Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be honest I reckon the apple hasn’t fallen that far from the tree and the family think it’s ok or fair enough for her to bend the truth a bit coz she’s doing some good. Especially all the Jesus stuff, probably goes down well in the church that they have a child feeding the poor, tirelessly.

Where was the executive apartment with 3 showers? Shenfield?
Despite having said they seem like caring people in the last thread (they still do seem unlikely to have left her starving or not noticed), I did wonder how much of her vile descriptions of her foster siblings came from her parents.

Seriously, I had a quick glance over it earlier and, other than mentioning RM and MR at the start, all of it seems to be about Jack the ~personality~ rather than landing any blows for any campaigning or anything.
She’s got what she wanted but it’s so... patronising. I’d be fuming if someone talked about me the way the interviewer does about Jack. It will pacify her I’m sure, but there’s a really horrible undertone from the interviewer

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Keep refreshing for cif, but no luck.

Am in two minds to write a complaint to be honest. It is just a rehash of the twitter feed of the last week. Reread the article dated in October and she mentions not opening post and anxiety about putting the pin in the card machine. Who else who be allowed to repeat a story about themselves that frequently in a national publication like the Guardian?
I was thinking about writing in too. As @Harrybosch has said, it would have taken only cursory background research to learn that Jackie is not exactly who she says she is, and does not campaign quite as tirelessly as she suggests ("howling into the wind", my arse).

• Heart
Reactions: 43
This is probably too much information but Mr Fruitjack just tried to instigate a morning session but I wouldn’t because I was still grunking through the last thread. So I ended up having to explain why these threads are so gripping and I just garbled non stop about the reasons and about Jack for 20 minutes solid, it all flew out of my mouth. Needless to say it diminished his ardour and he’s gone to make coffee with a ‘she sounds odd’ shrug
Well my abs got a good workout from this!

Guardian article is an utter shower. Lazy recycled stuff, just written like a 14 year old doing their first piece of GCSE coursework. Or, just standard writing for Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Jack's going to be going mad with the white heart emoji when she finally wakes up 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Morning Ninnies, I haven’t quite caught up yet but having just read her delightful reply to Peter, PLEASE can we have “praying for your embittered soul” in the next thread title.

Thankyou 🤍🙃🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 70
It's interesting what she blogs as examples of hardship in her twenties. I had my children in my mid twenties and live with their father (my now husband). I didn't work until they both started school and he earned 20k pa. So we were not well off at all.
- We rented until our early thirties (when I rejoined the workforce)
- We went to our parent's at Christmas until we bought a home too
- We had secondhand furniture from family, friends, and free cycle
- If we felt flush we'd buy from IKEA.
- I knitted things like blankets and cushions using poundland wool
- My sons shared a bedroom in a two bed ex council house that we rented

Now this did not feel like a massive hardship. It felt fairly normal. It also made it very easy to save a deposit when I started working.

Jack almost describes a life I'd have to give up today in those blogs. I'm in my late thirties and well off.

Also did she describe plugging in a TV aerial as though it was the height of aerospace engineering??? Jesus wept.
Agreed I don’t understand how high her expectations must be?!

She’s got a hang up about not attending university, but uni accommodation is usually grim and you go on from that to either moving back home or moving into a large house share or HMO? You’ll spend a few years growing your salary and then maybe move into a smaller flat with a mate you know isn’t disgustingly unhygienic or a boyfriend where you’ll stay for a decade+ to save for a deposit? This is a very middle class progression curve that is perfectly normal?? The only ppl I knew renting their own flat in their 20s (or even 30s tbh) worked in investment banking! Or rich kids (met through work) gifted them and even they don’t get given the sorts of property she’s after?! These are surreally large expectations?!

And solidarity comrade @Gentlemensrelish, these chaotic energy party bubbies have to sleep some time your well deserved dino nap will come to you soon I promise ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 57
TLDR : Jack hasn't slept for 3 nights, she is angry. DKL was brilliant, and she has a forensic mind because when she was a child she was diagnosed as autistic.
DKL and brilliant...2 words I never though I would see in the same sentence!

Maybe Jack actually wrote the article herself and just sent it to the journalist with a note saying 'are you aware of my body of work' and the journalist was so scared Jack would make her aware by sending her several bowls of slop, that she felt the best outcome to save her tastebuds was just to publish the piece rather than have horse spunk lasagne force fed to her.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I am sorry to keep going on about it but this article has tipped me over the edge. Just read it to Mrs Tunnel and all she could say was “it is a bit biased.”

Huh?

D.I.V.O.R.C.E.

(Or, in the words of the OTHER forum, I best get my ducks in a row.)
and a tit hot lawyer. You will need a tit hot lawyer.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
This is probably too much information but Mr Fruitjack just tried to instigate a morning session but I wouldn’t because I was still grunking through the last thread. So I ended up having to explain why these threads are so gripping and I just garbled non stop about the reasons and about Jack for 20 minutes solid, it all flew out of my mouth. Needless to say it diminished his ardour and he’s gone to make coffee with a ‘she sounds odd’ shrug
This is amazing. "Can't. On a grunka." is going straight to my linguistic poolroom.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
One thing she will hate is that photo. Maybe they should have asked to use one from her column in the DAILY EXPRESS.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
“takes me on a Zoom tour of a room where she keeps her post: six years’ worth of unopened brown envelopes, pristine and neatly stacked.”

Can’t believe she’s got a whole room where she keeps the unposted Patreons

The real disgrace in this article is that RM is described as a ‘Twitter user’.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
Oh Zoe. Minimal research would have produced a different piece.

Forgot to mention your fellow fighters there, hon. Clap back for not being invited as a co signatory? Best mate, RM? MR? No? Just you, you valiant little soldier?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.