Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't forget that Ken loach I Daniel Blake was based on our Jackie
I actually had someone tell me this in all seriousness once. They said that Daniel Blake was fake and it was based on the life of JM. Apparently they read this on twitter (I have never been able to find it) You can imagine my reaction, right?
Catherine-Tate-Nan.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I actually had someone tell me this in all seriousness once. They said that Daniel Blake was fake and it was based on the life of JM. Apparently they read this on twitter (I have never been able to find it) You can imagine my reaction, right?
View attachment 224608
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-blake-millions-like-me-jack-monroe-ken-loach

Jack went to the press screening... more strangers and more floral Jack writing.
"The woman beside me, a stranger, squeezed my forearm as I choked on guttural, involuntary sobs. I’m sorry, I whispered, sloping out to punch a wall in the corridor and cry into the blinding, unaware streets of west London. I looked mad. I am mad. " Ugh

" I, Daniel Blake is not quite my life story. But yet, it is. I turned down the movie rights for my rags-to-book deal story in 2014, because I’m the lucky one. I felt the Hollywood treatment for “poor girl has hard time then it all gets better” would be an insult to the millions who don’t get to write about it in the Guardian afterwards. Don’t tell me to check my privilege, I know it. I found a job as a local journalist through sitting at council meetings and waiting for a vacancy to come up, after applying for hundreds of others. The rest is history – and 90-hour working weeks to stay afloat. I am currently writing this at 4am, having started work at 7. Five years after falling down the benefits rabbit hole, I’ve almost repaid the bank charges and court orders from that energy bill and others besides. "

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
Oh yes I'm actually glad she hasn't said anything because my rage levels can't handle it. Probably will include a reference to 'more bread and jam please mummy' :rolleyes:

I just googled Jack Monroe Daniel Blake and found this...HOW long has she been writing this poverty book?! So people will have taken the time to share their painful testimonies and she never even bothered finishing it.

View attachment 224597
It’s on her list! After the piss and the sandwich etc etc

• Haha
Reactions: 8
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-blake-millions-like-me-jack-monroe-ken-loach

Jack went to the press screening... more strangers and more floral Jack writing.
"The woman beside me, a stranger, squeezed my forearm as I choked on guttural, involuntary sobs. I’m sorry, I whispered, sloping out to punch a wall in the corridor and cry into the blinding, unaware streets of west London. I looked mad. I am mad. " Ugh

" I, Daniel Blake is not quite my life story. But yet, it is. I turned down the movie rights for my rags-to-book deal story in 2014, because I’m the lucky one. I felt the Hollywood treatment for “poor girl has hard time then it all gets better” would be an insult to the millions who don’t get to write about it in the Guardian afterwards. Don’t tell me to check my privilege, I know it. I found a job as a local journalist through sitting at council meetings and waiting for a vacancy to come up, after applying for hundreds of others. The rest is history – and 90-hour working weeks to stay afloat. I am currently writing this at 4am, having started work at 7. Five years after falling down the benefits rabbit hole, I’ve almost repaid the bank charges and court orders from that energy bill and others besides. "
I can't stop laughing at this - how did this tit get published?!

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Punched the wall in a totally non violent manner, presumably. How does she fit it all in in those 40 hour days?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I can't stop laughing at this - how did this tit get published?!
Love this comment on the article...
Never mind her self justification and repeated need for approbation on what ostensibly should be an objective piece of journalism. One reference to her background and journey would suffice but to refer to it continuously detracts from the article itself and lessens its impact.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

" I, Daniel Blake is not quite my life story. But yet, it is. I turned down the movie rights for my rags-to-book deal story in 2014, because I’m the lucky one. I felt the Hollywood treatment for “poor girl has hard time then it all gets better” would be an insult to the millions who don’t get to write about it in the Guardian afterwards.
Interesting, wasn't she claiming recently that she turned down the movie rights in order to protect her family?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Oh yes I'm actually glad she hasn't said anything because my rage levels can't handle it. Probably will include a reference to 'more bread and jam please mummy' :rolleyes:

I just googled Jack Monroe Daniel Blake and found this...HOW long has she been writing this poverty book?! So people will have taken the time to share their painful testimonies and she never even bothered finishing it.

View attachment 224597
Where do the book profits go? JM?

Reactions: 8
How dry would that film about her life be tho, imagine paying over a tenner to sit for 2 hours watching a biopic about a Home Counties posho selling her Denby crockery & Omega seamaster and still going on about it a decade later?!

The real chaos ppl wanna see is in these threads tbh, and we have undoubted screenwriting talent amongst the fraus too. Netflix won’t know what’s hit them, Frye Festival | Tiger King | Blended Slop (sorry stole ur brilliant username x)

• Haha
Reactions: 41

She is such a twit!

Reactions: 7
Anyone else calling bullshit on the 'Hollywood Movie of my life'?
IF there ever was any interest they would quickly lose all appetite for it once they realised her life story is complete and utter bollocks.
Also, kid's dad could sue the arse off them for slander

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Anyone else calling bullshit on the 'Hollywood Movie of my life'?
Yep. Hollywood Schmollywood. Why would anyone in Hollywood be remotely interested in Slackie? (They wouldn't be)

I just think her whole life is one big "did ye, aye" moment. It must be so exhausting.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
The film would have been great, I can see it now. Ruby Rose sliding down the pole in full firefighting gear. Miserably being measured by a tailor for her passing out parade, Michael Caine bent at her knee with a tape measure. 'Traazers? On a bird?' He spits out his cigar in disgust. 'Chief likes a broad in stilettoes.' Etc..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
The film would have been great, I can see it now. Ruby Rose sliding down the pole in full firefighting gear. Miserably being measured by a tailor for her passing out parade, Michael Caine bent at her knee with a tape measure. 'Traazers? On a bird?' He spits out his cigar in disgust. 'Chief likes a broad in stilettoes.' Etc..
actual HOOTING! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I'm honestly absolutely gutted that the BBC hasn't archived the June Whitfield / Jaime Winstone story of Jack's life. The episode descriptions alone are comedy gold. Ep1 - Why Grandma is not talking to Jack, and why soda bread is her favourite recipe. Ep 2 - Jack meets one of Southend's few on-off vegetarians, while her Grandma despairs of her granddaughter ever settling down.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.