Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does everything she cooks look and sound so unappealing....this looks like coffee beans or sultanas 🤢
I wanna just douse that in Drontal, jfc. Vegan/veggie food doesn't have to look like a child's illustration of a rat king, my ex made a chilli non carne that I still think about nearly fifteen years later.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I have

I’ve got lots of screenshots, I think admin are trying to fix things but they’re ready to post again if needed.
Think it's fine, on forum business the moderator's saying that the attachments are all still there somewhere, just not uploading at the minute.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Fraus I'm coming from the past. I'm on Tuesday and she's just been on LBC. I'm grunking for my life. I desperately wanted to be back with you in time for the thunderclap but so much has happened since then I'm guessing SHE'S BUSY tonight.

Attachments currently not working so just having to guess what you're all angry reacting to in @Silver Linings wonderful screenshots.

The best bit has been seeing your avatars change and just knowing something exciting and beautiful is coming. First it happened with @HotesTilaire I was thinking who is this cute 'lil new slopbot-esque incarnation?! Then I discovered the utter joy of Psychic Slopbot! Well played @traumatised sideboard for this and so much else, we thank you.

Then @PoorPatrol had a new Jack avatar. At least I think it's Jack 🤔 Another one to add to the many faces of Jack!

She's been absolutely insufferable this week.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Can I j
Can I just ask is her Sunday background( church if you will) Presbyterian? Her Christian writings are very like there style. I know this because whilst not being one I used to attend their youth fellowship and was aware of their body off work.

By the way I don't care if she is or not, just a curious itch I'd like to scratch, I'm not reporting her to the elders?!

• Haha
That statement is so CRINGE, I think I just ate my own hole.

jacquii love, just let Marcus sort it out. Have a nap.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Michael Jackson 🤢 and Cheryl Tweedy 😡. Dream team!

On topic, with the typos and the wrong tag, how long do we think this hilarious statement will last?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
It makes me feel quite uncomfortable TBH. There are powerful politicians of many different religions, so "we're a Christian country, let's be good Christians" feels crass and inappropriate. Politics should not stem from religion.
I completely agree. It’s unnecessary, and alienating to a lot of people.

Does anyone have any theories as to why she’s doing this? It’s the second time in two (?) days that she’s said this whole “we are a Christian country” thing. Before that she didn’t mention her religion much.
We know how calculating and manipulative she can be, so there must be some kind of angle she’s going for.
But even to her it should be obvious that it’s going to backfire, in the same way that her revolving door style Corbyn support did.

• Angry
Reactions: 36
Twitter is the only thing she's ever stuck with for more than a month. She should try to somehow turn that into her next "I've just done X and never felt better" Guardian article.
Has anyone seen any more beige squares lately? I recommend she puts down her phone for a bit and goes back to that hobby.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
havnt commented in ages but still follow this thread with interest.

ive sat in on 100s of conferences regarding child welfare, food insecurity and poverty- the ones jack presumably claims she secretly advises on. What i dont understand is why is she quoting the bible rather than...i dont know....actual legislation and policy (which FYI is mentioned in every single food poverty and child related review).
And im not talking about the education act.

im tempted to name them all on here so that at least the people fighting this have a clue about them, i dont have twitter so i cant tweet them to her or Marcus but she obviously reads here obsessively. I just dont want to give her any more excuses for her insane statements, or encourage her involvement is a cause that she needs to step back on.

the fact she cant back up her politics with anything meaningul, for me personally, proves how much she lies about everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 69

Does anyone have any theories as to why she’s doing this? It’s the second time in two (?) days that she’s said this whole “we are a Christian country” thing. Before that she didn’t mention her religion much.
We know how calculating and manipulative she can be, so there must be some kind of angle she’s going for.
But even to her it should be obvious that it’s going to backfire, in the same way that her revolving door style Corbyn support did.
She’s clutching at straws for an angle and she does have a religious background she can mine. It’s really sad that she is trying so hard to go viral, not to help FEED THE CHILDREN.

Reactions: 38
Can I j

Can I just ask is her Sunday background( church if you will) Presbyterian? Her Christian writings are very like there style. I know this because whilst not being one I used to attend their youth fellowship and was aware of their body off work.

By the way I don't care if she is or not, just a curious itch I'd like to scratch, I'm not reporting her to the elders?!
I think I read somewhere it was potentially Baptist....... but where I am from in NI there is a certain amount of ‘mixing’ of various Protestant sects..... so there would be different youth clubs etc and you would go to more than one but then go to your own church- this probably makes no sense to anyone not brought up in religious Northern Ireland community.

just to keep it slightly on topic I disagree with many of the Free Presbyterian teachings but they do the best traybakes when they hold an event.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
She keeps using words like Dickensian I think it's because she's a time traveler who's been plucked from the smog filled streets of London, looking for a room somewhere, far away from the cold night air( wouldn't it be lurvaley)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
For a terrifying few minutes I thought Jack had taken time out of her relentless activism to hack Tattle in order to get rid of all our receipts. And now she's tagging the wrong Boris Johnson and quoting Bible scripture. Absolutely marvellous.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
One positive thing I will say about the Official Statement: she managed to write four long paragraphs but only used the word "I" twice. That's got to be a record.

The Feed. The. Children. thing is obviously because she's taken note of everyone saying that she's focusing on herself instead of the issue at hand.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

The first time she really signposted her religion was when she was bending the bubbles to create lockdown loopholes, before that not a peep, but lately much more

Reactions: 22
Never mind Michael. We need CLIFF! The go-to Brit Christian. Praise beans!

He might set up some community singing to accompany the thunderclap 🙏

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.