Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How does she square the ‘it had a roof’ bollocks with the swanning around in Mum’s Landrover Discovery, Plymouth and Geese in a beautiful garden?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I can picture jack sliding into RM’s dm’s last week. Telling her how terrible it is in the public eye etc while snarfling up all the interviews like a greedy goblin....... for transparency I would like to see the fee and subsequent donation to charity.
Anything donated to charity - she will have written her name on each banknote :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I don't know lads, I think the email from Peter was real because you can't possibly fake emails.

Now that we've got that established, here's a lovely email I received from Jack herself:

a lovely email.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 134
“Back when food poverty was relatively niche”.
WTF is that supposed to mean?
Food poverty has always been with us in some form. This quote from a squiggle suggests it was some kind of novelty interest. So I think we can assume this squiggle has never actually experienced it.
That person has never read Dickens then?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Food poverty has always been with us in some form. This quote from a squiggle suggests it was some kind of novelty interest. So I think we can assume this squiggle has never actually experienced it.
I was into poverty before it was cool. 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 59
People have always gone hungry to make sure their kids eat. Get to absolute duck Jack

• Heart
Reactions: 34
'We had a house, it had a roof' reminds me of what someone was saying a while ago about middle-class celebs (I think Emilia Clarke was the example) where their go-to line was 'I/we didn't have much growing up' because they're surrounded by people who have more expensive material goods and assets than they do. I bet this is the case for Jack. From what you can read online, you can deduce without much effort that Jack isn't from a working-class background. It's insulting to people who genuinely do come from those backgrounds. I would say that the upbringing my parents have provided me and my sibling with isn't too dissimilar from Jack's, although my parents do both come from WC backgrounds. They'd be absolutely mortified and, to go even further, furious if I started spouting off in the press about 'not growing up with much' because that isn't my truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Oh this is excellent. I'd thought it was just so she could do her pious thing, but what you're saying makes a lot of sense.
I work in a church school

She's a couple of years too late is she wants a faith place, we require parents to be regular attenders for a few years now, plus haven't applicators already gone in for next year?

Nb. We also have foundation places, and I only work there, I don't make the rules of how kids get places

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Famines? In ancient times? Didn't they live near an Asda?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Meat reducer? You just made that up, didn't you...at the Linda's? Actually, probably accurate for JM. It's exactly what she'd do to some cheap, indescribable meat product - broil it into submission then sieve and simmer until it resembles nothing more than pond slime. :sick: Come on, that sounds familiar!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
That quote was from Zoe Williams!

How does she square the ‘it had a roof’ bollocks with the swanning around in Mum’s Landrover Discovery, Plymouth and Geese in a beautiful garden?
How very dare you, it was a NAVY BLUE Landrover Discovery! Oh Jack, come back on here for 5, just 5 minutes.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Greetings from the past (Wednesday). Trying to do an epic grunk and suddenly no attachments so I’ve no idea of the context of what you wonderful lot are all commenting on. I hope they’ve fixed it now as it’s no fun at all without screenshots of the chaos.

I’m recovering from Covid so these threads have really helped entertain me through the headaches. (Main symptom and not nice at all)

I may have to just forgo the thread I was on and jump into the present. :)
Edited to add: I don’t really want to as I’ll get massive FOMO. I also thought her Cain Dingle from the 90s in double denim look on BBC was a complete hoot

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.