Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Releasing a 'statement', the self-importance of it all.

MR probably just phoned Boris on his mobile and told him to get it sorted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Sorry to re-screenshot, but besides the other errors (don't like to pick too much on SPAG because it's a bit elitist, but when it's your work and this is an OFFICIAL STATEMENT), this last sentence on first page made me hoot.

View attachment 382995

Highlighting mine
How long do we think this statement took her to bash out? I'd say no more than 10 minutes. She definitely put more time and care into applying her Mary Poppins make up.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I'm thinking of clapping for the NHS out of spite. I live in another country and time zone but I might just do it anyway.
This is brilliant. I too live abroad and will do this. Now we just need a # and update our social media profiles. Hang on, just getting a call from the media to cover this...

• Haha
Reactions: 26
LMAO this is pathetic! A statement written on her notes app, with complete with spelling / grammatical errors - and I'm only on the first sentence.
Get to the last one on the first page. It makes the effort all worthwhile. I hate Boris as much as the next sensible human but the idea of a Ghost of Christmas Past Jack is horrifying for anyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I stayed awake for 40 odd hours once, by the end of it I was starting to see things and I felt absolutely bloody awful. It was like being on drugs, I didn't get tired, just more manic

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
That mess of prose coming from a professional writer is an embarrassment. Who publishes seven books without knowing the difference between affect and effect? Don’t start me on the split infinitives and bizarre sentence construction. I know commentary on grammar can be construed as classist but this supposed to be an official (and thus proofread) statement from a self-professed prolific reader who makes money from writing words. She’s an absolute chancer.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
She keeps using words like Dickensian I think it's because she's a time traveler who's been plucked from the smog filled streets of London, looking for a room somewhere, far away from the cold night air( wouldn't it be lurvaley)

• Haha
Reactions: 41
She keeps using words like Dickensian I think it's because she's a time traveler who's been plucked from the smog filled streets of London, looking for a room somewhere, far away from the cold night air( wouldn't it be lurvaley)
I think it's because she reads here religiously (Christian religion obvs) - we're always going on about her Dickensian urchin-ness.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
She's obsessed with it being a Christian country...
It makes me feel quite uncomfortable TBH. There are powerful politicians of many different religions, so "we're a Christian country, let's be good Christians" feels crass and inappropriate. Politics should not stem from religion.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
That's the thing - the tiny bit of me that feels sorry for her is down to the fact that she has absolutely no idea who she is or what she thinks.

So much of her life seems to involve trying on other people's identities as cosplay, so that she doesn't have any sense of self at all. It must be exhausting.
One of the symptoms of a certain personality disorder is having an unstable sense of self and trying on new identities.

She does know that she's middle class at least, which is why she argues so hard to defend herself. In the following link found by @colouredlines a day or two ago, Jack wrote a song about herself in 2012 in which she explicitly refers to herself as middle class. In my opinion this shows the "working class" shtick is a conscious grift rather than a sad delusion. Maybe she impulsively lied some time after publishing these lyrics, found that she liked portraying herself that way, and soon found that this working class identity and persona was very beneficial to her brand.

https://web.archive.org/web/2013011...on-the-radio-lyrics-and-music-by-jack-monroe/

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Don't know what happened to my last post but I have just LOL'd at the comparison to Noel Fielding on Tuesday 😂🤷‍♀️

Might have to take a break as can't see any attachments and honestly not a lot makes sense without them 😭

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
One of the symptoms of a certain personality disorder is having an unstable sense of self and trying on new identities.

She does know that she's middle class at least, which is why she argues so hard to defend herself. In the following link found by @colouredlines a day or two ago, Jack wrote a song about herself in 2012 in which she explicitly refers to herself as middle class. In my opinion this shows the "working class" shtick is a conscious grift rather than a sad delusion. Maybe she impulsively lied some time after publishing these lyrics, found that she liked portraying herself that way, and soon found that this working class identity and persona was very beneficial to her brand.

https://web.archive.org/web/2013011...on-the-radio-lyrics-and-music-by-jack-monroe/
Oh God that’s appalling.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
How long do we think this statement took her to bash out? I'd say no more than 10 minutes. She definitely put more time and care into applying her Mary Poppins make up.
Lest we forget she can bash a column out in 30 mins so this must have taken literally seconds of furious hot jabbing with her index finger. Christ on a bendy bus the self importance of it all!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
it's so amazing! cannot get over it! sprawled on one of the sofas tapping away and she calls it activism!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Hang on. She's released an atrocious statement in a horrible attempt to be more professional than angry screaming Jack (finally getting the hint from seeing Marcus' tweets). In it, she implies children are going to starve due to FSM being cancelled. However, if she'd read the press releases properly, she'd discover that the children aren't going to starve, the funding will be from the council instead of the LA for half term.

While this may still be a silly idea and cause issues in provision (just stick with what works once you've got it working), she's made herself look idiotic again by releaseing a poorly written statement not containing the whole truth and spreading misinformation.

Bloody hell woman, get a grip.

ETA: I missed the Jesusing at the end. Eye roll. Stop inserting yourself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.