Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HarderFaster

VIP Member
Sorry to jump on this post, and please correct me if I’m wrong anywhere.. So, I’ve seen Jack on Twitter here and there and I’m sure I also read somewhere that she comes from a well off family, private school etc. I’m not sure how accurate the information is, but how did she end up in the situation she did which got her famous? Aka being poor and making recipes from a small amount of money?
She ended up back on my Twitter feed via the chaos that the FSM hampers have caused (and very rightly so, I received one and it was just degrading. They handed me the contents in a BIN LINER).
Edit: in case anyone read this and wondered why they would need to use a huge bin liner, well there was simply NO reason at all because the contents in it were simply as follows. A loaf of bread, 3 yogurts, tin of tuna, 1 orange, 2 chunks of cheese the size of a matchbox, 1 packet of raisins and 2 baking potatoes. What on earth do I make with that?!..
Absolutely unconscionable that you were treated so dreadfully. I’m really sorry. This government are such awful turds.

This is all probably in the Wiki and dotted through the threads but my sleep patterns are fucked so I’m gonna write it all out again :) however definitely check out the thread summaries at the beginning of each thread because they have receipts of long-deleted tweets.

- Jack was brought up by a high-ranking firefighter father and a nurse mother who also fostered (so three incomes). They have a five bed detached house in a nice part of Southend and Jack went to a grammar school. She recently claimed to have been expelled for stealing a scalpel but this is disputed. Various accounts say that she received between 4.5 and 7 GCSEs and then left.

- Jack’s Grandad was Greek-Cypriot and was a landlord with a string of properties and restaurants around Essex. Edwina Currie pointed this out during a televised debate while Jack pretended she was working class and Jack screamed “My Grandfather is DEAD” in place of an actual rebuttal. Then she wrote a whingey open letter as a response a few days later.

- Jack’s mother is Northern Irish. Jack likes to hint at her status as a “second generation immigrant” when she can.

- After some casual work in cafés and bars as a youngster Jack somehow (read: Daddy) got a job in the control room for the fire service. This was a highly paid role for someone in their early twenties with no qualifications - £24-27k.

- Jack managed to get pregnant through a dalliance with a friend and subsequently variously claims that she was dismissed from the fire service or forced to leave because they would not accommodate her request for flexible working to look after her son. Never mind that armies of key worker parents have managed to do shift work forever: Jack didn’t want to so she left her well paid job to Make A Point.

- Despite having well off relatives who could have helped her, and the father of her child being famously supportive (she literally wrote a Guardian article thanking him), she chose to keep her problems with the benefit system quiet and instead allowed herself and her baby son to go hungry for between 6 months and a year. She claims to have sold a piano, a very fancy watch, her son’s cuddly toys, the lightbulbs and last of all her very fancy camera to make ends meet. Never mind that most poor people don’t have access to Omega Seamasters as a matter of course. Jack did.

- Despite being too proud to ask for help from her parents, Jack wasn’t too proud to tell her story on a publicly available blog, or to publicise her situation through a friend who happened to be a local journalist. Her story of woe gained a LOT of traction.

- Increasingly she was given writing work, publishing deals, corporate sponsorships and awards for her work. She became Quite Famous as the palatable face of the poors.

- She moved in with millionaire chef Allegra McEvedy and began to rub shoulders with the West London media set. She fucked this relationship up.

- She moved back to Essex for her son (although this seemed to bother her less when she uprooted him to move in with a millionaire) and not long after got with a C4 news exec. She continued to get TV work, writing jobs and book deals despite her brief stint in poverty being increasingly irrelevant given spreading disadvantage and the rollout of universal credit.

- At the start of lockdown, despite living with a very well paid partner in a large detached property, she posted an extended freak out about loss of income and aggressively posted links to her PayPal and Patreon for donations. She also started a campaign against Jamie Oliver for getting a TV show, leading to being booked for Daily Kitchen Live which she was consistently underprepared for.

- Said partner broke up with her. She had another freak out about the rent on her large property and rattled the tip jar again.

- She threatened to sue Tattle posters for saying she was not very good on the telly.

- She has received more gifts and found more discarded high end items than any person who ever existed. These include: a Burberry scarf, expensive crockery, an Emin (which is hung in her toilet). She spends an inordinate amount of money on expensive furniture, clothes and tech, but then pretends that she has no money for butter.

- She claims that she can feed a family of 3 (her ex came back to ‘bubble’ with her) on £20 per week. This is bullshit as she doesn’t include toiletries, cleaning stuff, pet food or lots of what makes an appearance in her photos. We suspect she actually uses Ocado for fancy deliveries and performs this poverty.

There’s just so much more, including an army of flying Twitter monkies (her phrase) who attack anyone who dares to speak out.

TL;DR - she’s a terrible person and a grifter, and her constant need to insert herself into everything (such as this FSM debate even though her son does not require FSM) does more harm than good.

