Jack Monroe #136 We lived in a house, it had a roof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's .... Jack Monroe's account.

"In our report, we argue that these intergenerational understandings of class origin should be read as having a performative dimension; they deflect attention away from the structural privileges these individuals enjoy, both in their own eyes but also among those they communicate their origin stories to in everyday life. At the same time, by framing their lives as an upward struggle against the odds, these interviewees misrepresent their subsequent life outcomes as more worthy, more deserving and more meritorious."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I’m just away back to work after lunch (I’ve been lol-ing, you guys are the best) but again I’m breaching my own rule about talking about her appearance, but....it crossed the mind of this old detective that maybe she’s had a wee boob job too. In the pic last week in the grey hoodie and the one of her doing a weird staring thing at Dr Rupy she looked a bit bigger to me.

I 100% think what people do aesthetically is hee haw to do with me but again, it’s this ‘I’m so poor’ bollocks she spins that invites people to speculate what she’s spending her money on to make her so poor

• Wow
Reactions: 33
I also noticed how Dr Rupee said he was using a holy trinity for Louisiana style cooking with celery, pepper and onion.

Then around two minutes later Jack says about how of course during the poverty she only had *three* spices in her store cupboard and they remain her holy trinity of spices, cumin, turmeric and paprika.

Strange spices to have as a single mother relying on benefits and a foodbank but hey ho. Proof she can’t have Dr Rupee saying something and her not elevenerifing the thing. It’s pathetic mirroring.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
When I was broke I had mild curry powder and mixed herbs. I basically used them as either my spice or my herb.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
She actually wasn't terrible in that my innards didn't shrivel up with second hand embarrassment. It must be the result of numerous takes and some very judicial editing.
It can't just be she wasn't live as her self taped 'Feed the Children' video was bloody awful too. As was the 'White as mayo' thing. Oh no and now I'm getting awful flashbacks of her 'getting over my fears' tremulous Oasis singing.
The horror!
How long is the webisode?

Reactions: 10
I listen to Johnny Vaughan's show. At age 21, he did a 4 year prison service and after his release he turned his life around. I had no idea about this however because he never mentions it! Why can't Jack move on from the fact she's no longer a foodbank/ benefits mum instead of bringing it up at every sodding opportunity?! (Not that I'm comparing being on benefits with prison but you get what I'm saying!!)

She's just not a role model in any way.

I hope she stops trying make "Feed. The. Children" happen. You ain't Geldolf, babe.
Every time I see ‘feed the children,’ my brain goes all Park Life: “I feed glove pigeons, I sometimes feed the children too, gives me a sense of enormous wellbeing.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I wonder if Charlie Chartwell has unleashed the lawyers and caused a violent loosening of the bowels. Odd thing for our scrappy fighter to delete.
Twitter isn’t loading for me, has anyone checked if the one where Jack herself said it was for 5 days is still there? That matches Chartwells story very conveniently if she’s now deleted her gaslighting one and wants to claim she said 5 days all along - say to throw off some lawyers...

ETA - realised I mixed up her tweets, she has so many! I meant now she’s deleted the one Marmalade posted, but I suspect the gaslighting one will be the next to vanish.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
She tries so, so, so, sooooooo hard to look relaxed and natural but in the end she looks like a lady who has followed through on a wet fart and is trying desperately to pretend that the noise and the smell that everyone just noticed wasn't her...
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Am hooting!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It was obvious the second photo was photoshopped from the moment she posted it, but this really highlights it! The big eyes, the smol pointy chin. I really don’t see the point in all the facetuning when people are going to see what you actually look like on TV anyway.
* Jack's internet date "she didn't look like her photos, and with the glasses she had on, she had a touch of rose west about her"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.