Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These kind of posts - from normal-seeming accounts who are finally unafraid to say this - are a really good antidote to her blind defenders.

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 10.55.56.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 10.56.57.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 92
“I’m so tired”

Oh do duck off and go and have a sleep. There are people doing twelve hour shifts in hospitals, physically and emotionally running on fumes, they’re tired, they can’t stop until the end of the shift. You can stop anytime you like, just close Twitter, no one cares, if you stop no one will die and no one will suffer.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78
I am absolutely living for screenshots of 2012 Jack blog posts so decided to do some digging on my own (I can't quite remember life before being on part-time furlough, but I definitely didn't have this much time to dedicate to honing my detective skills)

I have managed to excavate an extremely important historical artefact - an ancient scroll from 2012 that one could consider to be origin of the 'and then everybody clapped' meme

View attachment 384354
Oh Godparents! That let him go hungry because Jack didn’t want to ask. So many holes in the story. He’s old enough to speak and ask for jam but his grandparents who regularly get his pictures don’t help to feed him while his mum refuses benefits.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
It's self indulgent shite. I could just about forgive her if any of it was actually achieving anything but it's just impotently screeching into the void cheered on by a chorus of halfwits. Almost everyone sympathetic to the issue of child poverty thinks the Tory government are awful, the bit we're trying to get to is how to push them towards being less awful so children at least get fed now. There is a much bigger issue around school food that needs addressed which is where Marcus Rashford, THAT MAN and co are going with the issue but that is years of work. Even a good sympathetic government who acknowledged the problem would need time to draw up and implement a policy.

Speaking of THAT MAN his school dinners campaign ended with the government pledging an additional £280 million to school food provision. It hasn't solved the all the problems by any stretch but it was a decent step forward and it's not even his life's work. Jack seems to think she has a right to be in his position so perhaps she could highlight some of her achievements so we can compare.
THAT MAN has been a hands-on, effective campaigner for decades. I remember the documentary about Fifteen when I was a teen - then there was the school meals campaign, and all that followed. Because he's been focused on this area for so long, he probably has a very good idea of the practicalities of the issue, rather than "open the kitchens mid-pandemic for lukewarm tupperware takeaways"

He's taken a hell of a lot of tit over the years, but he's clearly very passionate about what he does. He also doesn't get into Twitter slanging matches with people, and isn't involved with partisan politics. The ideal choice for this campaign TBH.

Disclaimer: I'm not much of a fan, I don't particularly care for his TV style, and I have plenty of friends who would lynch him for crimes against paella. I did buy one of his cookbooks recently though, because a friend kept posting pics of the recipes (and because duck Jack Monroe)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
'I'm so tired'.
She is so boring. Stop it. And then the sycophants piling in with their 'You have done so much. Look after yourself. You are amazing but you must get some sleep'. :sick:
Why does she want to be pitied constantly? And babied? So wierd.
I've referenced on here before that my friend is married to a woman just like Jack. He busts his ass in a demanding job to pay for the house, the car, the holidays and the middle class lifestyle, so she can be AN ACTIVIST (i.e. type stuff on Twitter/FB, get involved in other people's drama). She also cries all the time about BEING WORKING CLASS despite having been to a private school and Oxford.

But she can do all of this because she has a husband paying for everything. And deep down, that's what Jack wants. Someone else grafting to pay the bills so she can DO ALL OF THE ACTIVISM.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Is anyone else a bit weirded out that Jack has bought herself an auto cue, almost, as if, she thought she'd be called upon to address the nation? 🥴
Possibly using an iPad or tablet - they have an autocue function. But more likely a scribbled note. If she did spend other people’s money on presenter training it’s been wasted.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I am absolutely living for screenshots of 2012 Jack blog posts so decided to do some digging on my own (I can't quite remember life before being on part-time furlough, but I definitely didn't have this much time to dedicate to honing my detective skills)

I have managed to excavate an extremely important historical artefact - an ancient scroll from 2012 that one could consider to be origin of the 'and then everybody clapped' meme

View attachment 384354
And then everybody clapped.

She's outdone herself. Truly.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I missed Jack posting the video last night (was binging on the last few eps of Sharp Objects because I'm very late to the game...HOLY tit :oops:). Is it more or less cringeworthy than Hellman's? Do I dare watch it? Bearing in mind I've never managed to successfully sit through a single video recording of Jack in it's entirety...

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I missed Jack posting the video last night (was binging on the last few eps of Sharp Objects because I'm very late to the game...HOLY tit :oops:). Is it more or less cringeworthy than Hellman's? Do I dare watch it? Bearing in mind I've never managed to successfully sit through a single video recording of Jack in it's entirety...
I got to 28 seconds and suffer from SEVERE cringe. Her eyes dart every where, her voice quavers and catches. It is very uncomfortable viewing.

• Haha
Reactions: 35

View attachment 384354
Queen of the Bare Minimum

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Lol. I got a 12 hour ban for saying ‘bleep’ twice in a tweet. Apparently, you’re only allowed to say it once 😂
I got a permanent ban and I'm still really pissed off about the whole thing so I've come off twitter for good (would recommend). It was last year after the GE when Jess 'rent a gob' Phillips was calling or unity and hand holding after the GE. I tweeted back at her the now infamous quote of hers 'I won't stab you in the back, I'll stab you in the front' - with quotation marks and I got banned for threatening an MP. It was her own words in quotation marks!!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
It's less cringeworthy purely because it's much shorter. Her hand is in her BE KIND hoodie kangaroo pocket and she sometimes flails it around like when we used to pretend to be 3-armed aliens at primary school. She struggles to pronounce "vulnerable", and talks about a govt announcement being announced...it's very 90s Public Service Announcement, but hey, at least no food was harmed in the making.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
That's hilarious!!!

I would like to know how if a two year old SB said Mummy, why a ten year old SB says Mama.
Someone linked a story about Allegra in a previous thread. In it, Allegra said her child calls her Mama and her ex-wife is Mummy. So this may be where Jack got it from. I noticed a few similarities in the Allegra article (her turn of phrase etc) and how Jack writes/speaks but I can't remember them now, I'm so tired. 😩

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Don't bother, mate.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Someone linked a story about Allegra in a previous thread. In it, Allegra said her child calls her Mama and her ex-wife is Mummy. So this may be where Jack got it from. I noticed a few similarities in the Allegra article and how Jack writes/speaks but I can't remember them now, I'm so tired. 😩
Good grief, I know we always say there's not an original thought in her head but getting her son to call her a name Allegra's kid uses takes it to whole new levels.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
It's less cringeworthy purely because it's much shorter. Her hand is in her BE KIND hoodie kangaroo pocket and she sometimes flails it around like when we used to pretend to be 3-armed aliens at primary school. She struggles to pronounce "vulnerable", and talks about a govt announcement being announced...it's very 90s Public Service Announcement, but hey, at least no food was harmed in the making.
I know people don’t like comments on appearance so sorry, but I do think the fillers have taken her voice from just nasal to mouth-y, like she definitely doesn’t sound the same.

Was relieved we didn’t have to watch the painful clumped balls of filler bouncing about on screen though 😷

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I
I got a permanent ban and I'm still really pissed off about the whole thing so I've come off twitter for good (would recommend). It was last year after the GE when Jess 'rent a gob' Phillips was calling or unity and hand holding after the GE. I tweeted back at her the now infamous quote of hers 'I won't stab you in the back, I'll stab you in the front' - with quotation marks and I got banned for threatening an MP. It was her own words in quotation marks!!!
I remember that!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

to borrow a phrase, it's "terrible". mercifully short though. it's just her reading out her "statement" in her monotonous voice

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.