Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh this makes far more sense sorry, had assumed it was fermented/incinerated down to a thicker consistency like that poor jam that needed scraping out the slow cooker.

What a waste of time tho just use the kettle? The limescale will add more flavour than the smell of potato skin surely?
She’ll probably use the spud water gravy two more times like the beetroot water. We’ll see spud gravy porridge for breakfast tomorrow followed by spud gravy risotto.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
jack monroe, voice of the working classes, besties with the toriest of tories

also, she's actually said out loud she's planning on ripping off someone else's recipe? I mean, chefs do take recipes and make adjustments, or do "a riff on" something, but they don't commonly say, "I'm gonna take this exact recipe, but duck it up for the Poors"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Frozen chicken, frozen veg, potatoes & gravy granules? And this “recipe” is going into a new cookbook along with the 6 minute rice (that also has the same veg in)? What on earth is the concept of this new cookbook? tit I Found in My 3 Freezers?
tit I Made Out Of tit I Found In My 3 Freezers. 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
‘..to go on your desk or nearby’? Yeah, ok. This happened.
Also, ‘you’re all tough and stuff’. Reminds me of people who say ‘People think I’m hard’. twit.
Or maybe people who say things like:

Screenshot_20201015-102118~2.png

🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Why do some potatoes look roasted and some only look boiled? Can’t believe this but am I insane, the blue ones aren’t roasted are they? Why are only some potatoes coated in gravy? How can you make gravy out of potato water?

View attachment 392213

About to do our dinner and this has knocked me for six uno, what IS this?
I think part of it is a roast dinner ready meal, she's just added broccoli and a few new potatoes (probably from her plate, alongside the red mullet) and mixed together, a la Jackie

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I actually thought she sounded like Nigel frirage in that last video?

They both use the same obnoxious tone.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I got this after the feral bit:

Regarding your other concerns about the interviewee, that is not something the readers' editor's office deals with - our job is to consider corrections and clarifications. If there are particular things in the article that you believe to be incorrect, please provide further detail and we can look into them.

Fraus! Fetch the ring binders 😂

Oh if only they'd listen, we could tell them so much...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Aw I always feel sad that SB feels like he has to vie for her attention with drawings and things 😞

Must be hard to prise her gaze away from twitter.

I take it that cringe desperado try-hard game that they play "every night" at dinner has gone the same way as the thundercrap?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
Yeah Essex frauen, between producing Jack and Russell Brand, what’s going on round there? Is there a school for verbosity or something?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
2ACF9CD9-E304-4C6D-A9EB-4E9A7B83EEA6.jpeg

Yes but what they’re all saying is “Thank duck she’s gone”.

• Haha
Reactions: 64
I hear that social media darling and food expert Jack Monroe is available for private cooking gigs.
she cooked a private dinner for MARY PORTAS, for duck's sake!

View attachment 392086
Putting floofle aside, and how this absolutely did not happen, why tf is she downstairs again?!
all her stories about him are like bad dialogue written by someone who has literally never met a 10 year old in their life

• Haha
Reactions: 53
The whole episode is an embarrassment and a wasted opportunity. You cannot publicly call the MD a ****ing idiot for 'likes' and expect respect in return.

View attachment 391907

Whatever happened to Camila Batmanghelidjh? Hope no-one is uncomfortable with the question, but some treated her like a Goddess in these issues.

View attachment 391915
still doing the speaking circuit by all accounts. Was meant to be relaunching kids Co, but I don't think anything happened.

She was some one I took at face value, until the big expose. Probably because I'd never paid her much attention.

Reactions: 14
Right. I'm in a good mood tonight. I've had a wine and Denise Welch made her Hollyoaks debut. Despite this that dinner looks shite. And I burned an Aldi ready.set.cook casserole the other week.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
She’ll probably use the spud water gravy two more times like the beetroot water. We’ll see spud gravy porridge for breakfast tomorrow followed by spud gravy risotto.
Leftover carrot and broccoli overnight oats

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.