Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m beginning to realise that absolutely nothing will come of Jack’s endless lying and grifting. We see so many inconsistencies on Twitter and quick fraus can immediately pull out a receipt on here to show it’s a lie, but unless the blue tickers and squiggles come here and see it, nothing will ever happen. She’s been pushing herself in the limelight all week and instead of journalists going, “Hang on, something’s not adding up here” we get that fawning Guardian article instead.
I think she’s slowly losing a lot. She definitely gets less blue tick acknowledgment, she’s pulled out by the press for a few brief segments but nothing comes of it, and a lot of the formerly regular squiggles don’t seem to interact - or only when it’s something like the food boxes that gain some traction. The questioning around her for Lindafoods is much more than I remember veganuary getting too.

She may never explode, but I think a lot of her former devotees are seeing the light increasingly with each chaos and she’s slowly fading.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Like I've said before I really struggle when we start to talk about her family. They are not in the public eye, her father was chairman of a Fostering charity which is why they're are interviews with him about that, and in his work capacity as a fire officer.

I would imagine that it must be very hard at times keeping a dignified silence

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I'm sorry but I don't understand this post at all. It makes no sense to know what views midwives have (I have no idea who Candice or CH are) but but the fact is is five times more BAME women die in childbirth than any other group in the UK.
That’s true. And this is a truth which Candice Braithwaite (CB) explores in her book.

Reactions: 15
The Guardian article is an embarrassment and on reflection I don't think it does her any favours at all.

So much of it is dedicated to justifying and deflecting criticism. You can almost hear the "responding to tattle" subtext.

So we are on to something.

Also, scratch the surface of the article and she has done nothing concrete apart from howl into the wind and take credit for other people's work.

She has a room full of unopened bills. So what? Who bleeping cares? I know it's good to be open about struggles and mental health etc, but that doesn't mean you continue getting paid while producing the square root of kack all. There comes a time when you have to face facts.

So she cons 300+ squiggles out of a tenner a month. It doesn't satisfy her. Nothing she does makes her happy because she is empty inside and because she achieves nothing. Look at RM. It shows the power of someone authentic speaking out.

ZW and The Guardian give JM a platform because she will never challenge them or make them feel uncomfortable, so they can continue on living a pampered middle class existence without ever having to confront the reality of poverty or struggle. duck them. Platform Roadside Mum you cowards.

JM allows them to tick a box. "We paid attention to a poor!" She's so hung up on attention she will never question the reason why she gets it.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Like I've said before I really struggle when we start to talk about her family. They are not in the public eye, her father was chairman of a Fostering charity which is why they're are interviews with him about that, and in his work capacity as a fire officer.

She exposes them to the public, as part of her story. Right or wrong, they'll be discussed as theyre a constant part of her act.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Who hasn't she upset this week? So far we've got upset:
- Corbynites
- Jewish people
- Left anti Corbyns
- Peter
- Vegans
- Tattlers
- Kickstarter backers who read The Guardian
“Peter” 👏🏻😂👏🏻

Wait, but what if Peter IS real. We need to consider the serious possibility that this “Peter C” could turn out to be Peter Capaldi! Or Peter Crouch!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Just going back to this tweet of Jack’s from earlier in the week, because it made me particularly cross. It says: “It’s incredible how the very people who just a few months ago were crowing about what they could make for a quid are conspicuously absent from this whole discussion”.

BUT ... this was YOU, Jack. Wasn’t it YOU that was telling people how little you could cook meals for? Wasn’t that what the £20 shop was all about? And didn’t you crow on and on and on about how you were better at this than anyone else and could do it cheaper than anyone else?

And while we’re at it, wasn’t it US HORRIBLE NINNIES that commented at the time that this was just playing into the hands of people who would argue for political purposes that no extra money was needed to feed poor kids, they just needed to learn to cook cheap meals.

I don’t know how she has the nerve TBH.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 83
I really want it to be Peter Capaldi channelling Malcolm Tucker

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I'm probably thinking about that article more than I should but Jack really resented those foster children didn't she? Describing them as sneaking about at night and eating frozen chips makes them sound desperate as well as 'feral'. Wouldn't a hungry or deprived child go for the bread and jam or some biscuits rather than try to eat frozen food?
When she's prancing around in the night eating weird egg and fish combinations she's a greedy bleeping child goblin.
It sounds like they were very damaged children who needed care and love, which I'm sure her mum and dad gave them. What a shame Jack couldn't have been kinder when they were there. I feel it all comes down once again to having to centre herself in the centre of anything.

The eating stuff like this doesn't surprise me in the least. 20 years in education, and nothing shocks me anymore

Jack didn't talk about anyone but herself in that article.

But according to Zoe she's the most admirable person I will ever meet.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Just a thought, do you think she wrote it herself?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’ve just started watching a Netflix show called “best ever leftovers”
It’s a cheesy American show but It’s starting out quite well as the first contestant on is taking a pork tenderloin and a Greek salad and BUNGING IT IN A CURRY,

I hope they have some chippy chips soo

ETA: the second round they have leftover fries. 2 contestants are making gnocchi.
One of the judges suggests sticking in a waffle iron

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

That’s a fair point, and I wish I’d considered that when I posted speculation about them last night. JM herself gives us more than enough to talk about without bringing her family into it. Thank you for the reminder, personally it’s a line I shouldn’t have crossed x

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I don't want her to lose everything, I just want her to be just and stop trying to shoehorn her way into everything that doesn't involve her and then be be nasty to people it does have to do with.

Also not attacking fellow writers for something she thought was bad but wasn't because she was trying to jump on a bandwagon.