• Heart
Reactions: 173

LavaFlake

VIP Member
___216-10097109cedac8ba4ab145e27718da63.jpg

Shared by a Scottish journalist. Not a blue ticker so I've squigged but they're bang on the money.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 159

Pixieboots

Chatty Member
Thanks to @BlendedSlop for the thread title and the many lovely fraus who nominated it.

In our last thread...

- Jack cleaned her kitchen! Unfortunately her nails still contain half a compost heap.
- The shitty bungalow was infested with ghosts.
- She got back on her "tea in risotto" bullshit.
- The recipe for custard cake was unearthed!
- It wasn't a recipe.
- It was a tin of custard folded into a packet of cake mix.
- Did that really need a deep dive into your old books, Jack?
- It's two bloody ingredients.
- We waited for days.
- Two. Sodding. Ingredients.
- Anyway.
- Jack did some random cosplay as Mary Poppins.
- And then did a big old chaos.
- Possibly still dressed as Mary Poppins.
- First she presented another stolen idea as her own.
- And then demanded that journos only talk to her about it.
- She argued with a squiggle.
- And was abominably rude to Marcus Rashford.

[*]
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’
‘I did a chaos’
‘My maverick brain’
‘My sad little face’
‘I’m BUSY’
‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’
‘I laughed up a lung’

** NEW **
‘Literally hella embarrassed AF’ about ‘Brexit and flip-flopping Covid flippancy’ and she ‘didn’t even vote for it’.

She likes to describe herself as ‘puppyishly honest and naively enthusiastic’

As of late November 2020, Jack conceded she is not poor, but living to a budget as she is saving for a forever home for her and SB.

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now fuck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to fuck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a fucking LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • ** NEW ** However, during Lockdown 2 (November 2020), a bubble buddy, ‘buddle’ (BB) came to stay with Jack. BB is pescatarian, cycles 200 miles a week, and works in London. Jack is teaching her to cook, while also using her as a figure of gentle ridicule. She cannot cook, she cannot iron, she cannot clean the television properly, she left the hose out and it got eaten by a fox, and she doesn’t know the difference between wet and dry ingredients.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
  • She recently claimed she found her Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle.
[*]
Use the pink link tab at the top of the thread to find Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, where you will find all episodes of Daily Kitchen Live.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.
[*][*]

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 130

Flumps

VIP Member
Yikes. Jack, you are out-Jacking yourself today.

1. That message to Marcus Rashford. You've embarrassed yourself, sweetheart, and revealed a lot more about yourself and your attitude there than I think you realise. Who *do* you think you are? I can spin this, just, as you taking a defensive stance towards MR, but as a capable, calm and decent adult I should imagine he neither needs nor wants someone embarrassingly shouting on his behalf. As for the language use, oh my god, can you not hear yourself? It is patronising, it is racist (I'd call it a micro-aggression but it's worse than that) and it's appropriation like I've rarely seen. I'd suggest you have a word with yourself, but I don't suppose that would be very helpful. That was so fucking out of order. You should apologise for 1. your disgusting privilege (I rarely invoke this) and 2. embarrassing him by association.

2. With regard to the school meals. No, those are not great lunchboxes. However, *screaming* on Twitter and thrashing around shouting about conspiracies and fat cats and making vaguely libellous statements does not help 'get people fed' (or whatever charming catchphrase you were trying to make happen yesterday). I don't for a second think there aren't failings happening that mean we've ended up here, but you don't tackle them by screaming abuse in people's faces. First off, we all function within the society we happen to be in right now, which is a capitalist one. Whether you like it or not that means the mechanisms we have for distributing food on a massive scale are capitalist mechanisms. Those are the ones you can leverage quickly and make move fast, because they have the weight, power and finance behind them. So, as per MR excellent example, we are going to have to work with what we've got.

That accepted, let's turn to motivation and what we've got. Yes, motivation of large businesses is to make money. I work for one in an adjacent industry to the one we're talking about here. I fundamentally do not believe that there are large numbers (or even small numbers) of 'fat cats' out there rubbing their hands like Mr Burns and contemplating the pleasure of taking a few pounds more profit for providing children with shitty looking apples and weird-ass everlasting bread. It's not happening. There is also as you rapidly work down the scale plenty of people who are just people with jobs doing their thing and probably going home to worry a bit about their finances too. They are not in this for the scamming children factor and I am sure are concerned about what they are providing and glad to be doing something worthwhile in this hard, hard time. Let's not shit all over them as we're getting all Twitter-outraged. So let's look at this carefully.

What is happening is a complex interplay of government funding, business models, supply chain, small scale distributors and possibly most importantly, time. Everything has had to happen very fast. This makes things hard, and can make the outcome less than ideal. I would imagine, once this all shakes out, the problems likely to be identified are a lack of clarity of what was being offered in the first place, a lack of ability to accurately forward plan (complacency and poor information likely causes here), a lack of consistency around standards and supply chain efficiency (around correct products correctly packaged). There will also be inefficiencies and inconsistencies, different in different areas that will need to be examined. It will be complex and it will probably not give a simple answer that fits a particular narrative.

