Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The article claims she's been trying to make a noise about this since March.

I know mass Tweet deleting sprees make it hard to confirm this, so here's a quick overview of what Jack's been doing since March:

* having a temper tantrum about Jamie Oliver
* grating corned beef on a car crash of a TV show
* remodelling her shed
* doing a series of hideously embarrassing Instagram lives about mayonnaise
* giving herself ill-advised haircuts
* appropriating the BLM movement
* torturing a disabled kitten
* going to Edinburgh to eat at Five Guys the second Scotland opened the border
* relaxing in a hammock
* accusing David Walliams of being a racist cokehead
* suffering from ouchy mouth
* suffering from severe burnout
* facetuning herself into a 12-year-old
* writing about how great the Queen is in the Express
* having the worst covid ever, or not

and - mostly:

* complaining CONSTANTLY about how poor she is, begging for patreons, and pretending she lives on 20£ a week's worth of food for 2 - 3 people, despite her recipes routinely featuring other ingredients that weren't in het shopping

Here's what she did about hungry children:

* started following Marcus Rashford on Twitter AFTER his campaign was a success, having never mentioned it or him before
* interviewed Marcus Rashford for GQ, making it clear she was meeting him for the first time
* lied about working with Marcus Rashford, repeatedly

Well done Guardian.
And the hellman's tit show that only we watched, she got paid handsomly for that

• Heart
Reactions: 35
These are from the same person. The first in response to Dead Linda's sausages and the second to twit Zoe's article.

1610824536180.png

1610824611230.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Got a tip jar hun? I can softly, gently donate you a couple quid.
Oh yeah I got this grift all wrong! I’m supposed to say I can’t afford it then wait expectantly for the cha-Ching to roll in. Also, it’s my parents fault and the government, I am exhausted etc send sheepos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Regular readers of my posts will be aware that I am a lifelong vegetarian. What they don’t know is, I can’t afford butter. i’ve Just gone pence into my overdraft because I treated myself to a block.

Loving the early emergence of St Jack of Narc, excellent detecting Fraus and please keep posting the text so that if the links ever die, receipts are filed with the accountant 🕵️‍♀️
I've still got some of my winter fuel discount left, how much of it do you want hun?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
I’m beginning to realise that absolutely nothing will come of Jack’s endless lying and grifting. We see so many inconsistencies on Twitter and quick fraus can immediately pull out a receipt on here to show it’s a lie, but unless the blue tickers and squiggles come here and see it, nothing will ever happen. She’s been pushing herself in the limelight all week and instead of journalists going, “Hang on, something’s not adding up here” we get that fawning Guardian article instead.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
If they open the comments then this would be spectacular to see. Alas it would end the way it always does, with smol Jack unleashing the monkeys and troll accusations. 😡
It's open on Facebook, I had to leave the page as it was so vomit inducing

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Socks?????? On an unruly labia?
The socks story is an old one - ' I sat and watched with a heavy heart as she stole sanitary products from the supermarket, remembering going without, or folding up a clean sock, or balling up toilet tissue on the heaviest days. I barely left the house anyway, so there was nobody to really notice'.
That was where Jack was reviewing I Daniel Blake the for the Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-blake-millions-like-me-jack-monroe-ken-loach

But in 2016 she wrote ' Like the single mum character, Katie Morgan, I had to drop out of my Open University course when because life was too chaotic and I couldn’t concentrate on it.' - quite odd for someone who already had a degree, @colouredlines?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Holy tit.

Recap: she left the fire service in Nov 2011, having moved home a month before. This entry is after Hunger Hurts, after the Open House Sale, in the grip of full poverty:

View attachment 387205

Hardship is affording 725£ a month and not even having a garden. 😭😭😭

(No parking? Car truthers, have at it!)

Here's something frustrating. The initial entry in this series was deleted early - as in, before the rest of the blog was deleted - and is not archived. But the whole conceit of the very cheap recipes started out as her doing the Living Below The Line Challenge, which some of you may remember. It was quite a big thing at the time, to live on a pound a day. Apparently she set out to do it for 28 days instead of 5. In another recipe, a month earlier, she made a cake with chopped caramelised plums, brandy-soaked sultanas and chopped hazelnuts with orange zest, and a Guinness glaze.

So yeah. Poverty tourism, defined.

View attachment 387210

View attachment 387211

And finally...she always did hate That Man 🤍

View attachment 387213
Christ, £725 per month? If I was paying that much I'd be out on the street in half a year - though this is probably quite cheap for her area...

Wow. Her rent when she was 'poor' is more than I have ever paid in rent. And it's more than I pay for my mortgage now. I was renting two years before Jack and never paid that much.

Am I.....poor? 😂

bleeping hell if that's the criteria are we all poor?!
Same, I thought the 400-something quid I paid for student halls monthly was a real rip-off that I could barely afford! The cheek of her implying it needs more rooms and a garden though, oml

• Heart
Reactions: 30
So basically she's got a habit of living beyond her means. I can't say I'm surprised. But that's not poverty that's stupidity.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
The disability Roadside Mum has is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so unfortunately letting someone else “do” media is quite a sensible solution for her.

Edit to add- I was pondering whether the gifting started in the days of the blog/column, because some people must have read the local paper and knew it was her. Apparently people we coming up and congratulating her in public as long ago as her blog.
And “making crafts” which she was selling bet people paid up front then received nowt Fancy!

Insert who bleeping knows pic
As someone who has CFS, I think she’s being sensible. While some people with ME/CFS could manage, the majority likely couldn’t, at least not on a regular basis.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.