Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hilarious that she hasn't made any news outlets this morning. Her reach will rarely extend beyond Twitter and she haaaaates it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
"I didn't ignore it" she says.

She had a flurry of Twitter activity last summer, when she promised to make a shopping basket/meal plan for school meal vouchers.

That never materialised.

Other than that, she has done nothing about this since the pandemic started. She spends more time facetuning herself, taking photos of her cat sleeping, and whining about trolls than she ever did campaigning.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Almost a decade ago, a primary school pupil in Scotland made a blog called Never Seconds, where she posted photos and reviews of her (inadequate) school lunches. She raised awareness of issues with school lunches, effected some local change, then raised a huge amount of money for a school lunch charity in Malawi.

It was a very heartwarming story. Beyond that, I genuinely think that this 9-year-old girl did more good than Jack has done in close to a decade of "activism".
Oh yes!! I remember her. She engaged people so much by being sweet and funny. The initiative she started is still going on I think.

I can't remember her name, but I remember the name of the charity (Mary's Meals).

What a pity Jacki just wants to be the star.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Also I don't believe starving children should be used to make money, if these companies have their hands in well they should be made accountable but also if anyone helping sort makes any money from sorting it, I'd like to hope they would donate it all to the cause because otherwise they are part of the problem in my opinion.

Reactions: 20
She needs to learn how to speak to people. She’s rude as duck, has the attention span of a goldfish and at times downright offensive
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, it is something Jack doesn't like to mention, but she has been diagnosed as having ADHD and autism. It might come as a shock, as she never talks about it or use it as an excuse for bad behaviour or poor attitude. Perhaps cut her some slack, eh?

Nah, I'm with you, she's rude and offensive.

• Haha
Reactions: 84
It is actually wild when you start to notice Jack claim an ailment any time she has anything going on so it can be her fallback. Every single time. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 62
I have tried using the search facility as I would like to remind myself of the sad packed lunches SB was treated to during the £20 shop era. The grated carrot and soft cheese sandwich and corn snacks. Can anyone help please.

Think it would be useful to remind us all what the hypocrite JM thinks is a suitable lunch for a growing boy!
Eyelid sausages, “maize snacks”, bacon scraps/off cuts 🤢

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
on QI last night they were talking about how people get a dopamine hit when talking about themselves, even if nobody is listening. They did an experiment where they offered people money to stop speaking about themselves, the money was refused. I think they have our ickle smol pixie sussed.

Hang on .. Now that's a grift that may just work... :unsure: (quoted from a paragraph from Captainmouse full post)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Monroe is a professional campaigner in the same way that anyone who sits at home watching tv all day is a professional tv commentator. To say, they do spend time watching tv and *commentating* on it, ergo, they're professional tv commentators. But they don't refer to themselves as such because, deep down, they know that in reality they're just lazy buggers with duck all else to do and anyway, it would be pretty weird - and this is called 'self-awareness'.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I have tried using the search facility as I would like to remind myself of the sad packed lunches SB was treated to during the £20 shop era. The grated carrot and soft cheese sandwich and corn snacks. Can anyone help please.

Think it would be useful to remind us all what the hypocrite JM thinks is a suitable lunch for a growing boy!
it was septemeber/ october time, when the kids went back to school.

Reactions: 14
If I ony had a potato I would make a jacket potato? My kids would have half a jacket poatato each when they were at primary school.
Did that half a potato each last them for a week? We have no idea of the age of these children, could be anything up to 16.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I do wonder how MR is sorting this is he softly softly talking to them gently about what their failure to provide is, is he providing alternatives if is indeed the government's lack of funding, is he gently nudging the right people to take notice or his he howling around the house? Really want to know this?!

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.