What needs to happen now is consensus. Not people shaking with rage, getting their virtual spittle all up the face of one particular figurehead. As MR is doing, and demonstrating, there needs to be accountability, but also consensus, talking, communication and working out of the problems and the challenges. That will have to be done within the constraints of the system we have in place because there is no fucking time to build a new system (get them fed, yadda, yadda).

What could a minorly famous cookbook writer do in these circumstances? Well they could provide a menu and ingredients list that would fulfil the dietary requirements of children. Would also be helpful to have them for people with special dietary needs. Though, who could have foretold that might be needed? Oh, Jack, you did, but you didn't do it. Cool, cool, Mary Poppins cos-play doesn't create itself. I get it. They could broker consensus, they could take what people need and translate it into bigger picture purchase ideas. You can support discussion and consensus and organisation without throwing around accusations like that Mickey Rourke in Iron Man II with his electrical whips. You can stop centring yourself and your anger and listen and work with people instead of confrontation that makes people instantly hostile and frightened. This doesn't generate as many Twitter likes from other middle-class poverty tourists, I grant you, but it might actually be helpful.

The awful thing, the really awful thing is that I don't think you have no impact, rather I feel like ultimately you have a detrimental impact on this process. Frankly, I wish I could send you to your room and tell you to let the grown ups get on with it. This last 24 hours have been so fucking embarrassing. So bad. It's like listening to a teenager say something that you know is going to make them cringe inside-out when they are older and remember it, except you are 3-fucking-2 years old. Stop it. Please. It's so bad.

• Heart
Reactions: 125

Emmapism

VIP Member
I think I'm going to take a long overdue Jack thread break. She's abominable and it starts to wear you down, you know? See you all on the other side ninnies 🙂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 116

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Her tweet to Marcus Rashford was extremely gauche.
‘FYI Marcus you might wanna tell them to get your name outta their mouth cos this ain’t it.’

Just so ... awful. I cringe, I cringe, I cringe.
Badly done, Jack.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 113

jenny2603

VIP Member
I know it's against the Tattle rules but I'm thinking of sharing a heartbreaking picture I received with top campaigner Jack "Politically Difficult" Monroe. It's really upset me and I feel confident that Jack could do something about this outrage.

___220-2d82c7e62e8c9de4cf4a68435a635f4e.png

The vile slop sandwich above is what one poor little boy in Essex was forced to eat for his lunch. Serious questions need to be asked of the government who allow this to go on. Just imagine this was your lunch!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 106

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Ooohhhhh!!

Buckle up Tattlers, there’s some Twitter stirrings in play and I’m here for all of it
___518-52bd6465f974a0f5013eb6066d6c6550.png
___519-b02302a638a210586085d9a36507f76e.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 105

colouredlines

VIP Member
Marcus: OK, let's sit down and talk this through.

Chartwells: Right, well there seems to be a misunderstanding...

Jack: LOOK AT THIS PHOTO

Chartwells: If you'll just let us...

Jack: LOOK AT ANOTHER PHOTO

Chartwells: The issue is...

Jack: I HAVE 500 OF THESE PHOTOS

Chartwells: Right, but the problem is...

Jack: THERE'S NO NUTRITION IN LETTUCE!!! WHERE ARE THE SAUSAGES?!

Chartwells: If we can say...

Jack: YOU'RE MATES WITH DAVID CAMERON, ABSOLUTELY GET FUCKED

Results, ladies and gentlemen.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104

Boogs

VIP Member
I was a kid on free school meals. I was a kid who stank because she didn’t have any clean clothes and had holes in her shoes. I was a kid who was eventually taken into care and stayed in various different foster homes.

I’m now a leftie lezzer who rents but I only have 1 tattoo and no Essex accent.

Jack you are a grade A cunt and you speak for nobody but yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 103

FunnyFuneral

VIP Member
ex and h

Sorry I'm new but can I just say dinner ladies work in school kitchens & are required to qualify in NSQ Food Hygiene so no we wont just dollop luke warm off temp food poisoning dinners in a Tupperware for delivery at some point you utter belittling fucking bellend Monroe

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 101
I can’t believe her trying to use African American slang to Marcus Rashford. Poor guy trying to do his best to help the children of the UK and this weirdo won’t leave him alone. I also am so fucking sick of her saying things like “the caucasity”. White women going on about how bad white people and white men in particular are, are the fucking worst. You’re white too, you idiots. Yes “whiteness” as a construct and the use/invention of race to make the modern capitalist world is a bad thing. BUT people are not good or bad because of their race. Even white people. If you can say white people are inherently bad because they are white you are implying that there are actual differences between races that can be measured by “goodness” and then that becomes measuring intelligence and so on. The same with people who say they love Jewish people because Ashkenazi people are supposedly more intelligent than others. So then who are the least intelligent and what does that mean and how is that measured?
I’m sorry for ranting but I fucking hate people going on about how much white people suck. Not because of “racism against white people” but because it legitimises racist arguments that there are inherent differences (moral and intellectual) between races.

• Heart
Reactions: 100