Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't forget that article by her dad moaning about how he isn't paid enough for fostering and how he keeps having to replace his front door due to the kids...

View attachment 386723

I wonder if growing up she was always told by her parents to be grateful and see how lucky she is compared to some of the kids they were fostering, that might explain why she's so desperate to be the victim in her adult life! She always talks about the foster children in a really bitter, dehumanising way.
Theyre a disgraceful family. duck all of them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Come on!
Being referred to as 'Feral' in a national paper has GOT to bring one of Jack's foster 'siblings' out into the open.
You are right. Heartbreakingly sad and offensive term to use about desparately unhappy, bewildered and vulnerable children.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
Theyre a disgraceful family. duck all of them.
My friend‘s mum was an emergency foster carer for a large city council for many years. These were the kids who had to be removed from very dangerous situations very urgently.

None of these children ever smashed her house up, as she was an amazing parent. The idea that ‘foster kids are feral’ just shows you the mentality of the parents as well.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Why would Zoe Williams not question Jack calling foster children feral?
I don't get it.

Reactions: 57
Why would Zoe Williams not question Jack calling foster children feral?
I don't get it.
Because she’s another middle class idiot who pretends to care desperately about The Poors, as long as she doesn’t have to meet any of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
4A11289A-D7B3-4C14-8D15-BCDE4530FF8A.jpeg
838D7D75-A397-47B5-A90C-82857EC74DBE.jpeg

355512A1-01BA-4718-A905-7E3546A4BFFA.jpeg

If she knew anyone who worked in an actual school she’d know that the concept that they wave a cheery goodbye at 3.30 on a friday and never think about work until monday is ridiculous.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
I've been so angry at Jack talking about looked after children in such a disgusting way to further her crappy career.
Anyway, calmer now and have emailed a complaint and asked them to remove the word feral. Acknowledged but a response can take 48 hours.
Are her parents still registered as foster carers? Would love to bring it to the attention of Essex Social Services that their charges are branded 'feral' in a national newspaper.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Haha, I'm not saying it's unheard of, I love a comma, just an interesting coincidence ☺

Not gonna lie though, would love it if you were her in disguise. Faking a life as a sheep wrangler to hang out here? 10/10 commitment.
we don't care, as long as the sheep are real :love:

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Just popping my head up to say Linda McCartney would have payed at least 1.5k + expenses assuming she had done 3 recipes. And that’s the bare minimum. A friend creates recipes for various brand websites and although she did not want to say what she gets this is the minimum she gets for development and photography.

Edited- this is the bare minimum it’s more than likely higher than this.
Finally read the sausage curry recipe and it's an absolute joke that despite getting paid so well, she (as per) can't even copy-edit. There are no chickpeas on the ingredients list and yet
Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 13.48.02.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Just repeating what everyone else has said, but that Guardian article is vomit-inducing. I noticed there was no reference to Joan of Narc recovering from Covid, which you'd expect to have been mentioned even if only briefly, considering how topical it is :unsure:

Also, this bit made me HOOT (after howling and gnashing in disbelief)

View attachment 386441
The constant claims she is autistic, with no evidence to back her up; a girl being diagnosed as HF ASD in 1999/2000 was virtually unknown. And the evidence is there to prove this.

And this new symptom of ADHD. If it is aimed at Louisa Compton, head of channel 4 news and ex mrs J. It isn't her problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Come on!
Being referred to as 'Feral' in a national paper has GOT to bring one of Jack's foster 'siblings' out into the open.
They probably prefer to disassociate themselves from her. Hopefully they're doing alright, despite the nasty comments by Jack, and snidey digs about front doors by her dad.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.