Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Montrachet

Chatty Member
Wow. Just got round to watching this. I thought this eejit was in the midst of writing a poverty tome yet can't answer a simple question like "what practical measures would you like to see" and instead waffles crap for minutes, and no Jack, sorry, vouchers are a sticking plaster not a long term solution to poverty!

My god BBC get a grip and stop booking this fool!

Tom Kerridge stated on ITV less than an hour later (possibly paraphrasing) "There are enough people running around waving their hands in the air, this requires a long-term, carefully planned solution." No idea if her rants are even on their radar, but she is clearly seen as a rather pathetic joke at MR HQ.

Stop trying to make double denim happen. You look like Shakey.

I was getting more of a 'Wired for Sound' vibe from the hair and glasses..

1610726564852.png

1610726676001.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84

Scarletfever

VIP Member
It's amazing to me that she doesn't get that shrieking brain farts on twitter is not activism and helps no-one. I partly blame her half wit stans who mindlessly cheer everything she farts out and the media who once gave her a platform.

She was not asked to sign the letter because she does nothing and contributes nothing. The level of discourse on her twitter is embarrassing. "We should sack the government and give all their salaries and expenses to the poor!" "YES JACK YOU ARE A GENIUS YOU SHOULD HAVE BABIES WITH MARCUS RASHFORD AND BECOME QUEEN OF THE WORLD" (Jack clicks "like" on this tweet and replies "thankyou")

Her "I'm so tired" thing is disgusting. I am actually sickened by her. Firstly trying to profit off #thunderclapforcarers which she ditched at the earliest opportunity because it's all a mere diversion for her, then tearing the spotlight away from ACTUAL FAMILIES RELIANT ON FSM AND FOOD HAMPERS. I just can't believe she is allowed to get away with this shit. Search @bootstrapcook and "tip" on twitter if you want to feel the rage.

I remember years ago there was a point made about "white women's tears" by black people in anti racism spaces. And how difficult conversations on white privilege or racism would get derailed by white women weeping about how attacked they felt and how they weren't racist and how sad they felt to be accused of having white privilege, and then the spotlight would be on them and their feelings and everyone would focus on comforting them instead of dealing with the issues. I prob haven't explained it well, but it was about weaponising your status as a delicate fragile person to become the centre of attention (me-railing if you will). This is what Jack does and how she manages to continue tricking squiggles and gaining their sympathy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 82

I’MBUSY!

Chatty Member
So...he does acknowledge people on Twitter. He just elects not to acknowledge the Grifter.

Wise chap.

1610738902338.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81

Hollaaa

VIP Member
I think @holliebollie has called it up thread and there has been a lot of breadcrumbing of the forever house 🤮 being just around the corner.

It reminds me a lot of the £20 shops in the way Jack underpins the Tory bootstrapping ethos, that even if you have 'nothing', to the point where you are shaking that tip jar/begging bowl, you can still buy a house and live happily ever after if you just try a little bit harder.

If she had any comprehension of how poverty actually works, she'd know that many of us with mortgages partly or fully paid off live in complete fear of the roof being damaged in a storm, the washing machine going on fire while we're out, losing work through becoming disabled or living with a condition that takes years to refer, investigate, diagnose and treat, giving up work to care for an elderly relative, or having to leave your job because they've changed your hours (oh wait a minute...), because all of those things can take away the financial security that you think you have in your forever home, in an instant. Costs associated with home ownership don't magically evaporate once you've planted your stupid flower in the garden.

• Heart
Reactions: 80

HarderFaster

VIP Member
Was just coming over here to post this. Not even in the top 30 UK trends.

It’s a source of amusement in my office that I’m not a completer-finisher and since I’ve been able to blame in on a neurological condition you can bet your arse I wheel it out whenever I haven’t submitted work in time, but one week, Jack? One measly fucking week of “activism” that you completely abandon as soon as you find something which gets you more likes? Fuck’s saaaaaaaake.

The thing is they’re strongly interrelated issues: there are plenty of workers in the NHS (generally much overlooked HCAs, cleaners and porters) whose kids will be entitled to FSM. The thunderclap could, in theory, lead to improved conditions which takes them out of this endless process of disappointments by an inept government.

I just don’t know how she can flaunt this supposed left wing campaigner status when she has absolutely no concept of structural factors in poverty. She’s lazy, she’s thick, she’s utterly self-serving, yet somehow people think she is changing the world. Infuriating.

• Heart

Toastandjam

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just have to say, FFS JACK, SHUT UP!!!!!!!! The pitiful ‘I’m so tired’ tweet has pushed me over the edge!

• Haha
  • Heart

HarderFaster

VIP Member
Agree with @heretoreaditall2019 et al - what she’s doing here is whipping up panic with no solution or thought for people who this actually affects. February half term is still over a month away. Yes, that is relatively short notice, as per everything these Tory shitstains have done during a national crisis 🙄 but there is still time to seek help before the kids are off again.

Maybe this is peak concern trolling but I wish that someone sensible in her life (Rosemary? Brexit Tin Thief? lol nah) would talk to her about these open DMs and purported inbox of people asking her about benefits and help, because it’s a potential safeguarding nightmare. I think it’s likely that she’s lying and nobody is in touch with her; she just wants to look like she is the busy beaver behind the scenes while the glitzy celebs write open letters.

