cinnamon/winter whiffs.

• Heart
But but but wtf is she playing at with the 'pouring old oil into jars' business. Is it because she is so impoverished? #vomit

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Absolutely. A bit of bicarb isn’t going to zap the virus.

As someone who’s had the virus and had to supervise the deep-clean of a workplace, I’ve bloody lived this. PHE insist that cleaning products used meet certain standards of efficacy (BS 14476 if anyone is interested). That’s the anti-viral one.

Mrs Hinch’s beloved Zoflora meets that standard - your house will smell like your granny’s but a wipe down with that will ensure your door handles are virus free. A squirt of lemon juice will not.
DO NOT COME FOR MY BELOVED ZOFLORA. I always have a lovely new seasonal one. I’m still using Winter Morning now that Sparkling Spruce is over.

• Heart
  • Haha
I find it bizarre that she’s never seen that photo before - I’m no hardcore Marilyn fan but even I’ve seen this picture years ago. The poor woman went through so much in her short life and even in death wasn’t respected (where she is entombed she has a man facing down above her and a man to the side facing her - effing vile). How can you obviously use her surname to create your new name and not know much about her? Anyhoo sorry off topic - I just hate all these supposed fans who don’t actually know anything about the person.
Jack took her surname from her mother's side of the family. Nothing to do with Marilyn. However, her hot takes on Marilyn and her photo evidence are only 60 odd years too late.
#fingeronthepulse

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Jack took her surname from her mother's side of the family. Nothing to do with Marilyn. However, her hot takes on Marilyn and her photo evidence are only 60 odd years too late.
#fingeronthepulse
I seeeeee. Jealous she has a cool name in her family. Mine are just ethels and smiths.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yikes, we have a Troll?

yeah, there's a couple who knock about under dissenting tweets.

regular reminder cos there's quite a few newbies and lurkers here -- if you read or post here, keep *everything* here please

• Heart
Maybe all those mystery ingredients from the last 6 months will make it into the book?

Wafer-thin chicken and milk carbonara
Rotting chicken livers à la grecque
Cleaning out the freezer fish pie (I used a few hundred pounds' worth of scallops, red mullet and more, but this recipe would work just as well with a tin of tuna and frozen Smart Price prawns)

I hope the boLorneaise makes an appearance!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
Maybe all those mystery ingredients from the last 6 months will make it into the book?

Wafer-thin chicken and milk carbonara
Rotting chicken livers à la grecque
Cleaning out the freezer fish pie (I used a few hundred pounds' worth of scallops, red mullet and more, but this recipe would work just as well with a tin of tuna and frozen Smart Price prawns)

I hope the boLorneaise makes an appearance!
Cold chip dauphinoise.
Yellow sticker iceberg Caesar salad.

• Haha
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.