Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So we’ve moved away from slowly, gently to loudly, uncomfortably now then?
I haven't watched the video yet but I can't imagine her being genuinely shouty without sounding on the verge of tears. She's like if Janet Street Porter was turned into a mouse.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Reactions: 40
Finally read the sausage curry recipe and it's an absolute joke that despite getting paid so well, she (as per) can't even copy-edit. There are no chickpeas on the ingredients list and yet
View attachment 386740
It's things like this which illustrate rather clearly that her aim is to make the most amount of money by doing the least amount of work (tis just my opinion, m'lud). She'll scream, shout and claw the carpet when she doesn't get the attention she believes she deserves, yet when she is handed a contract, she's telling people to wash chickpeas that aren't even in the bloody recipe. Never a dull day following this thread!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Does she really think that the DoE communicates with schools solely by Twitter? It says in the link that details were sent to schools earlier (basically, a day after the voucher u-turn)
Just another excuse to put herself and advertise herself out there as the saviour of hungry children.

She’s so self obsessed; mememememe.

Reactions: 31
I'm literally praying to the Christian god of this " country" that someone important tells her to duck off because she is ruining the cause just asked a mate how her weekend off school is going and she laughed and said what weekend? She's is so clueless, it's almost hilarious. People who talk to her call bojo an idiot I think they need to look closer to home.

I feel sorry for the real activists.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I haven’t read the bit about the fire service not letting her rescind her resignation before. The only times I have seen that happen is when the employer really really wants a problematic employee to leave. Plenty of times I have seen good people allowed to back down after a stress induced embarrassing flounce.
I'm still grunking from a few pages back but in my experience this is 100% correct. When I was managing people in a previous job there was no problem letting someone rescind their resignation as long as nobody else was hired to take their position over - but if they were an hole we were happy to get rid of, we'd make a big song and dance about "what's done is done ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Why would Zoe Williams not question Jack calling foster children feral?
I don't get it.
Are Jack and Zoe friends/do they move in the same circles?

This piece is an example of very lazy journalism. I don't even think you can call it journalism. It's also very out of touch with the issues society is currently facing as Jack is doing quite well for herself now isn't she..?

She's not on benefits, her child doesn't need FSM and she privately rents a large house in an expensive area. Who does she speak for/who does she represent/does she honestly believe she is the voice of those currently in poverty? What good does this article achieve? She is worlds away from having to receive money from the soul destroying system that is Universal Credit. I don't want to hear her ranty opinions on something she knows absolutely nothing about. She doesn't need the FSM service and she was never on UC, it didn't exist when she was allegedly poor. The benefits system has changed a lot over the last 20 years and for the worst. It's incomparable.

A better article would have been to run a piece where those in actual poverty are interviewed. It's not difficult to find people in that situation and it's important they are given a voice.

I struggled last year and my neighbours struggle as we live in a deprived part of the country. This article does nothing for us/them. Jack Monroe speaks for no one but herself. I know she thinks she's the Patron Saint of the Poors but she's not and her Poverty Cosplay is starting to really anger me.

Sorry for ranting on. Jack normally winds me up anyway but this article is something else. It's quite disconcerting, sinister almost.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
She probably hoped they'd be all "don't leave/you're fab/how can we help" and not actually take her resignation seriously. Probably did it for attention/a massive ego boost, to be fully let down 😂😂
I think she is trying to cover up the discrepancies in her resignation story.

Reactions: 34
View attachment 386738View attachment 386739
View attachment 386741
If she knew anyone who worked in an actual school she’d know that the concept that they wave a cheery goodbye at 3.30 on a friday and never think about work until monday is ridiculous.
Don't be a bleeping imbecile, JM. Just for once.

SLT work at weekends and us lowly minions are always available by phone. How do you think we sent out self isolation texts and emails over the Christmas period. at weekends and to tell people the arrangements for the start of term? We're used to this by now and knew (because we're aware of the world around us) that the scheme was likely to come back when the second wave kicked in.

I'm still grunking from a few pages back but in my experience this is 100% correct. When I was managing people in a previous job there was no problem letting someone rescind their resignation as long as nobody else was hired to take their position over - but if they were an hole we were happy to get rid of, we'd make a big song and dance about "what's done is done ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "
Especially when they were clearly only doing it because they thought it would, like in a US Cop Movie where the badge and gun gets dumped on the Chief's desk, force the powers to be to bow and scrape and welcome them back to a guard of honour clapping the Hero of the piece. Brinkmanship only works if somebody is actually indispensible. And a phone jockey really, really isn't. After all, there would be thousands of people who would jump at the chance of twenty seven grand a year.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
While I am on a grunka...I could not tell for sure but..could this be the Omega watch?
And the giblets she sold?
This is from her Insta from 2016 and 2017.
IF this is the Omega watch, she has not sold it in 2012.
That's a vintage Rolex style bracelet Omega don't make a model ( or havent for a long time anyway ) with that style strap. Not saying it's a Rolex just in the style of

• Wow
Reactions: 29
I'm probably thinking about that article more than I should but Jack really resented those foster children didn't she? Describing them as sneaking about at night and eating frozen chips makes them sound desperate as well as 'feral'. Wouldn't a hungry or deprived child go for the bread and jam or some biscuits rather than try to eat frozen food?
When she's prancing around in the night eating weird egg and fish combinations she's a greedy bleeping child goblin.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Taken from the Twitter feed of the former journalist, Zoe Williams. Something tells me that 'RoadsideMum' is not entirely happy with unfolding events.

1610807410310.png

Something is not quite right amongst those at the poverty party. I hope RM can carefully navigate through her new found position of prominence.

1610808239250.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
That's a vintage Rolex style bracelet Omega don't make a model ( or havent for a long time anyway ) with that style strap. Not saying it's a Rolex just in the style of
Funnily I stumbled on that as well when comparing. I don't have proof anyway (always careful making claims) but it could still be a different style bracelet for a different watch (as I have done with mine).

I simply find it unlikely that she sold her watch when she could have got help from SBs dad AND her family. Also, I know many rich people and they were not given a watch costing a few thousand £. So I find the living in poverty even more unlikely.

Reactions: 19
So Jack born in 88 and parents began to foster in 93.
Sadly, yes that is the standard of journalism in the Guardian. They also tightly control comments, they moderate every one so the pieces which feature the slightest hint of controversy relating to a person and risking libel, don’t have comments on (see also :Sali “I am so trolled” Hughes.
I am also disgusted at all involved for allowing those children to be described as “feral” plenty said on the subject here, all totally correct, but I wanted to add my voice.

So some good spin at work in t h Guardian, she’s so honest people think she’s dishonest, people complain she wasn’t poor for long enough or it was too long ago. Er NEWSFLASH that is the grumbling sound of actual poor people who’s voice you are drowning out.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.