Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First time poster here! I've been lurking since the days of DKL and the 'That Man' chaos..I don't use Twitter so first became aware of Jack when I noticed their name kept being mentioned in the comments section of the Guardian whenever there was an article on storecupboard ingredients..I looked up her recipes and they all seemed fairly grim. My top 3 Jack moments so far are Viv (RIP), Brenda's Bangers and the horror film type voice whispering 'you're on, you're on' ( I think during the shed cooking?). Big thanks to the cabal for keeping me hooting over these last few difficult months. Will probably go back to lurking now!
Love your name 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Good grief, I loathe that "People often say to me...", Or "People often ask me..."

Do they?

DO THEY!!!???

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Good grief, I loathe that "People often say to me...", Or "People often ask me..."

Do they?

DO THEY!!!???
That only happens to people in 80 TV adverts, while being asked about their hair, clothes or dishes, so they can be referred to a specific shampoo, detergent or washing up liquid.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Cabal I must confess I'm a terrible cook. My older son once questioned whether I was employed by Satan himself as my food was so bad it must have been sent from hell. BUT. I used to use A Girl Called Jack as my primary cookbook. I credit (blame) Monroe with my cooking education. Tonight though I actually made a fairly decent meatloaf off of Pinterest.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Taking Jack's word that this did actually happen...it is a confusing age and some 10/11 year olds act like moody teenagers one minute and small children the next. If SB did have a more 'childlike' moment and give this Floofle picture to Jack, would he really want it posted all over the Internet for his school friends to potentially take the piss out of?

392086[/ATTACH]
Putting floofle aside, and how this absolutely did not happen, why tf is she downstairs again?!

• Sad
Reactions: 51
A Cabal meet-up in Southend would result in JM herself turning up wearing one of those bloody wigs to hide her identity. Luckily we're more familiar with her body of work than the average bank clerk...one glimpse of those tats (and more importantly, THOSE NAILS) and she'd be rumbled. Then she'd give us all a sound shin-kicking.

So yeah, I don't fancy it, although I hear the puddles and charity shops round those parts are good for a spot of bargain hunting.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
We’re over run with benches here we’ll be fine. If not you can all bundle in to my little flat. As long as none of you make a mess as I RENT.
Does southend run to a premier in perchance? If so, I'm up for it, I means obvs we could have stayed at her grandads place but I presume it's been sold

• Haha
Reactions: 35
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
7E0FAFA7-950B-4E17-BEB3-DAE0553DEDC0.png
I was wondering why it was so quiet and tomorrow is what I would call a “half moon” but is apparently called 1st quarter. I predict a chaos, I predict a chaos!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
A Cabal meet-up in Southend would result in JM herself turning up wearing one of those bloody wigs to hide her identity. Luckily we're more familiar with her body of work than the average bank clerk...one glimpse of those tats (and more importantly, THOSE NAILS) and she'd be rumbled. Then she'd give us all a sound shin-kicking.

So yeah, I don't fancy it, although I hear the puddles and charity shops round those parts are good for a spot of bargain hunting.
84496490-7146-4921-BEE0-8B08F83AAD74.gif

‘John’ said it’d be ok if I came.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
oh no, smol robots are after Floofle

20210119_211938.jpg

20210119_211953.jpg

keep trying to come up with a thread title involving Floofle, but it's just not happening! 😭

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

She'd been hiding in a hedge with binoculars the creepy shark-eyed cow

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Fraus, I was watching some Nigella on the telly earlier and then changed the channel and Michael Portillo was presenting his railway journeys programme which featured...............Southend-on-Sea. This has to be a hidden message, right?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.