Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a lot more respect for people who make their stance clear and can explain why they have those views.
Controversial opinion 🔺️ but this is why I quite liked Katie Hopkins. I didn't agree with everything she said or the views she held but at least she wasn't afraid to say what she was thinking*.

*appreciate some of it was only to cause controversy rather than necessarily what she believed, but on the whole I think she was just a 🔔🔚 and I respect that she wasn't afraid to hide the fact.

One of my very first posts on here was in the MOD thread when they were discussing how BAME women on the maternity ward would feel knowing what she'd said about Candice (and actually, much like Jack using her ailments to end an argument, I do believe CB sometimes "brings it back to race" when race has nothing to do with whatever is going on). And I thought.. if CH was/is a racist then I'd rather know about it than not? There could have been other midwives on the wards holding similar or worse views in private.. and at least with CH you'd know where you stood 🤷‍♀️

(I do not want to get into what or who is or isn't racist btw).

Jack is a bellend but I'd respect her more if she was honest, even if I disagreed with her.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Controversial opinion 🔺️ but this is why I quite liked Katie Hopkins. I didn't agree with everything she said or the views she held but at least she wasn't afraid to say what she was thinking*.

*appreciate some of it was only to cause controversy rather than necessarily what she believed, but on the whole I think she was just a 🔔🔚 and I respect that she wasn't afraid to hide the fact.

One of my very first posts on here was in the MOD thread when they were discussing how BAME women on the maternity ward would feel knowing what she'd said about Candice (and actually, much like Jack using her ailments to end an argument, I do believe CB sometimes "brings it back to race" when race has nothing to do with whatever is going on). And I thought.. if CH was/is a racist then I'd rather know about it than not? There could have been other midwives on the wards holding similar or worse views in private.. and at least with CH you'd know where you stood 🤷‍♀️

Jack is a bellend but I'd respect her more if she was honest, even if I disagreed with her.
I’m not sure KH was honest. I think she became a parody of honesty. And, like Jack, her opinions were tailored for whatever/whoever would pay. And that led to some pretty dark places.

Reactions: 56

Who is candice?

Reactions: 4
What the actual duck?!! Like a fairy tale. Zoom tour of unopened bills!

I haven’t read the bit about the fire service not letting her rescind her resignation before. The only times I have seen that happen is when the employer really really wants a problematic employee to leave. Plenty of times I have seen good people allowed to back down after a stress induced embarrassing flounce.
I'm starting to feel like this is all just a big conspiracy, even The Guardian are in on it! The article basically just peddles Jack "I'm so poor even after a writing a load of books" narrative, providing retort for all of the big fat question marks we have about her claims, delusions and flights of fancy. When people question her story, she has a disorder that means she is sensitive to criticism. When people asked why she resigned from a well paid job when she had a child to care for, it's because her boss wouldn't allow her to rescind (although I can well bloody believe it!!)). I mean, talk about covering your arse! I bet those brown envelopes are either A) stuffed with royalties and publishing advances, B) a comprehensive bullshit filing system so that she can keep track of all of the porkies she has told, or C) they were a gift!!!
As it says in the bible, Mark chapter 7- Give me bleeping strength!!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
It's been a long grunk but I've finally arrived in the present. Jackie has used the word feral to describe foster children before 🙁 She shows herself up for the nasty tory she is with her 'us and them' rhetoric time and time again.
As a long time vegan of 20 years plus I'm very disappointed with Linda McCartney but it is true that they have always been about making products to attract meat eaters or 'meat reducers'. When I started out they were one of the very few brands offering vegan suitable foods along with Frys. I hope they drop Jackie like a hot tattie after this month and like Cactus studios, never speak of it again.
Jack must be due a crash soon, she has been non stop manic and looks genuinely exhausted. She almost got this seasoned doubter in the feels but then I only had to think of the kitten, the heating money, the racism etc. She is exhausting. Look at what she did in 2020 alone!

I'm also feeling a bit exhausted from her wheeling out her fake poverty story nonstop this last week. I think I've had it up to here with it. I spent my entire childhood in poverty as part of a marginalised group and she really has no clue of what it is like to lack decent food, heated house, clothes that fit or access to a bathroom every day for years. And then to be bullied for that, for something that can't be helped or for your accent or where you were born. She even takes her family for granted. She is lucky to have supportive loving parents instead of abusive ones. She has no clue and she really is insulting to anyone who had to grow up like this. I wonder what Marcus really thinks (please join tattle Marcus although I suspect you are too nice to do that). Sorry for the emotion cabal, sometimes she gets to me more than usual.
Jack if you are reading, please do duck off and let the people who are living this experience tell their story.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
The socks story is an old one - ' I sat and watched with a heavy heart as she stole sanitary products from the supermarket, remembering going without, or folding up a clean sock, or balling up toilet tissue on the heaviest days. I barely left the house anyway, so there was nobody to really notice'.
That was where Jack was reviewing I Daniel Blake the for the Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-blake-millions-like-me-jack-monroe-ken-loach

But in 2016 she wrote ' Like the single mum character, Katie Morgan, I had to drop out of my Open University course when because life was too chaotic and I couldn’t concentrate on it.' - quite odd for someone who already had a degree, @colouredlines?