If she went back to her cooking and cooking well, being kind and actually helpful then I think I'd have more time for her, the chaos, nastiness and bitterness because she wants born with a golden spoon in her mouth ( I'd say silver but it wouldnt be to her expensive tastes) is ruining her. She's actually doesn't need help.

I just hope she realises this before it's too late.

I also really dispised during this last week she made it all about her and talked about fees from interviews. I get she was donating it all but I thought it was a bit tasteless how she was talking about making money whilst children were starving. I'm glad she is donating it all though because it's the right thing to do.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I'm sorry but I don't understand this post at all. It makes no sense to know what views midwives have (I have no idea who Candice or CH are) but but the fact is is five times more BAME women die in childbirth than any other group in the UK.
Sorry, when I joined Tattle there were some people in the Mother of Daughters thread who were saying how would BAME people feel if Clemmie (midwife) walked through the door after she'd said something that could be regarded as racist. And one of my first posts was to say at least the women would know where Clemmie stood with her views of BAME women (if indeed, she was regarded as racist).

I am not disputing the level of care BAME women receive is worse, that was not my argument. I was simply using that example of how I would prefer to know where I stood with someone.

If I was a BAME woman in labour would I prefer to be treated by someone you know doesn't respect you (or to be armed with the knowledge of their opinions so you can request another care professional), or someone you assume would respect you but actually does you a disservice because of their own beliefs?

A rhetorical question of course and I didn't post to cause any arguments, just to say I have more respect for people who are honest. I would rather know how somebody felt about me than be none the wiser.

Anyway, I feel like this is somewhat off topic now so I am not going to keep replying/explaining. Apologies if my post made no sense, sometimes I find it very difficult to articulate myself, I was just agreeing with the person I quoted about respecting honesty ☹

Reactions: 32
I don't want her to lose everything, I just want her to be just and stop trying to shoehorn her way into everything that doesn't involve her and then be be nasty to people it does have to do with.

Also not attacking fellow writers for something she thought was bad but wasn't because she was trying to jump on a bandwagon.

If she went back to her cooking and cooking well, being kind and actually helpful then I think I'd have more time for her, the chaos, nastiness and bitterness because she wants born with a golden spoon in her mouth ( I'd say silver but it wouldnt be to her expensive tastes) is ruining her. She's actually doesn't need help.

I just hope she realises this before it's too late.
That's the issue, though - it's impossible for her to stop all of this. It's clearly some sort of mental hang-up, like a personality disorder or low self-esteem and a need for external validation. She needs to get off social media for a while, talk to a professional, spend lots of quality time with her son, and get someone else to run her Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
That's the issue, though - it's impossible for her to stop all of this. It's clearly some sort of mental hang-up, like a personality disorder or low self-esteem and a need for external validation. She needs to get off social media for a while, talk to a professional, spend lots of quality time with her son, and get someone else to run her Twitter.
Someone posted this on the Vonny Moyes thread (a Jack-a-like loon known to Scottish Tattlers), and well...

Reactions: 22
Sorry, when I joined Tattle there were some people in the Mother of Daughters thread who were saying how would BAME people feel if Clemmie (midwife) walked through the door after she'd said something that could be regarded as racist. And one of my first posts was to say at least the women would know where Clemmie stood with her views of BAME women (if indeed, she was regarded as racist).

I am not disputing the level of care BAME women receive is worse, that was not my argument. I was simply using that example of how I would prefer to know where I stood with someone.

If I was a BAME woman in labour would I prefer to be treated by someone you know doesn't respect you (or to be armed with the knowledge of their opinions so you can request another care professional), or someone you assume would respect you but actually does you a disservice because of their own beliefs?

A rhetorical question of course and I didn't post to cause any arguments, just to say I have more respect for people who are honest. I would rather know how somebody felt about me than be none the wiser.

Anyway, I feel like this is somewhat off topic now so I am not going to keep replying/explaining. Apologies if my post made no sense, sometimes I find it very difficult to articulate myself, I was just agreeing with the person I quoted about respecting honesty ☹
You def haven’t caused any arguments! We can all say what we want, and have a chat about it, inc any divergent points of view.

That said, agree not strictly on topic so I’ll shut up now!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Exactly. I am a total lightbulb truther. Even the word lightbulb triggers the rage. I was trying to work out why it enrages me so much and I think it's because no one every challenges her on it. I mean I know it's not the biggest or worst lie she's ever told but even for someone to ask her who on earth buys used lightbulbs or how much she got for them would make me feel less like I'd gone mad. Instead everyone just nods along. Absolutely infuriating.
[
Holy tit.

Recap: she left the fire service in Nov 2011, having moved home a month before. This entry is after Hunger Hurts, after the Open House Sale, in the grip of full poverty:

View attachment 387205

Hardship is affording 725£ a month and not even having a garden. 😭😭😭

(No parking? Car truthers, have at it!)

Here's something frustrating. The initial entry in this series was deleted early - as in, before the rest of the blog was deleted - and is not archived. But the whole conceit of the very cheap recipes started out as her doing the Living Below The Line Challenge, which some of you may remember. It was quite a big thing at the time, to live on a pound a day. Apparently she set out to do it for 28 days instead of 5. In another recipe, a month earlier, she made a cake with chopped caramelised plums, brandy-soaked sultanas and chopped hazelnuts with orange zest, and a Guinness glaze.

So yeah. Poverty tourism, defined.

View attachment 387210

View attachment 387211

And finally...she always did hate That Man 🤍

View attachment 387213
if Jack sold almost everything she owned in July, what were the boxes and boxes full of?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I can't keep up with the grunkaing now that our lady has entered another prolific period of utter bleeping insanity.

Could somebody clue me in as to what she said to MR in patois or whatever?

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.