Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a genuine question.
Jackie says on her twitter biog she has an agent, United Agents.
So if they represent her, why is she organising all these media slots herself and howling at the moon when they fail? That's what your agents do, plus media training too...
...and also a lot of the info on that page is way out of date too. How many chaoses has she done since then. About a billion if these threads are anything to go by.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
This is a thinking persons thread, its like no other on Tattle, you are all intelligent and just seeking the truth.

So far I have established that Jack is a blatant narcissist, wants to be hero worshipped and creates her own truth/narrative I hope thats correct? :)

I love your work you fine people, keep it coming :)

• Heart
Reactions: 77
Thanks for clearing that up, I have wondered for a while!
If she had a manager, all media requests would go through them and they could advise on the best opportunities, ones that make sense and will help further her career instead of her setting it on fire.

They’d also manage her social media strategy. Just imagine 😂

...and also a lot of the info on that page is way out of date too. How many chaoses has she done since then. About a billion if these threads are anything to go by.
United Agents are an absolutely MASSIVE global company. They have thousands of clients across lots of entertainment industries.

She is absolute small fry for them, hence the out of date bio.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
View attachment 384243

She just loves the idea that people are being left out and would prefer to create her own narrative. (And yes, this country has a massive problem with child poverty, but selectively tweeting council websites and not giving all information because it fits your ranting is not helping Jack).

Now, I do get the point that if you are newly in need of support you need good signposting etc. But for Jack it's about being hero Jack, right?
She does this all the time. A while back she was droning on about people getting their water and energy cut off giving the impression that there's nothing you can do about it when in fact there are quite strict rules about when this can happen and a lot of help available to empower people to challenge it and/or negotiate repayments to avoid it happening. She seldom promotes any advice service and never suggests people get their benefits checked to ensure they're maximising their income (there are millions of pounds in benefits sitting unclaimed). Nor does she promote any of the charitable grants out there than provide one off/short term help for people struggling. It's like she wants people to be poor and frightened, feeling like they have no way out which is both sick and dangerous.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
If she had a manager, all media requests would go through them and they could advise on the best opportunities, ones that make sense and will help further her career instead of her setting it on fire.

United Agents are absolutely MASSIVE. They have thousands of clients across lots of entertainment industries.

She is absolute small fry for them, hence the out of date bio.
But if she was serious about her 'career' she would ensure it was up to date?

Reactions: 19
Please forgive me if this is explained elsewhere but as a relative newcomer to the Saga of JM, how did she justify having the funds for a legal case against Katie Hopkins a few years ago? Was she still doing the woe-is-me-I'm-poor thing a few years ago? Did her legal team miraculously work for free on the immutable goodness and tireless peach curry campaigning side of left-wing right-wing Monroe?

Reactions: 21
Please forgive me if this is explained elsewhere but as a relative newcomer to the Saga of JM, how did she justify having the funds for a legal case against Katie Hopkins a few years ago? Was she still doing the woe-is-me-I'm-poor thing a few years ago? Did her legal team miraculously work for free on the immutable goodness and tireless peach curry campaigning side of left-wing right-wing Monroe?
Yes, it was no win no fee.

She wrote this in 2012, long before she became Dr Jack Monroe.
That’s Dr Dr Jack Monroe. ThankYOU.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Thankfully I’ve still got all my receipts :coffee:
Dunno where this will land, I cannot catch up, don’t know what thread I’m meant to read next and none of the screenshots posted on previous threads are currently working so I have no idea what’s going on, but this has just made me DIE 💀 😂 cannot stop laughing

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
But if she was serious about her 'career' she would ensure it was up to date?
Yes, it’s interesting, isn’t it?

What it says to me is that she doesn’t have a great relationship with her agent. And I can’t imagine she’s a particularly lucrative client. But again, if she has management, this is something we would be on top of. Making sure that all publicly available information and contact details were up to date.

Or it could simply be that her Twitter bio is a the only one she really cares about as that’s what the majority of people will see.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
She does this all the time. A while back she was droning on about people getting their water and energy cut off giving the impression that there's nothing you can do about it when in fact there are quite strict rules about when this can happen and a lot of help available to empower people to challenge it and/or negotiate repayments to avoid it happening. She seldom promotes any advice service and never suggests people get their benefits checked to ensure they're maximising their income (there are millions of pounds in benefits sitting unclaimed). Nor does she promote any of the charitable grants out there than provide one off/short term help for people struggling. It's like she wants people to be poor and frightened, feeling like they have no way out which is both sick and dangerous.
If you were genuinely poor and following her, things would seem so bleak. No benefits ever available, all food boxes are tit, and 100s of DMs from people in abject misery. Not a glimmer of hope in sight...

...and to top it off, if you did escape from the poverty trap, you'd still have your rent bouncing years later and be living off slop for 20£ a week.

The only constructive suggestion I've ever seen her make is "buy my book for food banks". Hmm...

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
It was done on a no win no fee basis. As for the winnings they were spent on a sofa and repaying all the money she owed "mates" for debts she ran up when unable to work during the case. Jack remains the worlds poorest woman.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
If you were genuinely poor and following her, things would seem so bleak. No benefits ever available, all food boxes are tit, and 100s of DMs from people in abject misery. Not a glimmer of hope in sight...

...and to top it off, if you did escape from the poverty trap, you'd still have your rent bouncing years later and be living off slop for 20£ a week.

The only constructive suggestion I've ever seen her make is "buy my book for food banks". Hmm...
Yep yep yep. All she does is harness outrage for her own gain.

Okay sure be angry, but you have to actually do something about it beyond tweeting and recording strange boss eyed videos. Help people.

• Haha
It was done on a no win no fee basis. As for the winnings they were spent on a sofa and repaying all the money she owed "mates" for debts she ran up when unable to work during the case. Jack remains the worlds poorest woman.
Thank you for explaining! 😊

Reactions: 21
Think she also admitted to using some of it for a holiday, despite also saying she gave it all to charity.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
This is such a great post! A true 'poverty campaigner' would be hammering this message home but I suppose it's easier and more lucrative to shout at people on Twitter.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.