Jack Monroe #136 We lived in a house, it had a roof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The more of us the merrier... THE MORE OF US THE MERRIER 😐😑😔😒😒😒😒😒

Tinned fruit is cheaper, when you're not promoting Del Monte you absolute melon.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I think it's probably the best thing I've seen her do, actually. If I wasn't watching with a Tattle eye I probably wouldn't notice anything different to other TV guests but It was all so weird because her face is so different to every picture I've seen of her.
She actually wasn't terrible in that my innards didn't shrivel up with second hand embarrassment. It must be the result of numerous takes and some very judicial editing.
It can't just be she wasn't live as her self taped 'Feed the Children' video was bloody awful too. As was the 'White as mayo' thing. Oh no and now I'm getting awful flashbacks of her 'getting over my fears' tremulous Oasis singing.
The horror!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Catching up again. Just watched part of the Dr Rupy thing and, apart from looking like Sid the sloth again, is it just my imagination or is her neck even filthier than her nails usually are, I couldn’t concentrate on what was being said because I was thinking you could grow things on that neck.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Oh yikes, those pictures scared me! I mean, get whatever treatments you want (although don't scam folk to do it) but hers just don't look 'right'
They really don’t, which seems to be the big danger with things like fillers, done well they look good but now everyone and his wife are offering them there are a lot that just look dire. The same with too frozen Botox.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Catching up again. Just watched part of the Dr Rupy thing and, apart from looking like Sid the sloth again, is it just my imagination or is her neck even filthier than her nails usually are, I couldn’t concentrate on what was being said because I was thinking you could grow things on that neck.
I thought it looked like she had a really flushed neck and chest - nerves/excitement/general Jack weirdness?

Either that, or she hasn't learnt how to blend, because her blusher was also a bit Siouxsie Sioux.

1610976743728.png

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
De-lurking at last (been reading since April/Thread 2 when the THAT MAN meltdown caused me to dig a bit deeper on JM and reader, I could not believe the AUDACITY) as I currently spend a minimum of 42 hours a day on Tattle so a few posts can’t hurt now and then.

Anyway I have time travelled from the past (need to grunk about 20 pages to catch up on all the latest RM craic) to bring you Jack’s appearance on Dr Ruby’s show:

For those who suffer badly with second hand embarrassment, you can watch a natural, engaging and talented presenter up to about the 4 minute mark...and then Dr Rupy introduces Jack.

At the risk of giving away too many spoilers, highlights for me include the Deirdre glasses both off AND on, Jack passive aggressively suggesting Dr Rupy is stealing her job/all up in her niche, the awkwardness of her not knowing what to do with her hands at the beginning, and the fact that in between her segments there is a quick “fridge leftovers” pesto which not only looks delicious but doesn’t credit Jack or use a bag of E. coli as the star ingredient.

But the most *genius* part of all is that Dr Rupy doesn’t actually allow her to cook, so she just has to sit there holding a cup (not coffee, she doesn’t drink it) as a prop and talking about her bean collection.

To be fair to Jack, this is one of her less cringey tv appearances, but still plenty of material for Bootstrap Bingo™️ which is after all the shizz that we sad little Hausfrauen live for.

ETA I see other more learned Frauen have beat me to it on the Dr Rupy scoop! Credit to @NP
Why?? Why is it always pesto 😩😩😩

Welcome btw!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
After watching the Dr. R interview I'm 100% convinced that wasn't JM, but Janet Street Porter cosplaying Rose West.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
At Linda Mc they must be thrilled she has so much time for tweeting and interviews , while for their paid gig she could not even take out the line about adding chickpeas..(so unprofessional!!!).
If she was smart she'd have a word about contracting Slopbot to automate her 'recipe' 'contributions' to all these companies she somehow hoodwinks so she can concentrate on being a full-time Twitter bleep

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I'm gonna have to watch now! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Paging Dr Jack Monroe...

View attachment 390104
OMG they even talk about ~origin stories~

"Our findings indicate that such misidentifications are built on particular origin stories that people reach for when asked about their backgrounds. These accounts tend to downplay people’s own, fairly privileged upbringings and instead reach back into working-class extended family histories that incorporate grandparents and even great-grandparents. Here people find stories of the past – of working-class struggle, of upward social mobility, of meritocratic striving – that provide powerful frames for understanding their own experiences and identity."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.