Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do wonder how MR is sorting this is he softly softly talking to them gently about what their failure to provide is, is he providing alternatives if is indeed the government's lack of funding, is he gently nudging the right people to take notice or his he howling around the house? Really want to know this?!
I imagine he's fitting all this in whilst training and preparing for a big match tonight that will be watched by millions of people the world over. Not sure whether he'll have chance to dress up as a character from a 1964 film in that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
"This kind of work is draining". What work is that then? Tweeting? Reading SM? Playing dress up as Mary Poppins?

What work is she actually doing? She's getting angry at a situation, we all do that, but getting angry isn't work.

She says this is her life's work, but things are worse than ever. She has hardly been a force for positive change. She talks about her life's work like she is some veteran campaigner along the lines of Corbyn, not a wet behind the ears self serving Twitter campaigner that has achieved less than nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Did that half a potato each last them for a week? We have no idea of the age of these children, could be anything up to 16.
I agree that the food is miserable and not enough, and I'm furious that some people are very likely making a lot of money out of this, but saying that there is no point having one potato? Someone can eat that potato, definitely, and maybe more than one person if the children are little.

Reactions: 25
I thought the issue was that schools replaced a 30£ voucher with a small amount of food, not that contractors are getting 30£ for each of those boxes? She's trying to make it sound like the latter, but that would make less than zero business sense.
She needs to get her lawyer ready because she’s outright accusing the contractors of pocketing the £25.

• Wow
Reactions: 58
I thought the issue was that schools replaced a 30£ voucher with a small amount of food, not that contractors are getting 30£ for each of those boxes? She's trying to make it sound like the latter, but that would make less than zero business sense.
I think it works differently in different local authorities. That's why several of us on here (I'm speaking only for myself but guessing from what I 'know' of others) were hesitant to criticise the original picture too strongly in case it had come from a school where teachers/support staff had had to run round getting stuff from a local shop at short notice with a small budget. Now though, it has transpired that that box was provided by Chartwell, who are a huge company involved with school dinners, who apparently didn't even have to tender for this job and got given money to provide boxes instead of the previous scheme where vouchers which went to families. The voucher scheme did have some issues too by the way, especially when people were isolating, didn't have printers or email, and were for expensive supermarkets which weren't necessarily close to where people lived. So the question to Chartwell, and other similar companies used by different authorities, is where has the money gone? And now it has been asked, so Jack can sit down.

Reactions: 38
Soooo THIS item has appeared on my local (essex) Facebook selling page today..... 🤔
___126-01fbb75682431887a75de2af62ff4580.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 87
😱 hang on, she’s claiming she involved with the Marcus rashford Tom kerridge collab??? I really really do not believe that for one second
Just googled Rashford Kerridge and the Feeding Britain's Children documentary popped up, hadn't been aware of this. - watched trailer, God that guy Rashford is an absolute legend. A true, true inspiration. Anyway, the documentary was pretty easy to find on Youtube, if anyones interested.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Anyone know her final tweet count from yesterday? Looks like she's on course to beat it today 🙄

She's just going over and over the same thing here, photo upon photo with angry comment, then "I've got hundreds of messages/all these people in my DMs". She's on a loop and has nothing of substance to add at all. I'm sure there will be quite a few squiggles that will find her constant ranting this morning bloody tiresome.

I'm tired of it already, and I'm invested in following her nonsense 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I agree that the food is miserable and not enough, and I'm furious that some people are very likely making a lot of money out of this, but saying that there is no point having one potato? Someone can eat that potato, definitely, and maybe more than one person if the children are little.
Yes but the box is supposed to be a week, in some cases 2 weeks, of food. (Jack isn't helping by indiscriminate pictures because it would be helpful to know how many children, primary or secondary, and how long it is supposed to be for). I don't think we are going to agree on this though so I am going to leave it there.

Reactions: 31
OK Frauen, I don't have much to add except to say thanks for your sterling overnight work. MY BLOOD PRESSURE!!! She's awful.
Having said that, I think this was missed in the midst of all her nonsense. Jack here is saying that it's normal to have a year-long best before date on a loaf of bread. She just chats so much unadulterated SHITE.

___134-88123a7c1ec4b1ce0a398c7729c9e528.png

___137-8c5563507531eb00983fa0192c0a455c.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.