Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve brought this up before and now more than ever I’m confused. As she is self employed who is paying her to rant on Twitter? She classes this as work but from who? Who is telling her to? I could understand is she was providing something, or promoting but all I can see is her huffing and puffing about herself.

I occasionally break my work rules by going on my phone and scrolling Twitter/Tattle but I don’t class that as work, even during working hours.

Reactions: 52
I’ve brought this up before and now more than ever I’m confused. As she is self employed who is paying her to rant on Twitter? She classes this as work but from who? Who is telling her to? I could understand is she was providing something, or promoting but all I can see is her huffing and puffing about herself.

I occasionally break my work rules by going on my phone and scrolling Twitter/Tattle but I don’t class that as work, even during working hours.
She is essentially an influencer. This kind of talk improves her reach and engagement by latching onto social issues... making it easier to get brand partnerships who just see the near 300k followers and don't follow due diligence about her pile ons. She of course takes it all one step further and frames her own story into every conversation... her inner narc jumping out.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 51
Whilst she's mindfully gazing at her garden and eating toast this morning Jack might pause to consider why, after a decade of pioneering, campaigning etc etc about food poverty, Roadside Mum didn't reach out to her?
Why did I bother writing this, Jack has the insight of a goldfish 🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
She has categorically NOT "lived this". She is a middle class person whose brief stint on benefits ended when her son was a toddler.

The last thing she wrote for the national press was an article bigging up the queen. Voice of the downtrodden!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
No one asked her to be up til 3am though did they? It's not like shes the only one doing anything about it and even then she just slams her hands across the keyboard and hopes it makes sense.

Marcus Rashford has done more for child poverty in a shorter period of time than she ever will, his tweets are short, succinct and to the point garnering the massive attention these issues absolutely need, Jack needs to start paying attention to how hes doing it rather than making everyone's eyes glaze over with her reams of worthless tweets.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
what exactly is to be achieved by retweeting pictures of food boxes? and I'd quite like not to stay angry thankspaceyou

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
There’s only one way to find out.....FIGHT!

(not really, Big Bri is a pacifist. Lub u puddy muddle 🥰 🤍)
Back atcha Bri! (disclaimer: I have no idea who BB is. I'll ask Twitter at some point when my dopamine's a bit low)
Glad we're not fighting. As a puddy muddle, my hands are somewhat tied.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I'd honestly love to know what it is they think Jack is doing.
This👆

As far as I can see from twitter; The DFE are aware of it, Chartwells are aware of it, several MP's are aware of it, a large no of celebs are aware of it, journalists are aware of it, Rashford is aware of it...... All of these people have said they will investigate it/work on it today.

Having listened to 5 Live this morning, the BBC are talking about it, it's in various papers this morning too!

Maybe nothing will happen as a result of all of these people with genuine influence being involved but surely change will happen.
(By the way Jack that change can't happen at 11pm at night in the space of 7 minutes!)

What exactly is Mary Slopppins bringing to the table except ranting on twitter?

• Heart
Reactions: 67
View attachment 384990
Emma Kennedy weighing in now (don't think this has been posted already?).
Dear everyone in government, please don't...
No, lets not. I wonder how much Jack slop Emma herself eats? How about we just give parents the money they need to feed their children and let them make their own decisions. If I may borrow from Jack, first we feed the people not first we create a pointless job for a lazy entitled middle class woman.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
This👆

As far as I can see from twitter; The DFE are aware of it, Chartwells are aware of it, several MP's are aware of it, a large no of celebs are aware of it, journalists are aware of it, Rashford is aware of it...... All of these people have said they will investigate it/work on it today.

Having listened to 5 Live this morning, the BBC are talking about it, it's in various papers this morning too!

Maybe nothing will happen as a result of all of these people with genuine influence being involved but surely change will happen.
(By the way Jack that change can't happen at 11pm at night in the space of 7 minutes!)

What exactly is Mary Slopppins bringing to the table except ranting on twitter?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Instead of getting individual permission to re post the pictures with no identifying info. Could she not ask that people send their photos to the department of education, or one of the other organisations which have said they are investigating this issue?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.