Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Obv with comments turned off...

View attachment 386496
Yeah just coming to say, I see she’s caught up here and thought on our opinions on this piece (of tit) then decided that it’s best the fawning by her mates continues 🙄 bleep!

ETA - how she had time to speak to her mate Zoe during that “relentless work” on FSM is beyond me. I bounced loads of calls this last week from mates because I was “relentlessly” reading Tattle!
61774D1A-BA54-491A-A859-86C27EE42307.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Oh god, yes! The handing in her notice and trying to take it back the next day. How on earth does she manage to spin that as ‘big chief was horrible’, when what she should have said was ‘I am an idiot’. Why would she have taken it back, if her position was untenable? How did she work in pubs and coffee shops, if she had no childcare? The dramatic resignation followed by taking it all back is so familiar, it’s like her Tweeting and deleting within minutes. Or her scathing ephemeral attacks that she then pretends to have apologised for. Think, McFly, think!!
It's sounds to me like Old Chief just never got over coming into his work and seeing traaazers on a bird.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Screenshot_20210116-114614.jpg

Grunking so unsure if this is old news, but this is from Zoe Williams' replies.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 105
2E5ED6F8-8C47-4B95-8895-63F4CC4A1111.jpeg

FGS POOR PEOPLE CAN’T ACCESS THE NEWS, DONTCHA KNOW? Because POOR.

She’s so offensive.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Obv with comments turned off...

View attachment 386496
Translation: "I took five minutes out from my manic screeching on Twitter (while genuine campaigners achieved actual results) to recycle my Prehistoric origin story for the 74,369th time to a hack who, without even a basic regard for fact-checking, turned it into this journalistic tongue bath. Why can't we just feed my ego?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
God those Guardian Veganuary recipes are dreadful. I appreciate they’ve been sent in by readers but surely the editor could have looked at them? The very first one calls for ‘egg substitute’ - someone unfamiliar with vegan baking needs help with this. In one further down the author ferments their own bulgar wheat. I do a little bit of home fermenting and am totally insufferable but this is PEAK GUARDIAN.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Honestly both her and Zoe Williams need dragged for those "feral" comments. They literally couldn't give a duck about stigmatising already marginalised children for their own benefit.

Edit: sadly "Feral" is a word that often gets used to describe traveller children. They are also overrepresented in the care system.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
I think the worst thing about that article is that it made IDS seem relatable by describing him laughing at Jacks speech which I don't doubt was pretty funny. Then you remember it's a bollocks Jack "victimised yet AGAIN" story and go back to hating IDS.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
How could she possibly have 6 years of bills “pristine and neatly stacked”? Did she bring them with her from the last place? Please make it make sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Gonna have to have a break because I'm sitting on my hands so much. Very hard not to tell Zoe William's for instance to do some proper research.
Oh and I've been on prime time national radio having a go at Boris about something different (red triangle). Not reported or even misreported in the Express because I dont promote overpriced tinned fruit through it.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I like very much that RM says what is hers.

I don't like very much that she pays tribute to Jack, because I'm petty and prejudiced. But if RM says Jack helped, then I suppose she did.
1610800534921.png

ETA that I suppose "supported" might just mean sent a few DMs. In fact, probably does. I feel better now!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Oh, and her casual 'pronouns don't matter because children are starving' tit is actually incredibly offensive and not the light-hearted brush off she (likely) intended. Jack's support of the trans community is one of the few things I like about her, but I really wish she'd chosen her words better here. Pronouns are very important to some trans people, and the absolute bleeping privilege of saying they don't matter to you, and suggesting if they do you don't care about starving children? Ugh.

Of course the Guardian lapped it up cos they are peak TERFiness innit.
Also the sheer hypocrisy. Imagine her reaction if she happened to be in a phase when that was her focus? ‘How bleeping hard is it to use a particular pronoun and feed the children rage rage blah blah’. Just doesn’t get her enough attention so, like veganism, she drops & picks up this issue only when she thinks it gets her more attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.