However if it is actually the case that vulnerable people are messaging her for help, she’s in no way qualified to or capable of providing support. I’m genuinely worried that someone will be put at risk by mistaking her giant ego for kindness and not seeking the right avenues because she won’t signpost them, like @jenny2603 said.

Reading that old blog where she buys into the whole “benefits as a last resort, must get a job” Tory bootstrap bullshit is yet more proof that she’s subconsciously dismissive as fuck towards benefit recipients. People need a better ally.

• Heart

Geetbo

VIP Member
Not to bring the mood down but I really really hope SB is at his dads this week.

• Heart
  • Sad

WitTank

Well well well, look what we have here:

https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...-whistlestop-tour-of-how-to-fk-up-everything/

In the above link from May 2012, Jack mentions the following:
  • She talks about being in the public eye, meeting Ed Miliband and the difference her blog is making. She talks of being stopped in in the street by complimentary and supportive strangers.
  • She mentions leaving the fire service in November 2011. I assume she had 9 months maternity leave; does anyone know when her son was born?
  • In the spring of 2012, she had at least two jobs: one in a pub for about a month, which she left because the hours she needed to work would have affected her working tax credit and housing benefit;
  • And one in a coffee/art place for 12 days, before she was sacked from the job trial, for reasons unknown. She agonises over what these reasons might be, including her social awkwardness.
  • She mentions she's trying to live on £1 a day.
  • The job hunt continues.
  • Most importantly, she says this: "I won’t stop until I am in a stable job that fits around my son, to prove to myself and every other single mother out there that it is worth it. Our Government says that being in work pays. You only have to flick back a few posts or to any highlighed in red to see the hell that I have put myself through in order to attempt to believe that tired old phrase. I could stay off work, claim my Housing Benefit, Child Support, Child Tax Credit, Income Support and Council Tax Benefit but I’m not going to. My small boy, aged only two, knows ‘Mummy work’ and knows he goes to ‘Sammys house’ because ‘Mummy work.’ Mummy work. Mummy will work, son. Mummy will set you a good example and Mummy will bring home the bacon, and Mummy will not stop documenting her hell-in-a-handcart journey until she can pay all of her bills, including accumulated debts since November, and prove that there is an end in sight. If I stop here, I have been beaten by a system. I dislike being beaten by anything, but especially dislike being beaten by a system."

So she purposefully held off on going on benefits, out of pride. Reason #83 why her "poverty" was a choice.
Also, I'm pretty sure that at some point in 2012 she got a steady job writing for a local paper. So The Poverty was less than a year, with some periods of employment.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 79

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
“I’m so tired”

Oh do fuck off and go and have a sleep. There are people doing twelve hour shifts in hospitals, physically and emotionally running on fumes, they’re tired, they can’t stop until the end of the shift. You can stop anytime you like, just close Twitter, no one cares, if you stop no one will die and no one will suffer.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78

jenny2603

VIP Member
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78

ShondyLife

Chatty Member
This is a thinking persons thread, its like no other on Tattle, you are all intelligent and just seeking the truth.

So far I have established that Jack is a blatant narcissist, wants to be hero worshipped and creates her own truth/narrative I hope thats correct? :)

I love your work you fine people, keep it coming :)

• Heart
Reactions: 77

SoulRebel

VIP Member
Is anyone else a bit weirded out that Jack has bought herself an auto cue, almost, as if, she thought she'd be called upon to address the nation? 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77

colouredlines

VIP Member
It's self indulgent shite. I could just about forgive her if any of it was actually achieving anything but it's just impotently screeching into the void cheered on by a chorus of halfwits. Almost everyone sympathetic to the issue of child poverty thinks the Tory government are awful, the bit we're trying to get to is how to push them towards being less awful so children at least get fed now. There is a much bigger issue around school food that needs addressed which is where Marcus Rashford, THAT MAN and co are going with the issue but that is years of work. Even a good sympathetic government who acknowledged the problem would need time to draw up and implement a policy.

Speaking of THAT MAN his school dinners campaign ended with the government pledging an additional £280 million to school food provision. It hasn't solved the all the problems by any stretch but it was a decent step forward and it's not even his life's work. Jack seems to think she has a right to be in his position so perhaps she could highlight some of her achievements so we can compare.
THAT MAN has been a hands-on, effective campaigner for decades. I remember the documentary about Fifteen when I was a teen - then there was the school meals campaign, and all that followed. Because he's been focused on this area for so long, he probably has a very good idea of the practicalities of the issue, rather than "open the kitchens mid-pandemic for lukewarm tupperware takeaways"

He's taken a hell of a lot of shit over the years, but he's clearly very passionate about what he does. He also doesn't get into Twitter slanging matches with people, and isn't involved with partisan politics. The ideal choice for this campaign TBH.

Disclaimer: I'm not much of a fan, I don't particularly care for his TV style, and I have plenty of friends who would lynch him for crimes against paella. I did buy one of his cookbooks recently though, because a friend kept posting pics of the recipes (and because fuck Jack Monroe)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76