Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going back and forth between the past and now so possibly a bit late to wonder if anyone else gets a strong Corkhill energy from the double denim? No? OK.

Thank you for the blog archives. I have so many thoughts and each time one pops into my head I see a Frau has beaten me to it, which is reassuring. I can't comprehend the unquestioning adulation that's going on. I have been patrolling my Facebook feed for any mention of how wonderful she is as a few friends have shared articles about RM's original tweet. Nothing yet, maybe everyone else is more astute than me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 49
“She is the living embodiment of the suffering that fiscal tightening causes, and also the most admirable person you will ever meet. She reminds me of Jack-a-Roe, the folksong heroine – swashbuckling, brave, sensitive, intelligent, kind. Life’s tough but she’s tougher. No government can kill the spirit, but it’s chastening to think how hard they try.”

Did her Mum write this?

• Haha
Reactions: 59
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
This is probably too much information but Mr Fruitjack just tried to instigate a morning session but I wouldn’t because I was still grunking through the last thread. So I ended up having to explain why these threads are so gripping and I just garbled non stop about the reasons and about Jack for 20 minutes solid, it all flew out of my mouth. Needless to say it diminished his ardour and he’s gone to make coffee with a ‘she sounds odd’ shrug

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 121
How many bills come in brown paper envelopes these days? I get correspondence from HMRC in brown envelopes and not a lot else. White envelopes or (maverick) online billing.

In the napping photo is she trying to pretend she’s SO tired she fell asleep in situ rather than thinking “ooh bit tired, will lay on the sofa for a bit”? 🤨

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I can’t read that Guardian piece. It’ll give me indigestion.

She coat-tailed RM and MR’s campaign to big-up her own reputation and ultimately her income. Yet she comes out as the heroine of the work by doing duck all. A triumph of style (via Twitter screeching) over substance.
Seriously, I had a quick glance over it earlier and, other than mentioning RM and MR at the start, all of it seems to be about Jack the ~personality~ rather than landing any blows for any campaigning or anything.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I have been trying desperately to grunk for days now, it’s just impossible. So much going on! But honestly, that Guardian piece this morning has driven me to the edge of reason.

Is it just plain lazy journalism, or does Jack actually have some sort of magic powers that make journalists lose their normal cynical take on things and ability to fact check or ask basic questions ????? OK, granted, in this case both the journalist in question 🙄, and the widely differing “facts” presented over the past decade do make this a tricky one....

And ovations to all those receipt catchers who’ve had to work at lightning speed ⚡ over the past week. This is the journal of truth right here.

(Am I right on thinking that there are no comments on that Guardian hagiography? But yet Tattle welcomes everyone bearing screenshots as long as they follow the basic “keep it on Tattle” rule? Hmmmm...)

Back to the grunk!

*with additional presbyterian traybake chatter. Would give anything for a pineapple delight or a big Fifteen this morning... the Proustian madeleines of a Belfast childhood ...

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Her calling hungry children feral has pissed me off - there's something very right wing\ colonialism about it - when the British (and many other European countries) took over countries they probably call all the people in that country feral.

I wanted to message Tom Kerridge to make sure they never work with her - I didn't, I think it's best they are ignoring her, if they were to come out and state she isn't working with her, she really would become the story. Her not being not of the letter should be enough.

And then there's the Saviour complex.

And ADHD - really hope someone famous with the condition does call her out for constantly using it as an excuse for her questionable behaviours

• Heart
Reactions: 60
The article claims she's been trying to make a noise about this since March.

I know mass Tweet deleting sprees make it hard to confirm this, so here's a quick overview of what Jack's been doing since March:

* having a temper tantrum about Jamie Oliver
* grating corned beef on a car crash of a TV show
* remodelling her shed
* doing a series of hideously embarrassing Instagram lives about mayonnaise
* giving herself ill-advised haircuts
* appropriating the BLM movement
* torturing a disabled kitten
* going to Edinburgh to eat at Five Guys the second Scotland opened the border
* relaxing in a hammock
* accusing David Walliams of being a racist cokehead
* suffering from ouchy mouth
* suffering from severe burnout
* facetuning herself into a 12-year-old
* writing about how great the Queen is in the Express
* having the worst covid ever, or not

and - mostly:

* complaining CONSTANTLY about how poor she is, begging for patreons, and pretending she lives on 20£ a week's worth of food for 2 - 3 people, despite her recipes routinely featuring other ingredients that weren't in het shopping

Here's what she did about hungry children:

* started following Marcus Rashford on Twitter AFTER his campaign was a success, having never mentioned it or him before
* interviewed Marcus Rashford for GQ, making it clear she was meeting him for the first time
* lied about working with Marcus Rashford, repeatedly

Well done Guardian.
God I would love to be a Guardian interviewer and ask her about even just one or two of your first list (which is to say, the reality rather than the fiction).

