Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly. Sorry -- Yes, absolutely x

The balls of this article (and the hair - yikes!)

Quoting myself (how gauche) because this article is insane.

“Don’t you miss eggs?” one Twitter user asked. Not really. I replace them with bananas or apple sauce when baking, with a dash of vinegar and cornflour in pancakes. Yes, scrambled eggs are lovely, and I’ve eaten them, and enjoyed them, and that was OK. Now I don’t want to any more, and that’s OK too."
- Told a woe-is-butterless-me story about sloppy mayo eggs this fall
- Eggs, eggs, eggs, eggs...

"Unless you live under a rock, you know that geese are force-fed copious amounts of grain to fatten their livers for foie gras. You know that baby male chicks are flung alive into a mincer. You probably didn’t know that in natural conditions a chicken should lay 12 eggs a year, yet battery hens lay 300. But I’m not going to gross you out with science. In my experience, yelling at people that they are wrong and disgusting rarely wins the argument, nor changes point of view."
- Guess Jack forgot she had learned that yelling doesn't change minds
- Made cheapest possible roast chicken dinner for x-mas

Seriously, has she regressed? Is her brain okay? Was that THEN? It was 2016. That feels like yesterday to me.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
I think it’s the low welfare meat that’s the killer. I think the “meat reducer” target market is likely to be people who eat meat occasionally and choose it carefully.
This is very true. A few years ago I was part of a vegan focus group and the researchers who were looking into producing lab meat told us that people who loved meat, but were really into provenance, 'snout to tail' recipes and exotic meats (kangaaroo, etc) were often closer in beliefs to vegans than other groups. Makes sense to me - if you eat meat, but see the meat as an animal, you wouldn't eat cheap meat.

I'm here for the vegan uprising.

Also, had to attend a very boring webinar today. There was a bit of an uprising in the comment section, which was awful, as the presenter was doing a good job but a few people in the audience clearly expected a different talk. Anyway, I kept thinking 'the squiggles aren't happy'. And they weren't even squiggled!

I don’t know if this has been posted in these threads as I’m not following religiously but thought it was typically whiney of her. From the Mother Pukkha Insta account.View attachment 393332
Wanker.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I think it’s the low welfare meat that’s the killer. I think the “meat reducer” target market is likely to be people who eat meat occasionally and choose it carefully. They certainly won’t be buying eyelid & hole sausages and are probably pretty repulsed by the idea.
I think it was also news to Linda McC that Jack was dropped by the actual Veganuary as an ambassador due to her stance on meat. That is NOT a good look for a Veganuary campaign, to put it mildly. I’m sure she wouldn’t have got the gig if they’d known that.
Also, if Linda McC want to tempt non-vegans to try their products (which presumably they do), they need to be posting recipes which look and sound appealing. Whereas Jack’s stuff pretty much always looks revolting. The sausage/kidney bean fiasco is a case in point. It looks like slurry.
I imagine it’s a 3-recipe deal so there’s probably one more to come. After that I expect Linda McC will just allow this sorry episode to fade away.
If they’ve got any sense they’d tell her it’s alright, they don’t want the third one and try to get someone else to post something next week. Unless they insist she passes off someone else’s food as her own, I can’t imagine she’ll have anything that can help them at all, just lead to more of the same comments about it being grim and her.

I thought dumpling Squig was, ahem, not seriously asking but it seems like it was a genuine question as she’s replied confused to the lard reply she got 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
And if you have a child that’s nearly 11 you really should have taught him to use a washing machine if you’re going to publicly complain about having to do it yourself.

Reactions: 38
Quite excited to see who she angers next. I'd like a surprise something like she's made the people of Nauru so angry with a slop recipe they've banned her from the country.
I love that idea. When she died among my great aunts’ possessions was a small statuette with “from the grateful people of Tonga” engraved on it. To this day no one knows why (🔺). I feel Jack should have a vegan sausage with “from the angry people of Nauru” carved into it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I don’t know if this has been posted in these threads as I’m not following religiously but thought it was typically whiney of her. From the Mother Pukka Insta account.View attachment 393332
Lolwut? I also cook and clean and wash clothes, run my own Etsy shop 🔺and single-handedly do all of the associated social media / recipes / photography for that, while working on my PhD full time and taking on additional Corona projects. And I RENT and I have a catto! So where is MY MBE????

And "emotional labourer" is so rude. We've all had to emotionally support those around us during this awful time and it is a bit tiring but I wouldn't describe myself as an "emotional labourer", it's something you just do when people around you are having a tit time. And to who? SB? It seems like he's the one who has to softly tip toe up to Mama and make her a smol snack or draw her an ickle floofy woofy to cheer her up...

She is an entertainer though, that's for sure! :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
And "emotional labourer" is so rude. We've all had to emotionally support those around us during this awful time and it is a bit tiring but I wouldn't describe myself as an "emotional labourer", it's something you just do when people around you are having a tit time. And to who? SB? It seems like he's the one who has to softly tip toe up to Mama and make her a smol snack or draw her an ickle floofy woofy to cheer her up...
I’m sure she’s actually a very nice and loving Mama (🤢) and that SB is doing great, but the way she writes about him on Twitter makes it seem like she treats him like an emotional support animal. Gets him on her lap to make fuss of her when she’s feeling low or lacking attention, then tucks him back into a little hutch with a bowl of slop and a non-Walliams book until the next time she needs confirmation that she’s an amazing parent. Like I said, I’m sure it’s not like that really (y’all don’t be calling CPS now!) but as someone who prides herself on being a writer, she should probably have a look at the way she drops his name into her tweets.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.