Jack Monroe #132 Leader of the Slopposition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
🇨🇾 Fact check
Her family do not come from “Northern Cyprus” her grandad who died moved to the UK before 1974 when the country was Cyprus.
Her family are Greek Cypriot and it would not have been possible for them to visit their village legally prior to around her mid to late teens, in fact visiting illegally wouldn’t have been very possible unless you want to risk being shot. This is because Turkey continues to illegally occupy the area, which is not recognized by the international community.

I think she is the gift which keeps giving without bringing that aspect of politics into it. As you were, I’m gently curating a migraine.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
It really is a Dickensian life he leads.

Mum today at school me and Jimmy and stew..
Her: hold on son, * whips out cards, writes a few angry tweets*

Card... Who's the fairest poverty writer of them all?

Her: continue....

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I know it’s going back a bit- apologies but if you can’t pay rent, don’t have savings.

The cosplay always brings me back to tattle. I don’t for a second believe she is poor. She might have missed rent because she was putting all her money in savings.

I hate that she’s gaining from Marcus’s campaign. He doesn’t attach himself- he’s doing it for the kids. Jack does things for Jack. Jack does things for her own publicity and image.

I wish the media would just pick up like the do other minor zelebs and do a ‘tour of the home’ pointing out all the hypocrisy

Reactions: 40
That game has peak 'I'm in sixth form and I just learnt about the existence of Nietzsche' energy. Gawwwwwd she's such a bleep. I've never said that before. I feel like I need to apologise to my mum.

In case you were wondering how sickeningly ingratiating she has been recently, as I've mentioned before I'm extraordinarily petty and keep a running count of the number of times she says 'thankyou' then add that number of new words or phrases to Slopbot's code in the next update. The total is currently 21. Blackjack! Keep going babes x I can't go anywhere until next Wednesday, it would be the work of a moment to come up with all the new code.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
So what of the afternoon of Disney under a blanket with SB? Or is he going to bring a three course meal on a tray and say, "Mama, you haven't eaten. Here, take your leave to the drawing room with this sustenance."
While Cooper looks on from the Chesterfield, dressed in his smoking jacket and swilling a brandy?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
My 10 year old asked me the other week if I’d rather eat poo-flavoured ice cream or ice cream-flavoured poo. Maybe I need this game to add a bit more sophistication to our dinner chat.

is it your own poo or someone else's? cos that would make all the difference

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Can I just say, the pros and cons of Corbyn and his supporters are not what's relevant here. What's relevant is that she has been caught out in a steaming lie, by a group of ardent fanatics who care very very much about this, and have the tenacity to want to expose her.

They have also come to the correct conclusion about her - that she was poor for all of 5 minutes and personally benefits from other people's poverty - even if their reasoning may not be correct.
I feel like they're too stuck on 2016 Corbyn comments but they've spotted the fake poverty, I wish they'd get to the good stuff like grifting from the poor via PayPal/patreon with claims of financially struggling whilst living in a lovely bungalow in a nice area, and having stuffed it with high end possessions! This is probably gonna fizzle out though because"JM didn't like Corbyn 4 years ago" is nowhere near the top 100 worst things she's done

(If you're a new lurker please go back through her photos on twitter and see all the Cotswold sideboards, the Smeg fridge (£3k!!!) And lots of other expensive items. We've previously spotted expensive curtains, an £80 toaster and a three. Hundred. Pound. Mirror. Get on that pls.)

EDIT: Christ I forgot to mention - she writes for the express and the daily telegraph, and her DAD IS A LANDLORD

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
My 10 year old asked me the other week if I’d rather eat poo-flavoured ice cream or ice cream-flavoured poo. Maybe I need this game to add a bit more sophistication to our dinner chat.
Are you my husband?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
A lot of things taste like the sewers since I had covid so I’d go for poo-flavoured ice cream. Easy.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
To be honest, “Would you rather” was the game my Y8s used to play with me if they thought it would delay the lesson on ~science~ by ten minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.