Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @colouredlines, @SoulRebel and @jenny2603 for the title components!

Edit: And now @CabalofBolorneaise too! Mods changed the thread title 🤷‍♀️

In our last thread...

- Jack told the Guardian that The Letter was a bit tit really
- Letter-writing campaigns are only good when Jack thinks of them, you see
- Jack and Roadside Mum did a joint chaos
- Bae (Jack) caught me (also Jack) sleeping
- Cooper was bothered on the internet
- Dr Rupy saved his show by not letting Jack cook

For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’
‘I did a chaos’
‘My maverick brain’
‘My sad little face’
‘I’m BUSY’
‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’
‘I laughed up a lung’

** NEW **
‘Literally hella embarrassed AF’ about ‘Brexit and flip-flopping Covid flippancy’ and she ‘didn’t even vote for it’.

She likes to describe herself as ‘puppyishly honest and naively enthusiastic’

As of late November 2020, Jack conceded she is not poor, but living to a budget as she is saving for a forever home for her and SB.

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a ÂŁ4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • ** NEW ** However, during Lockdown 2 (November 2020), a bubble buddy, ‘buddle’ (BB) came to stay with Jack. BB is pescatarian, cycles 200 miles a week, and works in London. Jack is teaching her to cook, while also using her as a figure of gentle ridicule. She cannot cook, she cannot iron, she cannot clean the television properly, she left the hose out and it got eaten by a fox, and she doesn’t know the difference between wet and dry ingredients.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
  • She recently claimed she found her Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle.
Use the pink link tab at the top of the thread to find Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, where you will find all episodes of Daily Kitchen Live.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 110
Thanks to @colouredlines, @SoulRebel and @jenny2603 for the title components!

In our last thread...

- Jack told the Guardian that The Letter was a bit tit really
- Letter-writing campaigns are only good when Jack thinks of them, you see
- Jack and Roadside Mum did a joint chaos
- Bae (Jack) caught me (also Jack) sleeping
- Cooper was bothered on the internet
- Dr Rupy saved his show by not letting Jack cook

For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’
‘I did a chaos’
‘My maverick brain’
‘My sad little face’
‘I’m BUSY’
‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’
‘I laughed up a lung’

** NEW **
‘Literally hella embarrassed AF’ about ‘Brexit and flip-flopping Covid flippancy’ and she ‘didn’t even vote for it’.

She likes to describe herself as ‘puppyishly honest and naively enthusiastic’

As of late November 2020, Jack conceded she is not poor, but living to a budget as she is saving for a forever home for her and SB.

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a ÂŁ4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • ** NEW ** However, during Lockdown 2 (November 2020), a bubble buddy, ‘buddle’ (BB) came to stay with Jack. BB is pescatarian, cycles 200 miles a week, and works in London. Jack is teaching her to cook, while also using her as a figure of gentle ridicule. She cannot cook, she cannot iron, she cannot clean the television properly, she left the hose out and it got eaten by a fox, and she doesn’t know the difference between wet and dry ingredients.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
  • She recently claimed she found her Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle.
Use the pink link tab at the top of the thread to find Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, where you will find all episodes of Daily Kitchen Live.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.
Cracking recap!

ETA: I can’t see there was any outcome last night’s chaos.... did the MSM appearance happen?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
While Jack is off saving the children, can I interest you in what may be her worst piece of prose ever? It's her tribute to Nigella, written in Nigella style.

TRIGGER WARNING: it contains a direct reference to her fingernails: I carefully underscored words with an absent-minded fingernail (imagine the state of the book after that). Also her seduction technique is mentioned. Tread carefully...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
While Jack is off saving the children, can I interest you in what may be her worst piece of prose ever? It's her tribute to Nigella, written in Nigella style.

TRIGGER WARNING: it contains a direct reference to her fingernails: I carefully underscored words with an absent-minded fingernail (imagine the state of the book after that). Also her seduction technique is mentioned. Tread carefully...
Oh my. I wonder if Nigella has ever read this 🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Congratulations to the three musketeers on the thread title and thank you @Pixieboots on creating the new thread and excellent recap 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 24
@Jelly Bean thankspaceyou. I don’t really get IG and certainly don’t want to sign up. someone here back in the midsts of time suggested gramho

Reactions: 13
The Monroedside Mum joint chaos was an absolutely baffling episode. I don’t know how anyone ever does recaps because can hardly remember what she does within the timeline of a thread/half a day. Well done @Pixieboots for being such a clever smol pixie and remembering wtf happened.

Maybe they’ve actually been doing the homeschooling in earnest today because, let me tell ya: Brain ache. All day. No time for chaoses when the people that came out of your Fanny (Jack’s words!) are hanging off you all day asking you what a prime number is 🤯

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I'm watching Dr Rupy now. Tell you what, he's always got an excuse not to peel his veg hasn't he?

On topic though her appearance was essentially a selection of obvious advice and a lemon reference. Lemons are 30p Brenda.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I had a quick peek at Roadside Mum's Twitter page. She uses the word "chumocracy", which Jack has been very fond of this week. I haven't lived in the UK in a very long time - is this word commonly used? Because if not, I get a bit of a sinking feeling...

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
I wondered if Chartwell have got the lawyers involved - hence the Twitter silence on the topic.

If Monroe or Roadside Mum shared inaccurate info or pics, they might be inclined to do so.

Pure speculation m’lud 😬

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I'm watching Dr Rupy now. Tell you what, he's always got an excuse not to peel his veg hasn't he?

On topic though her appearance was essentially a selection of obvious advice and a lemon reference. Lemons are 30p Brenda.
I’m finally losing it I think. I’m reading “excuse not to peel his veg” and thinking it’s a euphemism.... or does he literally just not peel carrots?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Apologies for using acronyms. My smol brain thought we were supposed to use them. This was based on nothing but my imagination. Will write full names henceforth.

As if I haven't had enough zooms, google meets and teams for one day, I now, at 8pm, have to do a parent/teacher zoom. I've put rum in a mug and am ready. As I def won't have to share my screen, I can tattle along. C'mon, Jack, do me a solid and do a little chaos over the next hour to keep me entertained.

I had a quick peek at Roadside Mum's Twitter page. She uses the word "chumocracy", which Jack has been very fond of this week. I haven't lived in the UK in a very long time - is this word commonly used? Because if not, I get a bit of a sinking feeling...
It's not.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I’m finally losing it I think. I’m reading “excuse not to peel his veg” and thinking it’s a euphemism.... or does he literally just not peel carrots?
He doesn't even peel his parsnips. Nor his ginger.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
As do I.

Nor because of any one phrase but something feels off and I can’t put my finger on it.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.