Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just looked up the verses in Matthew: 25

Feed and clothe etc etc

The preceding verses?

Ten virgins were waiting for the bridegroom, 5 were foolish and 5 were wise.

Don’t get me wrong. I love the biblical drama, Mick, but not sure policy should be guided by Matthew.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
Is anyone going to tell her that the Dreadful Statement has been overruled by actual facts?
I admit, I'm scared of the Shaky Angry. 😨

How is it only a WEEK since Thunderclap?! I feel like I've developed long Covid without the inconvenience of actually catching Covid thanks to this week's antics. 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Same! I was grunking obvs and received time out errors when loading a new page, then when I went away to cook slop and come back and nothing flippin works :cry:
Grunk-

Edit: V. glad to hear its solveable. I was worried for the body of work
Am I missing out on much?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
To be honest it doesn't matter that she's changed the focus from herself to the kids in that 'statement'.

Most of her activism is Twitter based and in practical terms achieves very little beyond noise and comforting the people who like and retweet her posts.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Oh tit - I'm going to be grunking at the speed of light here, gently, in a soft soft way. Sweet Jesus, I'm only a scarf. Has she mooted a charity single yet, we know she loves to sing?
Oh my gawd.... I bet she is actually considering that! Under the guise of "feeding the children", she'll think it will be the launchpad for her longed for music career.

All that facetuning is making her morph into Father Dougal Maguire

• Haha
Reactions: 29
It's poor Wrong Boris guy I feel sorry for. He's had that account for years and never used it but what if he decides tonight is the night to see what this Twitter thing is all about? Imagine his horror at the notifications: "HOW DARE YOU INSULT OUR BEAUTIFUL PRINCESS URCHIN JACK #FEEDTHECHILDREN", "WE'RE GONNA #THUNDERCAT YOU TORY SCUM", "JUST LET JACK RUN THE COUNTRY HOW WOULD YOU AN OLD TOMATO FOR LUNCH BET YOUR RICH FRIENDS EAT GEESE AND CHAMPAGNE", "YOU ARE A STUPID HAYSTACK #FEEDTHECHILDREN #FBPE", "FIGHT ME JOHNSONS #FEEDTHECHILDREN"

The poor man will be thoroughly bewildered at the strange and terrible universe he's just logged into. Later the subject of social media pile ons will come up when he's talking to a friend and his friend will say "you just can't say anything nowadays" and poor Wrong Boris will say "but I didn't, I just logged in for the first since 2009 and they became enraged- have I been cancelled for my silence?".

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Am I missing out on much?
I dived in midway on 131 and I feel like my brain is being grated by JM and I didn't even watch the BBC interview. The cabal are very astute with their commentary as per. I opted to start there to ensure the burning Elmo had full context as well as pick up on a vague timeline of Jack being mentioned in the wild.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Sunday School teacher Jack is back, I see!

I don't have enough time to grunk properly but trying to keep up with the comments in realtime instead.

Oh, Jack!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Every day gets more exciting. Back in 2020 we would have written about that terrifying lunch she made all day!

I’m completely astonished by her mental statement about appearing to the prime minister- I picture it like the ghost of Christmas past. Maybe wearing all that makeup. Possibly the double shape wear, dunno.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
The first time she really signposted her religion was when she was bending the bubbles to create lockdown loopholes, before that not a peep, but lately much more
She could be the ghost of slop yet to come. He's be terrified and rightly so. He'd be a changed lad before the Stroke of 12.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Oh tit - I'm going to be grunking at the speed of light here, gently, in a soft soft way. Sweet Jesus, I'm only a scarf. Has she mooted a charity single yet, we know she loves to sing?
🎵 Feed the children, let them know it's dinner time🎵

I can't think of any more lyrics but for the video, which I'm happy to direct if required at the line "Tonight Thank God, it's them instead of you" I'd like a shot of Jack doing her trademark holding a bowl of slop out to a group of sobbing children in a school canteen. I'd also like lots of "jokey" bits of Jack elbowing Marcus and Roadside Mum away from the mic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Re attachments, no nothing has been lost. There was an issue with the database today and some files have become unattached from the posts.

I can see that they're all still there, hoping to get them all connected again using a process. Otherwise it's attaching again manually for several thousand files. But thought it best to put the site back live for now then fix them :)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
For a terrifying few minutes I thought Jack had taken time out of her relentless activism to hack Tattle in order to get rid of all our receipts. And now she's tagging the wrong Boris Johnson and quoting Bible scripture. Absolutely marvellous.
Reading these threads the past week or so has been like watching people play madlibs, it's great

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Re attachments, no nothing has been lost. There was an issue with the database today and some files have become unattached from the posts.

I can see that they're all still there, hoping to get them all connected again using a process. Otherwise it's attaching again manually for several thousand files. But thought it best to put the site back live for now then fix them :)
The receipts! The receipts are safe!
Hands up who thought we’d got hacked or edited for going too far with the lunch reviews.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
There were points over the last few days where I cringed so hard I was wearing my bum hole as a hat.

I didn't even realise the screenshot statement was a personal statement. Maybe that was some sort of self preservation. Apart from comedy mileage here, what does she think it will achieve? This must be the most passive activism in existence.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.