Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like very much that RM says what is hers.

I don't like very much that she pays tribute to Jack, because I'm petty and prejudiced. But if RM says Jack helped, then I suppose she did.
View attachment 386586

ETA that I suppose "supported" might just mean sent a few DMs. In fact, probably does. I feel better now!
What is good about this, is that it shows RM is shrewd enough to recognise if someone is trying to take credit for something that they haven't done. Obviously MR would do no such thing, but others might.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Also the sheer hypocrisy. Imagine her reaction if she happened to be in a phase when that was her focus? ‘How bleeping hard is it to use a particular pronoun and feed the children rage rage blah blah’. Just doesn’t get her enough attention so, like veganism, she drops & picks up this issue only when she thinks it gets her more attention.
Precisely this. Her reaction would NOT have been so relaxed if it has been IDS or someone. She picks and chooses what she gives a duck about, almost solely with the aim of stoking up as much online sound and fury as she possibly can.

Reactions: 32
I like very much that RM says what is hers.

I don't like very much that she pays tribute to Jack, because I'm petty and prejudiced. But if RM says Jack helped, then I suppose she did.
View attachment 386586

ETA that I suppose "supported" might just mean sent a few DMs. In fact, probably does. I feel better now!
For sure she helped get the word out there. But that's all she did.

She didn't need to centre herself throughout. And it already had a lot of publicity from many different quarters. All Jack contributed was anger and cheap headlines that made her seem like she was 'giving it to the man' without achieving anything.

She didn't make anyone change course, or speak directly with Chartwells.

She hasn't been able to provide an estimate of the amount of money that she will donate to Magic Breakfast from her payment for all of these media appearances.

Even if she hasnt invoiced yet, payment will have been discussed so she should be able to confidently say 'once all payments are received I will be donating the entirety of my fees for this work- X thousand pounds'

What she did do, was drop in the fact that her rent has bounced and she isn't minted, suggesting she can ill afford to give up a paycheck. So if there is ever a discussion of the donation, her squiggles will demand she takes some payment herself. At most the charity will see a nominal donation and Jack will traaaazer the rest.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 66
So this was August 2012.

Interesting bit here to me:

OK, Jonny was born in 2000 (anyone know when?) and his father moved in to help take care of him for the first few months.

She lived in A House (fancy!) with her partner until October 2011 and had to leave The House for a two-bedroom flat. She resigned from ECF&RS in November 2011.

So where and when was her executive flat in this, and who was her partner - Hazel the police officer?

How was she so skint at Christmas 2011? Surely she would still have some of her last pay and possibly holiday pay accrued?
If he was born in 2000, he'd be 21 this year. He'd have to have been born in 2010.

(I know, I also hate the passage of time).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Afternoon all.
Of the many, many lies she tells, the 'stacks of bills' one will never not anger me.
It just isn't true.
6 years worth? Really? You've lived with three fiances in that time. None of them thought to open a gas bill?
To be a police officer or Head of News and Current affairs at Channel 4 or the owner of a multi million pound restaurant empire you must have some degree of intelligence and common sense.
If you don't open bills, they just keep sending them. Then you get 'red' bills with quite scary DO NOT IGNORE THIS written on the front.
I appreciate some people hide spending from partners, but Jack has an entire room for them and they are on top of a Cotswold.
Why the duck does she just lie and lie?
I mean, obviously I know the answer-is all part of the grift and is cosplay for conning people out of their money.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Googling to find receipts for the IDS story and found this in a Times article from Nov 2015. Just a receipt for her political history as she has been tweeting about it recently.

Obviously this journalist got it wrong too :rolleyes:

IMG_20210116_125741.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
For sure she helped get the word out there. But that's all she did.

She didn't need to centre herself throughout. And it already had a lot of publicity from many different quarters. All Jack contributed was anger and cheap headlines that made her seem like she was 'giving it to the man' without achieving anything.

She didn't make anyone change course, or speak directly with Chartwells.

She hasn't been able to provide an estimate of the amount of money that she will donate to Magic Breakfast from her payment for all of these media appearances.

Even if she hasnt invoiced yet, payment will have been discussed so she should be able to confidently say 'once all payments are received I will be donating the entirety of my fees for this work- X thousand pounds'

What she did do, was drop in the fact that her rent has bounced and she isn't minted, suggesting she can ill afford to give up a paycheck. So if there is ever a discussion of the donation, her squiggles will demand she takes some payment herself. At most the charity will see a nominal donation and Jack will traaaazer the rest.
All of this, Emmapism!

Here's an idea of what she might earn per appearance.

Reactions: 20
How can a reputable publication actually produce this? I have no words. How does she get away with this time and time again?