Oh Jack watching I' Daniel Blake is probably my favourite ever episode of Jacks performative hysteria. This line gets me chuckling like IDS listening to a Jack speech every time "I’m sorry, I whispered, sloping out to punch a wall..."

• Haha
Reactions: 49
She's just an hole. She's probably complained how left how she has been so much to MR and MR being a lovely lady has fallen for it.

Hopefully now it's all kicking off she will be ignored more and they can move on and feed the kids.

Also you lovely complaining ladies. I've been thinking perhaps don't mention you have complained on here and see if you get a better response. I have a feeling she telling them when question that we are hounding her. Perhaps if possible send your response from the paper etc.

Sorry if this sounds a bit bossy but I think it might get sensible voices heard.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’m not sure KH was honest. I think she became a parody of honesty. And, like Jack, her opinions were tailored for whatever/whoever would pay. And that led to some pretty dark places.
I think she started out honest. And things went downhill when she got too "unpopular", I guess. Still, everyone knew she was a dick because she didn't cover her tracks, unlike Jack.

Who is candice?
Brathwaite. Not sure how she rose to influencer status if I'm honest.

Reactions: 13
As an aside, my mum and dad had friends in Wigan that actually knew george orwell from his time there. They didn't have a lot of nice things to say about him.
A silly little anecdotal aside, but the character Ellis was based on my Uncle's father, a vile man.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I'm starting to feel like this is all just a big conspiracy, even The Guardian are in on it! The article basically just peddles Jack "I'm so poor even after a writing a load of books" narrative, providing retort for all of the big fat question marks we have about her claims, delusions and flights of fancy. When people question her story, she has a disorder that means she is sensitive to criticism. When people asked why she resigned from a well paid job when she had a child to care for, it's because her boss wouldn't allow her to rescind (although I can well bloody believe it!!)). I mean, talk about covering your arse! I bet those brown envelopes are either A) stuffed with royalties and publishing advances, B) a comprehensive bullshit filing system so that she can keep track of all of the porkies she has told, or C) they were a gift!!!
As it says in the bible, Mark chapter 7- Give me bleeping strength!!!!!
Jack is an acceptable poor for the guardian. They wouldn't go near a genuine 'poor'. She suits their narrative and is happy to be wheeled out every so often as they support her narrative too.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
The is really, genuinely fascinating. So many interesting things that jump out of the page, such as the car parking as you yourself mentioned, the privilege of her expectations, the 'cosplay' nature being present at the very beginning of her budget cooking hobby, the sheer, mad arrogance so very early on of reading about Jamie Oliver and already, even then, having her 'feathers ruffled' that he should be asked to help out with something that she, the great Monroe, had been doing privately for 'months' - and that how this is all, still, basically the reoccurring theme of her life a full 8 years later - still privileged, still arrogant, still lacking the respect and opportunities she feels she deserves and still madly jealous, to the point of obsession, by the success of THAT MAN (and others).
It pales in comparison to her other contradictions but it’s interesting she’s so adamant about being horrified to use cage eggs while now she seems to be all about the absolutely cheapest possible meat and eggs and welfare be damned when she can sure as hell afford the best stuff.

This tweet 😀
I wonder if RM actually saw this one, as JM didn’t bother to tag her in anything.

Reactions: 31
This isn’t right...as below from @LyraBalaqua it’s Candice Braithwaite. Sorry.

She wrote the excellent I Am Not Your Baby Mother. Her tellings of mat ward experiences are tough reading.
Yes was getting very confused as I was thinking of the other Candice and then wondering why she had a tattle thread and then was thinking her and KH seem to have similar views to a degree so got very confused

Reactions: 9
Who hasn't she upset this week? So far we've got upset:
- Corbynites
- Jewish people
- Left anti Corbyns
- Peter
- Vegans
- Tattlers
- Kickstarter backers who read The Guardian

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

I'm sorry but I don't understand this post at all. It makes no sense to know what views midwives have (I have no idea who Candice or CH are) but but the fact is is five times more BAME women die in childbirth than any other group in the UK.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.