Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Holy tit.

Recap: she left the fire service in Nov 2011, having moved home a month before. This entry is after Hunger Hurts, after the Open House Sale, in the grip of full poverty:

Screenshot_20210116-192043_Chrome.jpg

Hardship is affording 725£ a month and not even having a garden. 😭😭😭

(No parking? Car truthers, have at it!)

Here's something frustrating. The initial entry in this series was deleted early - as in, before the rest of the blog was deleted - and is not archived. But the whole conceit of the very cheap recipes started out as her doing the Living Below The Line Challenge, which some of you may remember. It was quite a big thing at the time, to live on a pound a day. Apparently she set out to do it for 28 days instead of 5. In another recipe, a month earlier, she made a cake with chopped caramelised plums, brandy-soaked sultanas and chopped hazelnuts with orange zest, and a Guinness glaze.

So yeah. Poverty tourism, defined.

Screenshot_20210116-192112_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210116-192142_Chrome.jpg

And finally...she always did hate That Man 🤍

Screenshot_20210116-192101_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 66
Also would it not be more expensive to waste socks as fanny pads, than to just buy fanny pads? The socks wouldn't work well, her underwear would be soiled, and she would then need to spend time and washing powder trying to unfuck them up.

Of course, she could have just nipped round the corner to Mum's and asked them to lend her a couple of quid.

Also toilet roll ! Who hasn’t used that when caught short ? My check cheaper than fecking socks ! God she’s a twit - I’ve come to the place of the poster earlier that said ‘why has no one ever questioned the selling of light bulbs ffs’ it is so beyond true it makes my head explode and that’s before I even start on the American ‘yard sale’ ! 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 42
It’s been said endlessly but I’m so shocked at “feral”. She may as well have called them freaks. I bet they’ll remove it!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Also would it not be more expensive to waste socks as fanny pads, than to just buy fanny pads? The socks wouldn't work well, her underwear would be soiled, and she would then need to spend time and washing powder trying to unfuck them up.

Of course, she could have just nipped round the corner to Mum's and asked them to lend her a couple of quid.

Also toilet roll ! Who hasn’t used that when caught short ? My check cheaper than fecking socks ! God she’s a twit - I’ve come to the place of the poster earlier that said ‘why has no one ever questioned the selling of light bulbs ffs’ it is so beyond true it makes my head explode and that’s before I even start on the American ‘yard sale’ ! 🤯
Yep in that situation I’ve used tissues or asked someone else to borrow some. SOCKS??????

• Sick
Reactions: 27
To say food poverty was ever a niche says all you need to know about the stupid, dopey idiot who wrote it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
imagine how she’d react if Annunciata had suggested using home grown herbs in cooking school box lunches?????

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I also love the bit in the article that says Jack is “heavily surveilled by the tabloid press”. What? Has anyone ever seen a pap shot of her?

Or does surveillance now mean “sometimes we report some tit she’s said on social media, but not often because no one really knows or cares who she is”.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Holy tit.

Recap: she left the fire service in Nov 2011, having moved home a month before. This entry is after Hunger Hurts, after the Open House Sale, in the grip of full poverty:

View attachment 387205

Here's something frustrating. The initial entry in this series was deleted early - as in, before the rest of the blog was deleted - and is not archived. But the whole conceit of the very cheap recipes started out as her doing the Living Below The Line Challenge, which some of you may remember. It was quite a big thing at the time, to live on a pound a day. Apparently she set out to do it for 28 days instead of 5. In another recipe, a month earlier, she made a cake with chopped caramelised plums, brandy-soaked sultanas and chopped hazelnuts with orange zest, and a Guinness glaze.

View attachment 387210

View attachment 387211

View attachment 387213
Wow. Her rent when she was 'poor' is more than I have ever paid in rent. And it's more than I pay for my mortgage now. I was renting two years before Jack and never paid that much.

Am I.....poor? 😂

bleeping hell if that's the criteria are we all poor?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Sir Matt of the Forearms was caught swearing right at the beginning of SKL this morning. Unfortunately it was only “bloody hell” rather than “ I don’t care what Twitter says, I‘m not having bleeping Monroe back”

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Regular readers will be happy to read that I’m keeping up in real time so tomorrow morning is safe 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I'm still traumatised by the godawful blended beans and pickled onion 'soup' i saw on a Facebook group. What's the obsession with pickled onions ????
I find some of the things that slimming world promotes to be questionable. I think those mugshot noodle soup things are “free” but an avocado which contains all sorts of nutrients has syns I believe. I do think jack has nicked a few things as she does the Diet Coke chicken and the carrot overnight oats amongst other things.

THAT MAN posted a really nice sounding Malaysian style sea bass recipe earlier. His joy of food is so obvious
Most mugshots are no longer free. Avocado has lots of calories/fat, hence why it is full of syns.

Lean meat and veggies are free to eat as are beans and pulses

I don't do a lot if sw recipes as I can make nicer with either the same, or less syns. The Iceland sw range is generally rank and that's being kind

Reactions: 10
No music studio or office !! I'm obviously doing all this keeping a roof (it's on a house) over my kids heads all wrong. Should have made sure I had a minstrel's gallery or mezzanine 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 42
For those interested in secondary school places, the forms needed to be in by end of October where I live. We find out in February where you are allocated.

Reactions: 18
I'm still traumatised by the godawful blended beans and pickled onion 'soup' i saw on a Facebook group. What's the obsession with pickled onions ????
Remember a month or so ago someone came on here claiming to have went to school with her? Who knows if it was legit or not, there was definitely no mention of any expulsion or scalpel theft though.
I sometimes wonder (just my thoughts, your honour), if her immediate family are in on it with her? Like at the start she quickly realised the image she‘d falsely portrayed was what got her attention, and asked them to keep quiet so she could continue to make money based on this lie?

Also, this is old news now, but I can’t believe she said she felt like a “character from Gogglebox”! They’re real people you ninny!
I don't think they are, but they want to see their grandchild, and it's good for him to see them. Easier to say nothing then risking narc rage.

Reactions: 20
Wow. Her rent when she was 'poor' is more than I have ever paid in rent. And it's more than I pay for my mortgage now. I was renting two years before Jack and never paid that much.

Am I.....poor? 😂

bleeping hell if that's the criteria are we all poor?!
Especially considering it was 2012/3 too that feels v high, I wouldn’t have spent that much on rent (and subsequent bills) from a £27k salary and that’s without a child and potential car.

Shockingly - it doesn’t really add up! And suggests some additional help from somewhere? Imagine if this decade long crusade against her parents was the result of them cutting off an allowance 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
No music studio or office !! I'm obviously doing all this keeping a roof (it's on a house) over my kids heads all wrong. Should have made sure I had a minstrel's gallery or mezzanine 🤪
Also why was the room acting as a music studio when she had just sold her guitars (plural) and piano (gifted), and poverty famously made her stop singing for years?!

Speaking of that...selling her camera was hugely traumatic, right? Because she had a photography business up and running by the end of 2012, complete with local exhibitions, so I guess she...bought a new one?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Holy tit.

View attachment 387205

View attachment 387210

View attachment 387211

View attachment 387213
I made that version of Avgolemono, back in the days before I Saw The Light. It was absolutely rank, and I followed the recipe to the letter.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.