Please, someone who is rational and calm explain it.

Please.
A while ago we talked about how we don't like certain bands and songs anymore because of her, which was half-joking, but I have to say that through her authors, publications and several blue tickers have lost credibility in my eyes for backing her.
This article is a nightmare and while I used to be an avid Guardian reader (I still read it though), I get more and more frustrated in regards to its reporting. I thought criticising it was in line with right-wing propaganda lot who also want to take down the BBC but I am appaled by many articles. Nobody has to know JM inside out through forensic analysis like we do but even reading a seamingly harmless sentence such as "she has not slept for three nights" is absolutely awful. Because there is no NEED to stay awake and it does not make anyone look noble. This is not impressive. Lack of sleep is not impressive, an outcome is impressive. This is a naive teenager's view that someone qualifies as passionate for a cause by being sleep-deprived. Jesus, she is not forced to work double shifts in a hospital and she is not hiding in a war zone in a cave waiting to be discovered by the IS.
If you have a bed, don't pull up two chairs to have a nap. So again, this is all some kind of cosplay for her and it is so deeply ingrained, she does not even notice how it shows in every trivial thing she does.
My and anybody's lack of sleep does not offer anything to anyone. I could go on about every awful sentence in this piece (shan't!) but I have deliberately picked this seemingly harmless statement to make a point.
Frauen and Herren know this anyway, so don't read it as a lecture for you my Dears!

How is she getting away with it? Gosh, I don't know for sure...but we have analysed that many factors play a role. Lack of knowledge about her is one, I think and she must serve a purpose by playing this role...as a Frau said this week, she is palatable enough for the middle classes to be the face of poverty.

Edit: spelling

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Hang on is she trying to imply autistic people can't lie? Hahahahahahaha. I wish. My autistic teen son managed to convince us he wasn't eating all the KitKats so well I was convinced he was sleepwalking and eating them. Nope. He was fibbing.

• Haha
If wee smol buckaneer Jack-a-Roe is 'the most admirable person' we are ever likely to meet then dear Fraus and Herren we are all royally fucked.

• Haha
  • Sad
Hang on is she trying to imply autistic people can't lie? Hahahahahahaha. I wish. My autistic teen son managed to convince us he wasn't eating all the KitKats so well I was convinced he was sleepwalking and eating them. Nope. He was fibbing.
This is what makes me so angry- I honestly believe that she just reads stuff on Google about autism and then applies it to her own existence. The problem with this is that it turns all of us into diagnostic stereotypes instead of real rounded human beings. And the idea that she is so honest as to appear dishonest is crap. Mendacious, even. Also, that email from Peter whoever- I used to forge my own get-out-of-PE notes better than that shite.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Any takers to make the sausage recipe? If you forget about the picture it does sound one of her less repulsive concoctions

• Haha
Reactions: 22
160121 1.png

Note to Jack, disagreeing with someone's shouts into the publicly available internet is not trolling.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
The narc high is rising again this morning, wherever will this day take us?!!

Absolutely fascinating re: her old blog posts. In my (obviously speculating) mind this is how I imagine it went: Jack got job with the fire service because Daddy put in a good word for her, Jack then had a big strop in her usual Jack fashion and quit, Jack was furious with Daddy for not helping her get said job back (probably because she was a terrible employee and nobody wanted her back), which was compounded by her general fury at the fact that her parents dedicate so much of their time to these 'feral' foster children and Jack, being a pathological attention seeker, wants the focus to be just on her. Jack envies the foster children from difficult backgrounds and deduces that having a difficult life is the best way to be the centre of attention. So Jack 'shows them' by cutting them off for a bit and then making as VERY big song and dance about how poor she was to any local paper that would listen, until somehow it became national news: and thus a monster was born.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
It's all about her and full of shite.

This bit doesn't sound like her parents went hungry and calling the foster kids feral again WTF. And that we bit - ugh!

View attachment 386306
:sick::sick:
OMG!!! She talks about them as if they were animals. No dignity. If children are fostered it is for a reason, no need to go into so much detail in a newspaper. She really lacks sensitivity and she uses them to sell her story and make the family look virtous. Fostering is a good thing to do but this is somewhat counterproductive (like so many things she does). I find her appaling.

On a grunka and there seems to be much material to be upset about, having had a quick look but I am already hooting in delight that the Frauen have produced comedy gold poems once again.

Edit: spelling, as always

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I feel that, as a Level Seven Vegan, this falls to you!
I’ve done my bit with the moonshine mash and the pasta thing that I don’t remember the title of. It needs to be a non vegan in the Veganuary spirit, so I have a note from my Mum for this one. Over to you....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.