Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She does this all the time. A while back she was droning on about people getting their water and energy cut off giving the impression that there's nothing you can do about it when in fact there are quite strict rules about when this can happen and a lot of help available to empower people to challenge it and/or negotiate repayments to avoid it happening. She seldom promotes any advice service and never suggests people get their benefits checked to ensure they're maximising their income (there are millions of pounds in benefits sitting unclaimed). Nor does she promote any of the charitable grants out there than provide one off/short term help for people struggling. It's like she wants people to be poor and frightened, feeling like they have no way out which is both sick and dangerous.
Absolutely this - she offers no hope or positivity to people, no constructive advice or signposting them to sources of help. She's actually depressing to read. I limit the amount of news that I read, particularly in Corona times, because of the depressing doom and gloom scaremongering that gets put out in the media. It's not healthy to soak that tit up all the time you know? The crap that Jack spouts is exactly like that, you'll either get angry reading it or feel even more hopeless. She does nothing proactive to help people in difficult and frightening situations. Worse than that, she's detrimental to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
If you were genuinely poor and following her, things would seem so bleak. No benefits ever available, all food boxes are tit, and 100s of DMs from people in abject misery. Not a glimmer of hope in sight...

...and to top it off, if you did escape from the poverty trap, you'd still have your rent bouncing years later and be living off slop for 20£ a week.

The only constructive suggestion I've ever seen her make is "buy my book for food banks". Hmm...
Exactly, I won't distress anyone by spelling out the worst case scenario of where that kind of despair can lead but it absolutely does not need to be as bad as she makes out.

There is so much useful work she could do with her massive social media presence if she wasn't obsessed with centering herself in everything. I just wish her parents would sell one of their properties and buy the whining twit a forever home so she'd shut up and stop trying to ruin peoples lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

I have definitely missed something.

I haven't seen anyone say to her you must work 10000 hour days. I have seen anyone overwork themselves. The rest have worked together threw out concise information, contacted the right people and carried on.

She's done it all to herself, because she keeps wanting to be involved, hoping to pick up something they have missed.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I'm sure I posted in this thread last night, weird...

Are the Wikis back to normal? The Jack Monroe wiki had more recent edits that have disappeared.

Reactions: 1
Exactly, I won't distress anyone by spelling out the worst case scenario of where that kind of despair can lead but it absolutely does not need to be as bad as she makes out.

There is so much useful work she could do with her massive social media presence if she wasn't obsessed with centering herself in everything. I just wish her parents would sell one of their properties and buy the whining twit a forever home so she'd shut up and stop trying to ruin peoples lives.
She's so against other people having being given a leg up. But she's said that she wants to make more money for her forever home, but also to help SB for a deposit for his own future home. Nothing weird about that, it's a normal parental instinct to want to help one's children if one can. But will he suddenly be worth less in her eyes because he was given something he didn't earn? Based on her rantings, he should be.

Reactions: 37
She sees the attention on those boxes drifting away. She'll be annoyed about that letter and how there's more focus on MR than her. That's why she's getting outraged on this fuel stuff - she's trying desperately to keep the attention on her.
I agree, I think she can see that barging her way into the FSM campaign hasn't gone as she'd hoped, and she isn't going to be included as an equal key campaigner. So she'll be looking for the next bandwagon now, where she can be at the top and centre. She's not interested in activism for any campaign where the spotlight won't be on her, which is another reason why we know the "behind the scenes" work is horseshit.

Reactions: 55
The sheer pigheadedness of her flying monkey brigade is astonishing. Left wing account with large following who I SSed the other day still getting told off last night despite never mentioning Jack by name and the brouhaha being long done with. Sorry for slight confusion but they both thread tweets as replies:

DE2BEB82-6053-41B8-97B4-C6C13C238442.jpeg

The way they snitch tag Jack in is just astounding: are they trying to upset her or do they just enjoy seeing her intervene in that weird mode she goes into which is simultaneously attack dog and victim? Must say, though, “I retracted nothing” is hilarious and more conviction than JM herself will ever show.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Is anyone else a bit weirded out that Jack has bought herself an auto cue, almost, as if, she thought she'd be called upon to address the nation? 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Ugh, she's so silly, we could say the same of her income she gets for being a tit cook and presenter.
Yeah I'm fairly certain no one becomes an MP because it's easy money, and it's not like you can just turn up at Parliament and sign up on the spot. You have to campaign and win votes and then work very hard. Obviously there will always be one or two people who don't work as hard as others, as there is in every workplace (in jack's case, it's her). The salary and benefits reflect the high stress level of the job.

My friend's dad has been our local MP for years and he was rarely at home when we were kids because he was always working, working, working (He also happens to be one of the better MPs)

I'm surprised Jack doesn't have more respect for MPs, given that she gave up running because it all got too hard for her, only a couple of months into her campaign (I think?). I imagine she would have crumbled under the pressures of the job if she had got it and would have been grateful to unwind in yhe champagne bar for a few (non-alcoholic) drinks after work.

View attachment 384243

She just loves the idea that people are being left out and would prefer to create her own narrative. (And yes, this country has a massive problem with child poverty, but selectively tweeting council websites and not giving all information because it fits your ranting is not helping Jack).

