Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A quick google tells me ‘Feed the Children’ is a charity based in Oklahoma. Bit stupid to try and go viral without checking that first...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I think I read somewhere it was potentially Baptist....... but where I am from in NI there is a certain amount of ‘mixing’ of various Protestant sects..... so there would be different youth clubs etc and you would go to more than one but then go to your own church- this probably makes no sense to anyone not brought up in religious Northern Ireland community.

just to keep it slightly on topic I disagree with many of the Free Presbyterian teachings but they do the best traybakes when they hold an event.
I'm northern Irish and like many places there wasn't much to do as a teen so I attended many youthclubs belonging to churches. I've done them all, as well as attend my own church.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It makes me feel quite uncomfortable TBH. There are powerful politicians of many different religions, so "we're a Christian country, let's be good Christians" feels crass and inappropriate. Politics should not stem from religion.
Coming right on the back of the Corbyn anti Semitic issue she’s got herself entangled with it probs wasn’t her brightest move

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Oh, goodie!! It’s Ned Flanders Jack!

Who on earth...not only puts out a statement on Notes, but then sends it to the wrong person 😂 she’s an amateur!

• Haha
Reactions: 57
One of the symptoms of a certain personality disorder is having an unstable sense of self and trying on new identities.

She does know that she's middle class at least, which is why she argues so hard to defend herself. In the following link found by @colouredlines a day or two ago, Jack wrote a song about herself in 2012 in which she explicitly refers to herself as middle class. In my opinion this shows the "working class" shtick is a conscious grift rather than a sad delusion. Maybe she impulsively lied some time after publishing these lyrics, found that she liked portraying herself that way, and soon found that this working class identity and persona was very beneficial to her brand.

https://web.archive.org/web/2013011...on-the-radio-lyrics-and-music-by-jack-monroe/
Oh if only she was yesterday’s news. Look at me, look directly at me, ignore everyone else and only look at me, I am the only poverty story worth knowing.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
If I had a quid for every time I type out a comment only to then only delete them, I could probably pay Jackies rent! You all manage to put what I want to say so much more eloquently!

I grunk these pages daily... my preference is to read Twitter first, then think about what the responses on here are gonna be and I’m never far off! It’s honestly the most exciting part of my day and the closest to adult conversation I get, despite not really being brave enough to converse with you until now. (Nagging Hang up that I’m just gonn

What annoys me the most is the deleted stuff on Twitter, (that you manage to screenshot before they’re obliterated 🤩) they’re normally her most hurtful, showing & narcissistic comments. It’s as though she confesses her sins, to get them of her chest only to continue guilt free the next day as most of the squiggles won’t have seen them! That goes for the mass deletes too...

But it’s fair to say, until the squiggles stop creeping up that woman’s ass, and the drama continues... Jack Monroe will continue to have far too much space in my head, rent free (as the saying goes) #NotThatSheSeemsToPayRentAnyhow 💸

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Pfffft - if Feed The Children is in Oklahoma she’s probably going after the US following again, plus counting on the assumption that Christians will be nice to her on Twitter, this she acquired more backup and looks saintly.
Yours cynically, etc., etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Oh tit - I'm going to be grunking at the speed of light here, gently, in a soft soft way. Sweet Jesus, I'm only a scarf. Has she mooted a charity single yet, we know she loves to sing?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Jack Monroe: Christian Evangelist is an unexpected new avenue for her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Another musing I have.

She calls this a Christian country and as Christians we should feed the children, does that mean she thinks that if we heathens we starve the children. Nice!

I honestly don't think anyone wants anyone to starvem the country is run by fools and they don't always put the money in the right places,but I sincerely doubt any of them are sitting there thinking duck children and food. Lets make them suffer. The government certainly need to do more to end poverty but collectively the whole country needs to do more. It's interesting my elderly family often mention how if Mary with the fifteen kids was running low on sugar she Send Jimmy up to borrow a cup. No one does that anymore. My dad used to grow spuds, he used to share them with the neighbours and they would give him something they grew as there was always plenty.

We ourselves are greedy and selfish not just the government.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I completely agree. It’s unnecessary, and alienating to a lot of people.

Does anyone have any theories as to why she’s doing this? It’s the second time in two (?) days that she’s said this whole “we are a Christian country” thing. Before that she didn’t mention her religion much.
We know how calculating and manipulative she can be, so there must be some kind of angle she’s going for.
But even to her it should be obvious that it’s going to backfire, in the same way that her revolving door style Corbyn support did.
I don't think she's capable of thinking ahead about when things might backfire, she's too hellbent on dealing with whatever is bothering her in that particular moment, or acting out her immediate fantasies.
I don't get the Christian country thing either and was wondering what the hell she is playing at. I do think she worries about what is popular, and she must surely know that Christianity is not popular on the left. Actual practicing Christians are in the minority.

Reactions: 30
I’m on page 26, can’t get any attachments, only a message saying there are problems?
Same! I was grunking obvs and received time out errors when loading a new page, then when I went away to cook slop and come back and nothing flippin works :cry:
Grunk-hiatus

Edit: V. glad to hear its solveable. I was worried for the body of work

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I'm northern Irish and like many places there wasn't much to do as a teen so I attended many youthclubs belonging to churches. I've done them all, as well as attend my own church.
We used to have RE at primary school and the different ministers would come in once a week. One of them used to bring sweets for the kids in their church and they would come back every week to our classroom with them. We all started going to their youth club after that as they always had free sweets!!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.