• Heart
Reactions: 42
The article claims she's been trying to make a noise about this since March.

I know mass Tweet deleting sprees make it hard to confirm this, so here's a quick overview of what Jack's been doing since March:

* having a temper tantrum about Jamie Oliver
* grating corned beef on a car crash of a TV show
* remodelling her shed
* doing a series of hideously embarrassing Instagram lives about mayonnaise
* giving herself ill-advised haircuts
* appropriating the BLM movement
* torturing a disabled kitten
* going to Edinburgh to eat at Five Guys the second Scotland opened the border
* relaxing in a hammock
* accusing David Walliams of being a racist cokehead
* suffering from ouchy mouth
* suffering from severe burnout
* facetuning herself into a 12-year-old
* writing about how great the Queen is in the Express
* having the worst covid ever, or not

and - mostly:

* complaining CONSTANTLY about how poor she is, begging for patreons, and pretending she lives on 20£ a week's worth of food for 2 - 3 people, despite her recipes routinely featuring other ingredients that weren't in het shopping

Here's what she did about hungry children:

* started following Marcus Rashford on Twitter AFTER his campaign was a success, having never mentioned it or him before
* interviewed Marcus Rashford for GQ, making it clear she was meeting him for the first time
* lied about working with Marcus Rashford, repeatedly

Well done Guardian.
If they open the comments then this would be spectacular to see. Alas it would end the way it always does, with smol Jack unleashing the monkeys and troll accusations. 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 46
If they open the comments then this would be spectacular to see. Alas it would end the way it always does, with smol Jack unleashing the monkeys and troll accusations. 😡
I was looking at the Guardian homepage earlier and it seems as though comments are on for just about every other lifestyle / interview piece - except for this one and the Sali Hughes makeup column 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
Keep refreshing for cif, but no luck.

Am in two minds to write a complaint to be honest. It is just a rehash of the twitter feed of the last week. Reread the article dated in October and she mentions not opening post and anxiety about putting the pin in the card machine. Who else would be allowed to repeat a story about themselves that frequently in a national publication like the Guardian?

Last edited:
Reactions: 44
I always think she appeals to people so far removed from poverty that they can't comprehend how full of tit she is.

Unscrewing the lightbulbs? Sounds rough, then you think deeper and go, "hang on a minute, no."

Socks as sanitary pads? No. I had a time of not having the money for pads when I was younger. I wadded up toilet paper from public toilets, like you do if you have a period surprise that you're not prepared for. But that doesn't sound as extreme, does it?

• Heart
Reactions: 85
I was looking at the Guardian homepage earlier and it seems as though comments are on for just about every other lifestyle / interview piece - except for this one and the Sali Hughes makeup column 🤔
Oh what a coincidence 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I can’t read that Guardian piece. It’ll give me indigestion.

She coat-tailed RM and MR’s campaign to big-up her own reputation and ultimately her income. Yet she comes out as the heroine of the work by doing duck all. A triumph of style (via Twitter screeching) over substance.
She’s a heroine to her Twitter cult and that daft journalist at the Guardian but to the real players in this saga she’s irrelevant hence no name checks by Marcus, Tom , Jamie😂😂😂😂 and no one in the government would even consider asking the opinion of an angry, stroppy ‘look at me’ fame hungry liar.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
My elderly dad thinks that the name for anyone who disagrees with him in the local paper online comments section is a troll. Same energy from Jack. And Trump, actually.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Firstly, Zoe went down in my estimation since the Guardian was paying her to keep fit for weeks on end.

Secondly, this reads like Jack’s twitter rants. Is it just me or is this not even journalism anymore?

ETA skim read to the end. Does anyone want to
do a copy and compare of the last Guardian article to see what matches?

Please, please, please let them open cif on this.
TLDR : Jack hasn't slept for 3 nights, she is angry. DKL was brilliant, and she has a forensic mind because when she was a child she was diagnosed as autistic.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Just had a look at Zoe Williams' twitter account and her last message is to Nicola Miller (who blocked Jack after triflegate), so it's not as though she doesn't have the contacts to get the other side of the Jack story.

• Wow
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.