Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think they are, but they want to see their grandchild, and it's good for him to see them. Easier to say nothing then risking narc rage.
Agree. I’d imagine they all tread very, very carefully around her. Parents, SB’s dad and his family, and - very sadly - SB himself.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Holy tit.

Recap: she left the fire service in Nov 2011, having moved home a month before. This entry is after Hunger Hurts, after the Open House Sale, in the grip of full poverty:

View attachment 387205

Hardship is affording 725£ a month and not even having a garden. 😭😭😭

(No parking? Car truthers, have at it!)

Here's something frustrating. The initial entry in this series was deleted early - as in, before the rest of the blog was deleted - and is not archived. But the whole conceit of the very cheap recipes started out as her doing the Living Below The Line Challenge, which some of you may remember. It was quite a big thing at the time, to live on a pound a day. Apparently she set out to do it for 28 days instead of 5. In another recipe, a month earlier, she made a cake with chopped caramelised plums, brandy-soaked sultanas and chopped hazelnuts with orange zest, and a Guinness glaze.

So yeah. Poverty tourism, defined.

View attachment 387210

View attachment 387211

And finally...she always did hate That Man 🤍

View attachment 387213
The is really, genuinely fascinating. So many interesting things that jump out of the page, such as the car parking as you yourself mentioned, the privilege of her expectations, the 'cosplay' nature being present at the very beginning of her budget cooking hobby, the sheer, mad arrogance so very early on of reading about Jamie Oliver and already, even then, having her 'feathers ruffled' that he should be asked to help out with something that she, the great Monroe, had been doing privately for 'months' - and that how this is all, still, basically the reoccurring theme of her life a full 8 years later - still privileged, still arrogant, still lacking the respect and opportunities she feels she deserves and still madly jealous, to the point of obsession, by the success of THAT MAN (and others).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Herb plants aren't free, Jack. They cost at least a quid per plant, if not more, and you can only use a few leaves a week from each plant or it will die. They have to be fed, watered and kept on a south-facing windowsill. Unless you've got a garden and can grow a large number of plants from seed, it's probably less expensive to just buy fresh herbs.

I might add that common cultivated herbs grown on your windowsill are not "wild".

Reactions: 40
Regular readers of my posts will be aware that I am a lifelong vegetarian. What they don’t know is, I can’t afford butter. i’ve Just gone pence into my overdraft because I treated myself to a block.

Loving the early emergence of St Jack of Narc, excellent detecting Fraus and please keep posting the text so that if the links ever die, receipts are filed with the accountant 🕵️‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Holy tit.

Recap: she left the fire service in Nov 2011, having moved home a month before. This entry is after Hunger Hurts, after the Open House Sale, in the grip of full poverty:

View attachment 387205

Hardship is affording 725£ a month and not even having a garden. 😭😭😭

(No parking? Car truthers, have at it!)

Here's something frustrating. The initial entry in this series was deleted early - as in, before the rest of the blog was deleted - and is not archived. But the whole conceit of the very cheap recipes started out as her doing the Living Below The Line Challenge, which some of you may remember. It was quite a big thing at the time, to live on a pound a day. Apparently she set out to do it for 28 days instead of 5. In another recipe, a month earlier, she made a cake with chopped caramelised plums, brandy-soaked sultanas and chopped hazelnuts with orange zest, and a Guinness glaze.

So yeah. Poverty tourism, defined.

View attachment 387210

View attachment 387211

And finally...she always did hate That Man 🤍

View attachment 387213
Sweet baby Jebus! Beautiful work @colouredlines thats absolute gold.

I keep thinking I’m gonna do a full thesis on this, then I think, duck it I have ironing to do. Then I think, you hate ironing you should do it.
Then I think, you hate jack...the struggle is real! I want to out her, I want to get the ironing done, I want to read Tattle all day...I’m so tired.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Here is an archive of the Guardian article in which Jack uses the word feral to describe some of her foster siblings, in case they decide to edit it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
What are these robot pricks for? They get right on my tits- too ickle pickle cutesy poo. Why can't they do proper boxy space robots with square heads?

I keep thinking I’m gonna do a full thesis on this, then I think, duck it I have ironing to do. Then I think, you hate ironing you should do it.
Then I think, you hate jack...the struggle is real! I want to out her, I want to get the ironing done, I want to read Tattle all day...I’m so tired.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
How does she square the ‘it had a roof’ bollocks with the swanning around in Mum’s Landrover Discovery, Plymouth and Geese in a beautiful garden?
Whatever part of the area it was that the Auntie lived in, it sure as hell wasn't Mutley or off Union Street.

I work in a church school

She's a couple of years too late is she wants a faith place, we require parents to be regular attenders for a few years now, plus haven't applicators already gone in for next year?

Nb. We also have foundation places, and I only work there, I don't make the rules of how kids get places
CofE? Might work, as they generally agree to take any old Christian that applies. RC? Two years is nothing. If it's a school that people want to send their kids to, the criteria will be narrow enough to ensure their entire intake is RC from birth or one of the churches recognised by the Holy See. And the closing dates have long passed for 2021 admission.

• Wow
Reactions: 13

Mate, I gave up sex this morning to keep up, the ironing can definitely wait

• Haha
Reactions: 80
Regular readers of my posts will be aware that I am a lifelong vegetarian. What they don’t know is, I can’t afford butter. i’ve Just gone pence into my overdraft because I treated myself to a block.

Loving the early emergence of St Jack of Narc, excellent detecting Fraus and please keep posting the text so that if the links ever die, receipts are filed with the accountant 🕵️‍♀️
Got a tip jar hun? I can softly, gently donate you a couple quid.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Low welfare sausage & bacon products consistently featuring in her recipes for months on end, but you know, meat reducing. My arse. Not to mention the freezer full of 🐟🦀🦐🐳 slowly, gently getting scoffed while whipping herself up in to a frenzy over poor feral kids starving. Still, Linda herself picked her for the collab from heaven, it's what she wanted 🐤🐦😇🐷🐷🐽 snouts in every poor persons dinner
I honestly don’t think she’s eating any of the fish, because she doesn’t know how to cook it. What a bleeping waste.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
This is MY story. I knew I saw this here, I'm not on twitter. Absolute appropriating bell end

• Angry
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.