Now, I do get the point that if you are newly in need of support you need good signposting etc. But for Jack it's about being hero Jack, right?
It's quite dangerous that she's spreading so much misinformation to her gullible audience and encouraging them to 'stay angry' after the problem has been resolved. No wonder the Key Campaigners want nothing to do with her. I hope her council get in touch and tell her to pipe down.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

I have definitely missed something.

I haven't seen anyone say to her you must work 10000 hour days. I have seen anyone overwork themselves. The rest have worked together threw out concise information, contacted the right people and carried on.

She's done it all to herself, because she keeps wanting to be involved, hoping to pick up something they have missed.
It's self indulgent shite. I could just about forgive her if any of it was actually achieving anything but it's just impotently screeching into the void cheered on by a chorus of halfwits. Almost everyone sympathetic to the issue of child poverty thinks the Tory government are awful, the bit we're trying to get to is how to push them towards being less awful so children at least get fed now. There is a much bigger issue around school food that needs addressed which is where Marcus Rashford, THAT MAN and co are going with the issue but that is years of work. Even a good sympathetic government who acknowledged the problem would need time to draw up and implement a policy.

Speaking of THAT MAN his school dinners campaign ended with the government pledging an additional £280 million to school food provision. It hasn't solved the all the problems by any stretch but it was a decent step forward and it's not even his life's work. Jack seems to think she has a right to be in his position so perhaps she could highlight some of her achievements so we can compare.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Sorry if it's been said, but she contracted to pay rent at an agreed amount on a set day per month and has failed to deliver on that for 6 months (alledgedly). I don't for a moment think she's in 6 months' arrears, but I wouldn't baulk at the thought of her paying late for 6 months on the trot.
I don’t believe this either, it’s another beg. If she has fallen behind though she’s going to find it hard to rent again, particularly as she’s splashed it all over Twitter. I think the next move will be a house she’s bought.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I am absolutely living for screenshots of 2012 Jack blog posts so decided to do some digging on my own (I can't quite remember life before being on part-time furlough, but I definitely didn't have this much time to dedicate to honing my detective skills)

I have managed to excavate an extremely important historical artefact - an ancient scroll from 2012 that one could consider to be origin of the 'and then everybody clapped' meme

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 10.53.02 am.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 75
I was hesitant about sharing this one, because I don't want it to become the new born in 1978. Jack clearly does not secretly have a degree. Instead, I present this purely as evidence of her being a compulsive liar (and one who clearly thinks she's better than pub work, despite famously being qualified to do duck all):

View attachment 384227
She’s a bit late to the party (as always lol) but her age group graduated into a recession, there was huuuge graduate unemployment and it was a real thingTM at the time, I was just entering uni and remember being shooketh at it. By 2012/3 it was on the mend, but the idea of working service jobs with a degree was a very of that time problem, imagine a lot of the MC parents who funded these degrees being aghast their baby was having to work in Costa. At least her core audience has always remained the same 😂

ETA - this is brief but that’s not me saying I think ppl w degrees shouldn’t be working service jobs. But that’s an essay we’d all be in agreement w so won’t write xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
It's self indulgent shite. I could just about forgive her if any of it was actually achieving anything but it's just impotently screeching into the void cheered on by a chorus of halfwits. Almost everyone sympathetic to the issue of child poverty thinks the Tory government are awful, the bit we're trying to get to is how to push them towards being less awful so children at least get fed now. There is a much bigger issue around school food that needs addressed which is where Marcus Rashford, THAT MAN and co are going with the issue but that is years of work. Even a good sympathetic government who acknowledged the problem would need time to draw up and implement a policy.

Speaking of THAT MAN his school dinners campaign ended with the government pledging an additional £280 million to school food provision. It hasn't solved the all the problems by any stretch but it was a decent step forward and it's not even his life's work. Jack seems to think she has a right to be in his position so perhaps she could highlight some of her achievements so we can compare.
Nominating

Jack Monroe #135: Impotently screeching into the void cheered on by a chorus of halfwits

as an early contender for our next thread title.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Hahaha the squiggles are all asking her to do a self care Saturday and turn her internet off for the weekend 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 They must be new.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I am absolutely living for screenshots of 2012 Jack blog posts so decided to do some digging on my own (I can't quite remember life before being on part-time furlough, but I definitely didn't have this much time to dedicate to honing my detective skills)

I have managed to excavate an extremely important historical artefact - an ancient scroll from 2012 that one could consider to be origin of the 'and then everybody clapped' meme

View attachment 384354
That's hilarious!!!

I would like to know how if a two year old SB said Mummy, why a ten year old SB says Mama.

• Haha
Reactions: 58

View attachment 384354
First of all-never happened.
Secondly- This is all you've got Jack? Seriously, making sacrifices for your kid and this is all you came up with?
God knows what she would do if she had to do some real sacrificing for her child.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
That's hilarious!!!

I would like to know how if a two year old SB said Mummy, why a ten year old SB says Mama.
He definitely called her mummy in the infamous bread and jam story too. Also another clue as to why Jack has no friends. Please don't try and palm off your toddler's crappy drawings onto me plz.

(No offence to SB. All toddler's drawings are crappy to anyone but their parents.)

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.