Jack Monroe #132 Leader of the Slopposition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been going through the archive.org of her first, long-deleted blog. It's crazy - I'll put up screenshots when this current Twitter madness dies down a bit. Starts the blog in March '12, is pretending to be a local celebrity with strangers shaking her hand in the supermarket literally 2 months later...

This stood out, from the early entries:

People struggle to believe that I am ‘poor’, because I have nice curtains. I see the judgement, the eye cast over the piano in the corner (given to me by an elderly woman, if you must know) and the slightly posh accent (Grammar school education, blame my parents.) People struggle to believe I’m poor because I have ‘things’. Most of my ‘things’ were found, cobbled, or are remnants of a past life that haven’t yet been sold.

Even as far back as 2012, everything nice was #gifted.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
One day when she is exposed for the fraud she is (how much has she raised for Magic Breakfast again?) we will have the comfort of genuinely having the last laugh. Can't wait 🙂
Call me a pessimist but am beginning to wonder, doubt even, if her being exposed and for that to have a detrimental affect on her 'success' is ever going to happen. Yea, there are signs but infuriatingly, she's made bank and about 20k followers from this latest swindle, and that's despite all of the doubts from the left on twitter. She's actually growing in popularity and to the simpletons of the world, the praise will stick. duck, she might even twitter-con her way all the way to an honour from the queen.... RAAAGH!!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
Thank SPACE you ffs. Also note no date.
Before she was talking as though they had been having a proper chat when she was tweeting "you can't see the DMs between us" (or close enough, I can't find the exact tweet). Now we find out that the DM is just a huge apology? There's 8 references to herself there and that's not even the whole thing apparently

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
How's. MR doing. I know this is her thread but she's boring me now.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
' Your comrade'
Dear lord I'm cringing inside out here I'm surprised she didnt sign off with ' your ever faithful servant'

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
At this point we should just save some time and make a list of people she hasn't sent a cringeworthy and over the top apology to. She would be GREAT mates with Lena Dunham.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Just checked my direct messages on Twitter. The time & date are always recorded at the bottom of every message. She appears to have cut them off so she could have sent that tonight-not that it makes any difference I guess. His reply is the one everyone wants to see. Let me guess:
‘Thanks comrade. Who are you?’

• Haha
Reactions: 61

'Read my column in the Express and here's my Patreon link' - spoken like a true comrade fighting in the struggle!

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.