Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me too. The best local roll shop* in South Glasgow favours a "Linda Link" for their fine veggie offerings so that's good enough for me.

*This is not a sponsored post but a sincere desire to let Weegie fraus know that Good Times Roll on Copland Rd is the best and defend Linda Links.
I love good times roll! I live round there

Reactions: 16
It's all about her and full of shite.

This bit doesn't sound like her parents went hungry and calling the foster kids feral again WTF. And that we bit - ugh!

View attachment 386306
It's amazing isn't it, that while Marcus Rashford springboards his successful campaigning by being honest about his own history of not having enough food, she sees fit to describe hungry children as 'feral'.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
As you wish. 😁
Solid gold. Thanknospaceyou very Matt much.

Zoom.jpg

One million dollars says this is her stack of unsent Patreon perks. Waiting for the beleagured post office to give her clearance to send, of course.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
Solid gold. Thanknospaceyou very Matt much.

View attachment 386318

One million dollars says this is her stack of unsent Patreon perks. Waiting for the beleagured post office to give her clearance to send, of course.
Also, if it is a six-year stack of bills, grow the duck up and pay them.

Sorry if getting bills for services you have used puts the shits up you, but you can damn well afford them. So pay them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Why has she suddenly stopped being able to spell?? She there’s no “e” at the end of lens... #pedanticlenny

I’ve enjoyed those old blogs so thanks to everyone who’s uncovered those. Very very interesting that she didn’t seem to be claiming the correct benefits (although when she was, she seemed to pin the blame on her LA when they were late/wrong). Pure speculation but I wonder if her parents perhaps looked down their nose at benefit claimants and that’s filtered down. I’ve seen an increase in the amount of people on Facebook lately who are predominantly middle-class saying they don’t see why kids should get FSM when the parents have the latest iPhone etc, so the benefit system clearly doesn’t work blah blah generalised bullshit.

Jack could do so much more good by signposting things like benefits etc as well as foodbanks - sadly people never in this position before are finding they really need this help - but as always, it’s only what benefits her she’s interested in.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Oh Zoe. Minimal research would have produced a different piece.

“Everything has a charismatic shimmer that makes you want to stand up and cheer when she lands a point”

Charismatic shimmer, new from Rimmel

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 80
I think the email from 'Peter' could well be genuine.

Because as we know, Jack loves to ever so graciously reply to emails like these but might not see DMs from people on Twitter unless they have CHARTWELLS BOX in big letters. Oh and if your email contains the words 'thrifty shades of beige' you've no bleeping chance.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
On an early morning catch up, but did anyone see the soup that Heinz made that was a mash-up of the beans and normal tomato soup?

It was marketed at Halloween in a glow in the tin and being a moron, I thought it was available everywhere.

Apparently not. It was some gimmicky insta thingy that gullible people fall for.

Of course, one could have bought a tin one each, mixed them and eaten the result.

But then...... duck this, I’m boring myself now.
Conversely, I am now very invested in eating some of this.

Also lol at Jack selling three grand's worth of tat in her early 20s. My family is aggressively middle class but I've never heard anyone in those sort of circles, especially her age, refer to Denby crockery as 'the Denby' and quite frankly if you're doing that you're probably going to think that you personally being skint is the worst thing that could ever happen to anyone ever. And vintage luggage? Get to absolute duck.

Anyway back to work.

eta: i really want tomato soup now ffs

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I hope Jack’s next book is a book of scriptures.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Give Jack a fish and she’ll bung it in the freezer.
- Sloppians 13

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
‘She is the living embodiment of the suffering that fiscal tightening causes’

‘She doesn’t really look after herself, which makes you feel quite protective’

Out of the mouths of lazy journalists. This article will be read today by thousands, and is a living embodiment of why she’s still seen as the poster girl of poverty.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Jettison.jpg

Here we go gathering receipts etc. I wonder if this will last longer than 5 minutes. Also, I wonder if anything she's done so far has moved the 'eradicating poverty' needle at all?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 50

Out of the mouths of lazy journalists. This article will be read today by thousands, and is a living embodiment of why she’s still seen as the poster girl of poverty.
Again, she’s spoken about as if she’s a teenager. She’s 32!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Firstly, Zoe went down in my estimation since the Guardian was paying her to keep fit for weeks on end.

Secondly, this reads like Jack’s twitter rants. Is it just me or is this not even journalism anymore?

ETA skim read to the end. Does anyone want to
do a copy and compare of the last Guardian article to see what matches?

Please, please, please let them open cif on this.
The piece is no better than the one about her calling Boris a liar in the Express. Zero fact checking. It's embarrassing.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

I am sorry to keep going on about it but this article has tipped me over the edge. Just read it to Mrs Tunnel and all she could say was “it is a bit biased.”

Huh?

D.I.V.O.R.C.E.

(Or, in the words of the OTHER forum, I best get my ducks in a row.)

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Me too, it was taught as correct when I was at school. Also had to have one before 'because' and never, on pain of red pen, before 'and'!
Haha, I'm not saying it's unheard of, I love a comma, just an interesting coincidence ☺

Not gonna lie though, would love it if you were her in disguise. Faking a life as a sheep wrangler to hang out here? 10/10 commitment.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.