Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
why bother with activism, roadside mum, charity, decent food, political prisoners etc when you can indulge yourself with Floofle?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Was listening to James O Brien today and he said our Jack is on his podcast 'Disclosure' this week, was kinda funny as he led up to that by talking about faux poor people that aren't really poor as they could just call up their dad for a sub if they got stuck then he said " unlike Jack Monroe who will be on the podcast this week " had to laugh
Jobbie and our Jackie. Wow, that's ne not to miss....

• Haha
Reactions: 17
One day we’ll all meet in the buffet carriage of the Caledonian Sleeper.
No no, you must all come here and party under my enormous lemon tree and sashay around my olive trees whilst shaking your Mediterranean arses. Free limes all round and not a trace of brown slop.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Don't worry Jack, I wrote the recipe for you, now you can get back to saving the children!

Chicken, Veg and Potatoes: A Recipe

First, place your chicken tenderly into a pan. It can be frozen or not - the chicken, not the pan, haha! What am I like?! Some so-called "chefs" have strict rules that they insist you follow. But personally I like to throw caution to the wind and do what feels good. So defrost your chicken, leave it...life's too short.

Add a smear of lard to the pan with the chicken. Other fats are available, but I live on a very strict budget and can't afford them. In fact, I added the merest sliver of lard, so as not to waste a penny of precious ingredients. This means that someday, my son and I may have our Forever Home. If you are fortunate enough to already own a home, rather than living in precarious rented accommodation, you may use more.

Turn on the heat and let the lard melt, caressing the chicken with its winsome porky touch. While this is going on, chop your vegetables. If you have problems with knives, why not try this handy vegetable chopper, available here from Amazon? Yes, I'll get a few p tossed my way if you buy it, but I really believe in and heartily endorse this product!

Add your vegetables to the pan and stir firmly. I find this is best achieved with a spoon, although if you have sold all your kitchenware in a Yard Sale, a rare Mary Poppins replica umbrella makes a good substitute.

Meanwhile, carefully peel your potatoes. This is a simple task, so easy that the average 44-year-old can manage it with minimal supervision. Keep the potato peelings - if you have a vegan in the family, they can mix them with some Del Monte pineapple chunks for a delicious vegan alternative.

Add the potatoes to the pan and cook everything for three hours, or until softy softy soft soft.

This serves four - if you don't guzzle it greedily straight from the pan, like I did! This site, with its millions of delicious recipes, will always be free to use but does incur running costs. To help offset them, you can always chuck a pound or two my way. As a former foodbank user, your donations are much appreciated. Thankyou.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104
I wonder if you served one of my former colleagues. Made a big fuss about going to a particular Indian because it was trusted for nut free as she had a peanut allergy, which was fair enough until someone from her department told us all she frequently sat at her desk eating a snickers(!).
Not fake allergy, but fake veggie..

When my brother got married they asked everyone for food allergies/avoidance etc. A couple came in and alterations to menu were made.
Two days before wedding the Best Man's wife, we will call her K, suddenly said she was vegan but would accept a Vegetarian alternative (🤬)
My now SIL's mother went apeshit because they were paying for the reception. It was too late to change the individual dish and the venue charged them for a whole new dinner (£60) It wasn't just the cost, it was the inconvenience and the fact that, as the Best Man's wife, she had had a good 18months to mention she was Vegan. Plus she had actually been to 'wedding planning' meet ups AFTER the food requests had been sent out and menu planning meetings. K was really vocal too and caused a huge drama by having a tantrum about it all.
Morning of the wedding, we're all getting ready at SIL's mum's house (my girls were bridesmaids so I was there) SIL's mum had put on a really lovely day. Prosecco, snacks and a really cute slide show thing of SIL growing up, very sweet. She also did a tonne of bacon rolls.
K was there because her kid was bridesmaid too, although SIL's mum ignored her.
K asked if the bacon in the rolls was 'real meat' told yes it was, then ate one of the bacon rolls and everyone just stopped and stared.
SIL's mum lost her tit. I've not seen her even raise her voice but she just exploded.
That was 10 years ago and I still giggle.
Turns out K 'forgot' she was a vegan because she was so excited about the wedding.......ffs

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.