Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The audacity of the woman putting out an official statement 😂😂😂
She wants to talk to the pm. I think she was raging that old bojo phoned MR yesterday.
Oi bojo where's my phonecall? This is my life work and all?!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
By the time she posted, The Guardian had the story - and did she create a fake Boris Johnston account rather than tag him properly? It has 26 followers - would expect the blue tick one to show before a fake one.

ETA - though that account has been around over 10 years, no likes or posts

1610644713621.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
One of the symptoms of a certain personality disorder is having an unstable sense of self and trying on new identities.

She does know that she's middle class at least, which is why she argues so hard to defend herself. In the following link found by @colouredlines a day or two ago, Jack wrote a song about herself in 2012 in which she explicitly refers to herself as middle class. In my opinion this shows the "working class" shtick is a conscious grift rather than a sad delusion. Maybe she impulsively lied some time after publishing these lyrics, found that she liked portraying herself that way, and soon found that this working class identity and persona was very beneficial to her brand.

https://web.archive.org/web/2013011...on-the-radio-lyrics-and-music-by-jack-monroe/
A wonderful find.

Reactions: 24
By the time she posted, The Guardian had the story - and did she create a fake Boris Johnston account rather than tag him properly? It has 26 followers - would expect the blue tick one to show before a fake one.

View attachment 383027
Oh my GOD, that's toe-curling.

She hasn't even tagged the right account? It's all just such a massive cringe.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
The attachments have gone. No receipts no receipts. Skynet zero dawn initiated. Mirror is on stand by...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

View attachment 383027
Oh gosh it’s probably some poor guy with the same name. Like that John Lewis guy who’s a computer scientist in Virginia!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
This really gives me the impression that she isn't working along with this. I mean surely you would get one spokesperson and use them to voice the messages. It just looks like alot of mumble Jumble otherwise and the wrong things get highlighted. Too many cooks and all that.

i mean this kindly softly gently, let it go and let them sort it, it's ok. It can still be you're life's work but you don't own all of poverty. It looks like it's sorted enough, I don't think MR will let this lie, so I doubt any child will go hungry. Go work on your other work.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
It makes me feel quite uncomfortable TBH. There are powerful politicians of many different religions, so "we're a Christian country, let's be good Christians" feels crass and inappropriate. Politics should not stem from religion.
Agree completely, making a political or religious point around this isn't helpful at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Cannot wait till the government announce they’re giving all the kids an extra malt loaf so Jack can return to being the UK’s chief slop-peddler.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.