Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched the video.

It’s like a terrible Year 10 project. She’s reading what she wrote already! Surely if she’s that knowledgeable and passionate (and this is allegedly her area of expertise) she could speak for 30 second without cue cards? I know in my area of expertise I could do anything from half a minute up to an hour without prep and without needing to read it from somewhere.

Her eyes are as creepy as her quoting Jesus. And he final delivery of the catchphrase is cut short!

All in all, 3/10.
Ooh, that’s a shame cos the pass mark was 4. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 28
First, has it only been a few days since she was reaching out to Garden Twitter because she can't keep plants alive?

But also, the BBC interviewer asks her directly about what practical measures she wants to see. She responds with a lengthy ramble about doing a recce to uncover the causes of poverty. Practical measures, Jack! The question was right there in front of you! Maybe she should become a politician after all...
Literally surprised she didn't suggest sacking the govt and giving all the money from their salaries and expenses to the poor 😢

• Haha
Reactions: 26
1) not fully caught up yet, but one of JM's many fans has complained to the Guardian's letters page about her not being given credit. Flying monkeys indeed.
Her dingbat defenders will only contribute to her demise, especially when they're denigrating the work of someone like Rashford.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
1) not fully caught up yet, but one of JM's many fans has complained to the Guardian's letters page about her not being given credit. Flying monkeys indeed.

2) we had our own government scandal akin to the Belgian government crisis when HMRC started "data matching" tax credit claims to Experian credit records. Thousands of people had their benefits stopped. Including one lady whose benefit claim was suspended because they thought she was "living together as a couple" with the shop downstairs, and another whose suspected undisclosed partner was her brother. Where was our Mackie then?
Her fans are absolute cranks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I think @holliebollie has called it up thread and there has been a lot of breadcrumbing of the forever house 🤮 being just around the corner.

It reminds me a lot of the £20 shops in the way Jack underpins the Tory bootstrapping ethos, that even if you have 'nothing', to the point where you are shaking that tip jar/begging bowl, you can still buy a house and live happily ever after if you just try a little bit harder.

If she had any comprehension of how poverty actually works, she'd know that many of us with mortgages partly or fully paid off live in complete fear of the roof being damaged in a storm, the washing machine going on fire while we're out, losing work through becoming disabled or living with a condition that takes years to refer, investigate, diagnose and treat, giving up work to care for an elderly relative, or having to leave your job because they've changed your hours (oh wait a minute...), because all of those things can take away the financial security that you think you have in your forever home, in an instant. Costs associated with home ownership don't magically evaporate once you've planted your stupid flower in the garden.

• Heart
Reactions: 80
I hate the way she promotes herself as somebody with no self control, who can't but help 'lose her rag' on live TV. She really thinks this is what makes her a good activist, isn't it? Actually, a good activist is somebody who prepares, lays down the facts calmly and reasonably, and doesn't gesticulate vaguely to the 'hundreds of messages' of hearsay and hyperbole. By all means, get angry on the picket line; get angry at the protest march! But on TV you just come across as a raving loony. And the worst thing is, her 'anger' doesn't even come across as genuine. She's just shaky and fake sounding 😫
Its as if she thinks she's Geldof shouting "just give us the bleeping money"

• Haha
Reactions: 48
If any Tory MPs are reading here can I appeal to you to respond as follows under Jacks Boris is a liar tweet as follows "Yeah well at least Boris knows the difference between a glove and a pigeon". It won't make me like your politics or vote for you but I will refer to it and say "fair play- that was pretty funny".

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Lol, I don't think bojo cares if he's called a liar, he's been called alot worse by more important people, I don't think he will be putting thot shots of himself in is old stretched y fronts later for likes. Then again perhaps he will.

She's completely and utterly lost all sight of what the cause is. This is just her putting her middle finger up to the pm and his minions.

There is and has been so many better ways to address this and she's has been part of none of it. She's not helped, she's just creating chaos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
News desks scrabbling to be the first to break "cookbook author says Boris Johnson is being disingenuous on live TV"

filthandfury.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Lol, I don't think bojo cares if he's called a liar, he's been called alot worse by more important people, I don't think he will be putting thot shots of himself in is old stretched y fronts later for likes. Then again perhaps he will.
This image may never leave me.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34

2) we had our own government scandal akin to the Belgian government crisis when HMRC started "data matching" tax credit claims to Experian credit records. Thousands of people had their benefits stopped. Including one lady whose benefit claim was suspended because they thought she was "living together as a couple" with the shop downstairs, and another whose suspected undisclosed partner was her brother. Where was our Mackie then?
"Jack Monroe worked tirelessly to gather written and photographic evidence and get permission to use the photographs"

Worked tirelessly? She put out a tweet and people sent her pictures, unverified and unsubstantiated. Where is this tireless work they speak of? It took all of a minute to send the tweet, and what has she "tirelessly" done with those photographs? Retweeted them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
This does baffle me. I definitely don't get the full nuance of English accents, but to me she does sound generally Essex/Estuary and not particularly posh. Granted the only English people I can imagine saying "Mama" with a straight face are landed gentry pre-1930, so I may be approaching this a touch bluntly 😂
I'm from London (🔺) and call my mum 'mama', though I didn't start until I was about 8 or so. I started because that's what she calls her mum and I thought it sounded nice. As a younger child, she was 'mummy'. My dad is 'Papa', which is what he always called himself.

She probably just stole it from Allegra because she liked the sound of it, as she does with every part of her life.

Reactions: 26
And does she want a bloody prize? She went to work in a shop. Bravo, Monroe! Lots of people do.

What's that you say? There's more? No degree, blah blah no feet on ladders blah blah no family business to inherit? Oh my GOD, you BRAVE LITTLE SOLDIER! That's just you and most of the population, then.

She's really tired, folks.

View attachment 384324
No business what happened to the tenner guesthouse. I was looking forward to visiting after pandemic.
If this is one of her lies! I was looking forward to treating myself and staying 3 and a half days. I only pay myself the living wage you see the rest I buy fur coats and fake degrees

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.