Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So tonight's tea was chicken dinner soup is she working with heniz next or willy wonka, just watch the blueberry pie SB? We all know where that ends?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Not fake allergy, but fake veggie..

When my brother got married they asked everyone for food allergies/avoidance etc. A couple came in and alterations to menu were made.
Two days before wedding the Best Man's wife, we will call her K, suddenly said she was vegan but would accept a Vegetarian alternative (šŸ¤¬)
My now SIL's mother went apeshit because they were paying for the reception. It was too late to change the individual dish and the venue charged them for a whole new dinner (Ā£60) It wasn't just the cost, it was the inconvenience and the fact that, as the Best Man's wife, she had had a good 18months to mention she was Vegan. Plus she had actually been to 'wedding planning' meet ups AFTER the food requests had been sent out and menu planning meetings. K was really vocal too and caused a huge drama by having a tantrum about it all.
Morning of the wedding, we're all getting ready at SIL's mum's house (my girls were bridesmaids so I was there) SIL's mum had put on a really lovely day. Prosecco, snacks and a really cute slide show thing of SIL growing up, very sweet. She also did a tonne of bacon rolls.
K was there because her kid was bridesmaid too, although SIL's mum ignored her.
K asked if the bacon in the rolls was 'real meat' told yes it was, then ate one of the bacon rolls and everyone just stopped and stared.
SIL's mum lost her tit. I've not seen her even raise her voice but she just exploded.
That was 10 years ago and I still giggle.
Turns out K 'forgot' she was a vegan because she was so excited about the wedding.......ffs
amazing story! k should have pointed out that she was vegan THEN and this was NOW

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Frozen chicken, frozen veg, potatoes & gravy granules? And this ā€œrecipeā€ is going into a new cookbook along with the 6 minute rice (that also has the same veg in)? What on earth is the concept of this new cookbook? tit I Found in My 3 Freezers?

• Haha
Reactions: 60
View attachment 392207
Stanley Johnsonā€™s bestie? Whose son you have accused of being a liar. twit.
She did that election chat with Toff. And obviously ended up basically capitulating to everything Toff had to say, because (in my opinion, MLud) Jack has no opinions of her own and spins in the wind agreeing with the last person she spoke to/the prevailing popular opinion.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
It looks like it's been put down on the floor for the dog.

View attachment 392064
Why do some potatoes look roasted and some only look boiled? Canā€™t believe this but am I insane, the blue ones arenā€™t roasted are they? Why are only some potatoes coated in gravy? How can you make gravy out of potato water?

17CC014A-11B4-4BC2-8DD2-51EC282A24E4.jpeg

About to do our dinner and this has knocked me for six uno, what IS this?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
I think dear heart @heretoreaditall2019, she boiled the potatoes then used the potato water to add to the gravy granules instead of plain old boiled water, the bloody maverick, and then finished the veg concoction off in one pan to crisp up a bit, ā€œfor flavour.ā€ The potatoes look a bit al dente.

Edit: Iā€™ve also realised that some of the potatoes that I thought looked a bit better are actually pieces of chicken šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
How the duck can

Why do some potatoes look roasted and some only look boiled? Canā€™t believe this but am I insane, the blue ones arenā€™t roasted are they? Why are only some potatoes coated in gravy? How can you make gravy out of potato water?

View attachment 392213

Also my mum is super fussy about plates and stuff if you brought her food out in that metal bowl to eat she would say who you feeding the cat? She's a nightmare in those rustic restaurants?! šŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

View attachment 392213

Perhaps, she has added to a ready meal? Hence the non uniformity?

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I too have a 10 yr old boy he says things like " Minecraft blah blah blah roadblocks blah blah blah and when I got six inches chopped off my hair " it looks middle aged" and you look a like a witch with that grey bit, a cool witch.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I think dear heart @heretoreaditall2019, she boiled the potatoes then used the potato water to add to the gravy granules instead of plain old boiled water, the bloody maverick, and then finished the veg concoction off in one pan to crisp up a bit, ā€œfor flavour.ā€ The potatoes look a bit al dente.
Oh this makes far more sense sorry, had assumed it was fermented/incinerated down to a thicker consistency like that poor jam that needed scraping out the slow cooker.

What a waste of time tho just use the kettle? The limescale will add more flavour than the smell of potato skin surely?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.